the basement

Discussion forum for Devil Whiskey 3rd Party MODS.

Moderator: Admin

origen
Dark Sidhe Lord

Post by origen »

Good job. I look forward to playing.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
Meanwhile
Green Dragon

Re: "The Basement" DW mod Download

Post by Meanwhile »

dragonbait wrote:Well here it is....... hopefully I've copied all of the required files to run the mod. Let me know if you find any bugs or just to say if you liked it or didn't. It was allot of fun making this DW mod. A BIG THANKS TO ORIGEN, RICKSTAVERN, HGAMER, and all else who helped me through this whole process. THANKS SO MUCH!!!!!!!! :D
and as always be sure to read the readme file first. Thanks

-Bri (dragonbait)

http://www.icestorm9999.com/downloads/basement.zip
Awesome!..........meanwhile.............(drooling with anticipation as I download the basement mod.) :P
Defenders fell, their bane come true, Garth, Roscoe, Kylearan too!
HGamer
War Monger

Post by HGamer »

I downloaded it just a few minutes ago, and immediately went and read the readme file. That's good work - it looks a lot like what I have in my own draft readme, and you've covered a few things I forgot like if somebody ever gets any money for it.

Two things I noticed:
AFAIK, you don't have to include the .pyc files in the distribution. Those are automatically created by the Python interpreter from a .py file when it first encounters a script that it hasn't already compiled.
I only looked at one script file, but saw something sloppy. The bwquadtavern script seems to think you don't have money when you say you don't want to pay. But the if statements that try to take the money using modifyGold don't have any else clauses. You could just un-indent the mainmenu() after the end of each while loop to catch this case, I think. Always cover all the possible ways out of a routine, even the "impossible" ones! Remember to always practice safe coding! :wink:
1 point 21 jigawatts!
dragonbait
Stalker

Post by dragonbait »

I read through the readme's of Rickstavern + Origen's for ideas on what should be on the readme file.

I'll look through the bwquadtavern script when I get out of work. Thanks for the input. :)
Growler
Necrolord

Post by Growler »

Got a chance to play yer groovy mod some this morn & so far it's great! :P
Mebe 1/2-way thru first basement section..

I ended up taking my entire old screw-crew (they had completed DW), so they're a bit over-matched thus far....

Awesome textures & storyline.. dig that Easter Isle erum, thingie! :wink:

Looking forward to playing on thru ASAP!
No Contraries : No Progression.
Opposition is true friendship, unless one is opposed to true friendship or (try) Resisting here http://www.cafepress.com/notheresistor
chaney
Stalker

Post by chaney »

I have started playing it.Sweet!! I had 1 hiccup on the spider lair. The message when you step on the square where the battle took place flashes a message too fast to get anything but a glance. Am having a lot of fun. Thanx, C
Bring on the Dancing Horses!
dragonbait
Stalker

Post by dragonbait »

I'll have to upload an update sometime soon to make these minor corrections. Haven't gotten around to looking through the bwquadtavern script yet but i've seen the spiderlair script and it's just a minor fix to correct on that one. I've also noticed that for the bwlast script, I had mistakenly forgotten to add the rest of the final treasure :oops:, though right now you still get one really nice item of value upon defeating the last battle. I'll let you know when I post an update.
Oh and don't feel that you have to wait for the update cause you should be able to play through the entire mod without any real problems. 8) I'll probably update every now and again just to make improvements. :wink:
Meanwhile
Green Dragon

Post by Meanwhile »

meanwhile..................this basement mod is really GGGRRRRRAAAAATE! (like Tony the Tiger would say) and really groovy textures, (like growler would say). And I like the teleportation circles. Nice job! Are those cheerios on the floor?! NICE!!! :D
Growler
Necrolord

Post by Growler »

Hey--where's the *Spoiler Alert* Patrol?!? 8) :oops: 8)
Opposition is true friendship, unless one is opposed to true friendship or (try) Resisting here http://www.cafepress.com/notheresistor
Meanwhile
Green Dragon

Post by Meanwhile »

oops. sorry. um. yeah. like those are really um, just corn flakes on the ground. uh. yeah yeah. there not cheerios at all. nope. :oops: and I didn't say nothin' about no teleportation circles! :oops:
Growler
Necrolord

Post by Growler »

My spoiler alerty was jest fur phun.. not dire-cted at anyone....spatial. :twisted: :? :twisted:
Meanwhile
Green Dragon

Post by Meanwhile »

yeah but can't be spoilin' the fun for anyone that hasn't played the mod yet. :wink:
chaney
Stalker

Post by chaney »

Dragonbait, I hate you and your stupid mod. Because of you, I got less than 2 hours of sleep last night! I couldn't pull myself away until I completed it. Sweet Work!! I was unable to equip the holy gloves with any of my characters, including my paladin. Very nice textures, and the drinks in the bar were very helpful. Well thought out! Thanks for a lack of sleep and a lot of fun.
Bring on the Dancing Horses!
dragonbait
Stalker

Post by dragonbait »

A Monk character can equip the Holy Gloves. Glad you liked the mod. :D
dragonbait
Stalker

Post by dragonbait »

Just out of curiosity, at the end did you (f)ight? or (r)efuse to fight?