Temple of the Elements

Discussion forum for Devil Whiskey 3rd Party MODS.

Moderator: Admin

origen
Dark Sidhe Lord

Temple of the Elements

Post by origen »

Well, I haven't had much luck (although I will admit I didn't spend that much time) working through the scripting issue I am having, hopefully these old forums will allow me to look back over some old notes and see where I have gone off.

The TotE is not dead, and hopefully neither are these forums.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
dragonbait
Stalker

Temple of the Elements

Post by dragonbait »

Good to know that the temple of the elements is still going forward. Though it seems we lost everything on these forums from October 11 - December 31 and basically everything we've written on this site about the TOtE prior to the site collapsing. I know we have the ending of the TOtE in place per corresponding via your Origen's Message Board, but if you need any of the early interactions (first meetings) with Gnav the gnome, or anything else you need me to do let me know. (or any other help in general)

Did you get the elemental ward technical issue solved?
origen
Dark Sidhe Lord

Post by origen »

I got some of the Elemental scripts working. I was able to isolate the problem, although I still want to work on optomizing the scripts a bit.

But at least I am starting to see some progress.
dragonbait
Stalker

Post by dragonbait »

any more updates for the temple of the elements? :D
origen
Dark Sidhe Lord

Post by origen »

Too much real life getting in the way, but I believe the ward scripts should be completed. I would just have to give them a quick once-over.

I also completed the final boss battle, but have yet tested.

I need to check the location of some scripts, as they seem a space or two off, but that should be simple. I would then need to add a few scripts so you can't pass from one ward to the next until you completed certain criteria, and then I will probably release a workable beta.

No timeframe, since I never stick to them anyway, but I will give you an update soon.
origen
Dark Sidhe Lord

Post by origen »

The four wards are working correctly.

I had a scripting error on the final battle. I believe I fixed it, but I haven't tested in game yet.

I have the opening riddle, which will control you entering the first ward. Hopefully it isn't too hard to solve. I just have to script it, so that will happen hopefully tomorrow.

Once these few things are done, that will complete everything in the temple. I will then have to create Gnav's dialogue script outside Renibister, and then move the temple entrance to the correct location, and then off to you for testing.

I plan on doing some more work on this tomorrow, so hopefully we have some good progress this weekend.
chaney
Stalker

Post by chaney »

Origen buddy, please don't give up. Despite Dom's negativity, those of us that are interested are still very interested. I still play the original game, even though I can recite the dialogue by heart. I have thoroughly enjoyed your mods and am waiting with great anticipation to another one. I wish Rick would do another as well. Thanks for what you have done already! I am also looking forward to the basement as well.
Bring on the Dancing Horses!
Meanwhile
Green Dragon

Post by Meanwhile »

Yes. There are still people here that enjoy the DW and look forward to future fan-based mods and anything else we can get our grubby little nads on. I too am looking forward to the highly anticipated Origen's "TEMPLE OF THE ELEMENTS" and also Dragonbait's "THE BASEMENT". As long as the DW is around. Count me in on being here.

-Meanwhile
Defenders fell, their bane come true, Garth, Roscoe, Kylearan too!
Meanwhile
Green Dragon

Post by Meanwhile »

Er.. that was supposed to be our grubby little hands. Not grubby little nads. :lol:
origen
Dark Sidhe Lord

Post by origen »

I was willing to keep going, until I got the image of meanwhile's grubby little nads. :shock: (unfortunately, there are no vomiting smileys here.)

Anyway, I didn't do any work today (stuck doing some things around the house), but I am not going to give up until this is released, which shouldn;t be too much longer.
Growler
Necrolord

Post by Growler »

Well, now that d-testible (play on 'nads'? :D ) taxes be done & over with--there's no more excuses fur Modders moddin' & playas playin'!

:P :D :P
No Contraries : No Progression.
Opposition is true friendship, unless one is opposed to true friendship or (try) Resisting here http://www.cafepress.com/notheresistor
chaney
Stalker

Post by chaney »

Well fuzz-butt(growler for you other fuzz-butts), you sure are back with a vengeance. Good comments on the modders here. I am sure they get a little burned out as well. I will continue to patiently wait.
Bring on the Dancing Horses!
Meanwhile
Green Dragon

Post by Meanwhile »

Release to be soon??? :?: Can't wait!!
Growler
Necrolord

Post by Growler »

...melting.....Growler's...melting....whilst....waiting......

8) :P 8)
No Contraries : No Progression.
Opposition is true friendship, unless one is opposed to true friendship or (try) Resisting here http://www.cafepress.com/notheresistor
HGamer
War Monger

Post by HGamer »

I hope nobody was holding their breath, or postponing other bodily functions, while waiting for me to finish "The Bard's Lore". I've got files here dating from 2004! Some stuff that I can't even figure out now, and will have to test from scratch all over again.
Oh well. One nice thing about Alzheimers - you meet new people every day!
1 point 21 jigawatts!