Temple of the Elements

Discussion forum for Devil Whiskey 3rd Party MODS.

Moderator: Admin

dragonbait
Stalker

Post by dragonbait »

Growler wrote:
KSS wrote:Yup. Perhaps I should have spelled it "click me" :)
keep mashing mouse butt all over the "click me" just above, but nuttin! :roll:
I tried KSS's "click me" and Growler's "click me" but neither work.

Just joking! :lol:

I've downloaded the TotE. Haven't had a chance to run it through yet, though I did take a look through the files and read all the scripts. Will want to make a new Megamod download. So am I right in that If I take the last Megamod release and add the TotE files over them and then re-zip them back up all should be OK?
chaney
Stalker

Post by chaney »

Just finished it-LOTS of fun. You changed all of the textures and added things. Very nice colors. Check your grammar on the speech before the final battle. I won't say what, so I don't spoil anything. THANK YOU!
Bring on the Dancing Horses!
KSS
Black Claw

Post by KSS »

Glad you liked it.

As for the grammar, I checked but I'm not sure: is it a problem between preterit and present perfect? These have always been a weak point of mine.

To avoid spoilers, you can e-mail me at [email protected]

Bye
chaney
Stalker

Post by chaney »

Even if you played what you could on the original Tote, play this one-it has some fun differences.
Growler
Necrolord

Post by Growler »

KSS, let me see if I understand correctly.. according to your notes--I need a high-level party (around 35~40) developed within the MegaMod that has completed the Guard's Tower?

If so, it may be a while before I can replay DW (within the MegaMod) up to completion of Guard's Tower. Guess there's no way to bring a party from a non-MegaMod installation?

Well, even if problematic, it's great to have folks modding within the MegaMod! That seems a great long-term way to go. :P
No Contraries : No Progression.
Opposition is true friendship, unless one is opposed to true friendship or (try) Resisting here http://www.cafepress.com/notheresistor
KSS
Black Claw

Post by KSS »

Sorry Growler, but the Megamod included changes in the items data file for one thing, so there probably would be corrupted data if you used a pre-Megamod save game.

edit: if you wish to try TotE without going through the hassle of re-playing the game, I think I can fix you a cheat-script that gives your party a lot of xp and gold, and sets the flag to trigger Gnav's encounter.
That way you'd just have to install DW, the Megamod and TotE, create a party, boost it to a suitable level and buy spells.

Tell me if you want that.
dragonbait
Stalker

Post by dragonbait »

KSS wrote:Sorry Growler, but the Megamod included changes in the items data file for one thing, so there probably would be corrupted data if you used a pre-Megamod save game.
So in terms of getting a new Megamod Release issued, If one downloaded the Megamod (without having DW installed), and added the TotE mod files over the Megamod, one could then re-zip all the files back into one .zip downloadable file? or is there anything in TotE that will replace other mods vital files? Is the picindex, monster file and items file used in TotE the same used in the previous Megamod Release?
KSS
Black Claw

Post by KSS »

I used the picindex, items file and Wilderness map from the Megamod to fix TotE, so no problemo, installing TotE will not invalidate any part of the MegaMod.

Actually, I intend to update the Megamod with TotE and Druid's Challenge when I've completed it (I have already updated my Druids Challenge files to include TotE's additions).

And as you said, if you already have the MegaMod, you just have to overwrite it with TotE, then Druid's Challenge to have an updated MegaMod.
Growler
Necrolord

Post by Growler »

KSS wrote:..if you wish to try TotE without going through the hassle of re-playing the game, I think I can fix you a cheat-script that gives your party a lot of xp and gold, and sets the flag to trigger Gnav's encounter.
That way you'd just have to install DW, the Megamod and TotE, create a party, boost it to a suitable level and buy spells.

Tell me if you want that.
That sounds cool and very helpful--and maybe some others could benefit from it?

If you have time and not too much trouble, Thanks! :D

Ah, then I could play thru RickTavern's harder mod (up North) as swell! :wink:
Opposition is true friendship, unless one is opposed to true friendship or (try) Resisting here http://www.cafepress.com/notheresistor
KSS
Black Claw

Post by KSS »

Ok, here is the cheat.

After installing the MegaMod, put the .py in data/scipts and the .cfg in maps (overwrite)

The cheat spot is just north of Leughmaghen.

Enjoy
chaney
Stalker

Post by chaney »

Is Origen aware of the updated version? If you still lurk O-man, have you tried it yet?
Growler
Necrolord

Post by Growler »

Awesome! Thanks, KSS.
Should have some time tomorrow to check it out. :P
Growler
Necrolord

Post by Growler »

Soon as I got back into the game and had a fight, I remembered why I'd stopped playing--my 'new'er sys has really crappy video (low-end mthrbd-based vid-chipset) whereas my older sys had a decent dedicated vid-card. So I think several of the animated monsters that pop up during a fight grind everything to a virtual halt. So gonna hafta put it on hold for a bit until I can upgrade my video. :evil:

I used to have an issue whenever the animated ogre pic popped up, but that was fixed with a non-animated version.

Anyone have any other ideas what might be causing a sudden extreme slowdown during most/many encounters?
KSS
Black Claw

Post by KSS »

Hi.

Just a little post to say that I haven't abandoned my mod; I'm just stuck up with other things so the work is on hold, but I'll get back to it.

KSS
chaney
Stalker

Post by chaney »

You are referring to Druid's Challenge, right?