Temple of the Elements

Discussion forum for Devil Whiskey 3rd Party MODS.

Moderator: Admin

Growler
Necrolord

Post by Growler »

Hi, I'm Growler.. this funny-lookin' kid is Origen... Satan's spawn lurkin' over there is Dommer.. & the rest of the cuttin' crew can intro themselves 2 u! (again) :wink:

Oh, btw--you owe me (Growler) 200 bux.
No Contraries : No Progression.
Opposition is true friendship, unless one is opposed to true friendship or (try) Resisting here http://www.cafepress.com/notheresistor
origen
Dark Sidhe Lord

Post by origen »

So far, everything is testing okay. There is still work to do, but there was some progress today.

The opening riddle is ready to be scripted, so that should be very basic. There aren't any hints, so you have to use your own knowledge, but hopefully it is easier than the lover's hair riddle. :D

Gnav's opening dialogue is also written, so that just needs to be transferred to a script as well.

Since this has taken a lot longer than most people, including myself, would have liked, I will keep it simple, as all of the action (with the exception of Gnav's dialogue) will be contained inside the temple. Perhaps, in the future, I may expand on this more, but I just do not do any DW modding very often, so it would be unfair to you guys to hold this up until I get around to it.

Thanks for the patience.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
Meanwhile
Green Dragon

Post by Meanwhile »

any closer on finishing this thing Origen?
Defenders fell, their bane come true, Garth, Roscoe, Kylearan too!
origen
Dark Sidhe Lord

Post by origen »

As some of you may have realized, I am no closer to finishing this, and I can not realistically say that it will happen. Even when I try to finish up, I really do not have the interest anymore.

So, if anyone is willing to finish this up, I will send them everything I have, as well as what is left. If not, then it will probably be released eventually as is, which would be my last resort. I would hold onto it in hopes I finish, in that case.

From what I remember, a script needs to be written just outside the gates of Rennibister, where Gnav presents his plea to you. Since this would be a higher level quest, I would recommend using one of the main quest flags to activate this message. Once you hear his message, another flag will be activated, which will provide access to the temple in the wilderness. (Location has not been placed by me, so feel free to change it.)

Also, I had intended to have a riddle provide access to the first ward of the temple, so I will provide the riddle to you (hopefully I can still find it), and it is up to you if you use it or not.

After that, anything else can be added or changed as you desire, as this is really a community mod. Respond if you are interested.
dragonbait
Stalker

Post by dragonbait »

origen wrote:As some of you may have realized, I am no closer to finishing this, and I can not realistically say that it will happen. Even when I try to finish up, I really do not have the interest anymore.

So, if anyone is willing to finish this up, I will send them everything I have, as well as what is left. If not, then it will probably be released eventually as is, which would be my last resort. I would hold onto it in hopes I finish, in that case.

From what I remember, a script needs to be written just outside the gates of Rennibister, where Gnav presents his plea to you. Since this would be a higher level quest, I would recommend using one of the main quest flags to activate this message. Once you hear his message, another flag will be activated, which will provide access to the temple in the wilderness. (Location has not been placed by me, so feel free to change it.)

Also, I had intended to have a riddle provide access to the first ward of the temple, so I will provide the riddle to you (hopefully I can still find it), and it is up to you if you use it or not.

After that, anything else can be added or changed as you desire, as this is really a community mod. Respond if you are interested.
:cry: That's really too bad Origen. :cry: I was looking forward to a final mod from the modmaster. :cry: Though I can see how you can get bored with modding after already completing other DW mods. After I completed the Basement, I feel that going through and getting stuff done for the Xoram's Tower mod has been not as much fun as doing the original basement mod. But I hope that you reconsider and come back to complete your last mod. One mod to rule them all.

Well if you end up deciding not to rule them all, If you can post a link to the files that you have done so far that way people can download them and continue on, that would be cool. I've still got my hands full right now with Xoram's Tower, but maybe Rickstavern, or HGamer, or maybe some new people could start moddingChaney / Growler / Meanwhile could pick up where you left off (hint hint).

If someone else doesn't finish the mod for the Temple of the Elements, then I will pick it up eventually after I finish Xoram's Tower, but hope others will be able to continue on with "Origen's modding Legacy"
origen
Dark Sidhe Lord

Post by origen »

If the tools ever get fixed/improved, I will give another shot and hope that my interest is back. I am still interested in the genre, as I am playing BT 1 again now, but every time I start modding, there is always something that can not be done which annoys me.
Growler
Necrolord

Post by Growler »

whatever ye kidz do--do KNOT annoy the Origen!

(sung to tune of 'don't feed the grizzlies')

:P
Opposition is true friendship, unless one is opposed to true friendship or (try) Resisting here http://www.cafepress.com/notheresistor
origen
Dark Sidhe Lord

Post by origen »

At what point do you think someone should begin the Temple of the Elements quest? It is really designed for a high level party, so I am going to make it dependant on completing to a certain point in the game before you find out about the quest.

Since I really haven't played the game much, what point do you think that is?
chaney
Stalker

Post by chaney »

Well, it doesn't seem to have posted my reply, so I will try again.

Origen, I am thrilled that you are taking this up again. SWEET!!! Since you seem to be asking for opinions, I would suggest having it start up after the catacombs.
Bring on the Dancing Horses!
origen
Dark Sidhe Lord

Post by origen »

Yeah, I have been doing some work recently "behind the scenes", but did not want to post anything in case I dropped off again. But I got all of the wards working, as well as the riddles, although I need to write two more riddles, as I lost my earlier versions.

I also need to script the final battle (and verbiage) as well as the introductory verbiage, which is what I am working on now. Basically, Gnav will give you the intro, and reveal to you the location of the Temple, which will not appear until you get the instructions.
dragonbait
Stalker

Post by dragonbait »

that's awesome origen! :D

It'll be great to see Gnav in action. :wink:
chaney
Stalker

Post by chaney »

Still with us?
origen
Dark Sidhe Lord

Post by origen »

I am still here, but working slowly. Things have been hectic in RL, but I didn't forget about this.
chaney
Stalker

Post by chaney »

Woohoo!!
Growler
Necrolord

Post by Growler »

Growler seconds Chaney's Wooty-Hooey!

Catty Combs seems reasonable.
Or, after the Guard Tower :twisted:

Btw, who in their wrong mind would ever allow RL to interfere with HERE??
:?

by 'RL' we do mean Ruinous Landscaping, right? :?: