the basement

Discussion forum for Devil Whiskey 3rd Party MODS.

Moderator: Admin

Growler
Necrolord

Post by Growler »

2 thoughts:

My hide died in the basement.
&
Furbutt my A55!

oh.. :oops:
No Contraries : No Progression.
Opposition is true friendship, unless one is opposed to true friendship or (try) Resisting here http://www.cafepress.com/notheresistor
chaney
Stalker

Post by chaney »

Going back a few steps to HGamer. I actually asked this on your website, and then noticed this on the forums. So, when can we expect something to sink our teeth(or tooth in Growls case) into? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Bring on the Dancing Horses!
origen
Dark Sidhe Lord

Post by origen »

Just a quick question from someone who didn't play your mod. I see in renwild, you have two structures, a 2x2 "house", and a 1x1 tower. However, I do not see a script for entering the tower. Is this Xoram's Tower, and is it set up in this mod?

I am asking because I am looking to where to place these items in my mega mod, and I want to make sure I get everything right. If it is Xoram's Tower, does it need to be in close proximity to the Basement? I can keep them close, or move them apart, however you would like it. I am just going to move the main location, as there is so much more wilderness now, it would make more sense for things to be a little more spaced.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
dragonbait
Stalker

Post by dragonbait »

at the end of the final basement level there is an alternate exit that will transport you to inside the tower (right across the entrance of the basement) so you don't have to go back up 4 levels to get out. It is not Xoram's Tower.
origen
Dark Sidhe Lord

Post by origen »

I will have to check my installation files again, as I didn't see a script associated with the tower in the wilderness, unless there wasn't one, and only a exit to the map square without a script.

Thanks for the info.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
dragonbait
Stalker

Post by dragonbait »

I'm 98% sure that the exit through the tower was just an exit point without a script.
dragonbait
Stalker

Post by dragonbait »

Growler wrote:My hide died in the basement.
and Growler died in the basement. :twisted:
Growler
Necrolord

Post by Growler »

Growler's weren't cut out for basement play.. :?

we need fresh heir & a little sunshine...like super-Duper-man!!!
Opposition is true friendship, unless one is opposed to true friendship or (try) Resisting here http://www.cafepress.com/notheresistor
jy_blaste
War Monger

Post by jy_blaste »

I've been avoiding this thread until I got a chance to play Dragon's 'Basement', and now I have in 2.01b.

FABULOUS mod Dragon, great work!! Well thought out and very enjoyable. I'd have to say that it was equal or better than any of the dungeons in DW (equal to some, better than most). You should keep going and make another few dungeons - you definitely have style and well thought out layouts. I personally enjoyed the riddles with no clues that were solvable within 1 to 5 guesses, and the numerous anti magic squares that have been missing in DW to make you spend more SP. I also really like the magic drinks, which I guess I can't say any more about without arousing the spoiler police, but nevertheless, great job and nice touches.

I went down there with my level 46-48 party, so we had a grand old time kicking everyone's butt will little to no magic, except for the Ubi's (sp?). I don't see how a sub-level 18 party could take on those Ubi's (of course, if I had a bard we could run away). I really like the Holy gloves for my monk - thank you very much for that nice touch, thought it was for the Paly but was pleasantly suprised (doing this test run with no Paly or Psi or Bard - gasp!). Also liked the treat at the end for my Warrior, thank you for that too.

Well done Dragon!
jy_blaste
War Monger

Post by jy_blaste »

p.s. Dragon, did you expect level 10 to 18 parties to be able to beat the 'XX' number of 20' ____ dragons at the end of the Basement? That was a very tough fight. :lol: :evil:
Thx again for a great mod, my party loves tough fights. (still haven't used Mind Vortex on this time around, and now finished the Argent quest, heading to the Dwarf Caves).
dragonbait
Stalker

Post by dragonbait »

jy_blaste wrote:p.s. Dragon, did you expect level 10 to 18 parties to be able to beat the 'XX' number of 20' ____ dragons at the end of the Basement? That was a very tough fight. :lol: :evil:
Thx again for a great mod, my party loves tough fights. (still haven't used Mind Vortex on this time around, and now finished the Argent quest, heading to the Dwarf Caves).
:lol: No. Fighting the dragons was optional but if you were able to kill them there was a secret staircase that led back up to where the tower is above ground. IIRC. 8)
jy_blaste
War Monger

Post by jy_blaste »

yes, I found that secret exit, nice touch.
Growler
Necrolord

Post by Growler »

Well, at long last, after many a reel-werld interferencing--Growler has *Completed* Dragonbait's Superb Basement Mod! :P

Very sweet.. lot of fun. If I could do it over again--I'd go with a younger party (took my main DW crew) or just leave a few adventurers home..

As others have said, the overall gameplay/design was excellent, and the mazes were super-cool. Awesome original graphics/textures.. Lots of fun scripted fights..& great storyline by the end.

Speaking of ending--I was kinda glad to have my entire hi-lev crew once we encountered a few dr***ns.. :shock:

Speaking of the 'end' parts deux--I'm thinking of replaying just to see how certain things might've gone if I'd made a dif choice.. hmmm..

Don't wanna give anything too much away for any newbies here, but encourage everyone to play it!! :D