the basement

Discussion forum for Devil Whiskey 3rd Party MODS.

Moderator: Admin

dragonbait
Stalker

Post by dragonbait »

Well, I was tryin' out Growlers challenge of takin' 1 char through the DW, but the thrill of playin' Devil Whiskey again just isn't there as much. I've already beaten the game previously + I feel like i'd rather be modding. So I've decided to go back at it and create another Devil Whiskey mod. I've made a few new maps on graph paper again and will be working on a new DW mod. When I have something interesting to post regarding the new mod, I will post it in a new thread. 8)

Hope you all liked playing "The Basement" It was allot of fun to make and i'd suggest anyone that's thinkin' about making their own mod to do so. There's plenty of info on these forums for anyone to make a mod of their own.
Growler
Necrolord

Post by Growler »

Hey, didn't intend for folks to go thru entire game.. just see if folks could get a single char up to level 8 or so ~ or, that's what I meant to suggest if not. :oops:

Well, I'm still enjoying yer super-cool mod, so Hopefully I'll have completed it by the time ye've got yer New Moddie ready! :P
No Contraries : No Progression.
Opposition is true friendship, unless one is opposed to true friendship or (try) Resisting here http://www.cafepress.com/notheresistor
chaney
Stalker

Post by chaney »

That is awesome news dragonbait. I can't wait. I am so excited, that I will let you wax old furrbutt! :twisted: :x :D
Bring on the Dancing Horses!
dragonbait
Stalker

Post by dragonbait »

chaney wrote:I will let you wax old furrbutt! :twisted: :x :D
Ewww. :? I will pretend that I didn't hear that and let Origen take care of the ol' waxin' job.
Growler
Necrolord

Post by Growler »

My goodness! Will no one step up & do what kneads a-doing?! :x
Not all are blessed with glabrousness, ye knoweth.

OK, then. I will do it. *grumble-grumble*

Um, who's got the wax?

Btw, is this to be a Brazilian wax? :?
Opposition is true friendship, unless one is opposed to true friendship or (try) Resisting here http://www.cafepress.com/notheresistor
chaney
Stalker

Post by chaney »

Workin at the car wash!!
Bring on the Dancing Horses!
Meanwhile
Green Dragon

Post by Meanwhile »

yes. a brazilian waxing. but you get to keep your nose hair. in fact you have to put your nose hair into braids. Your earhair too. Then Chaney can hose you down at his car wash.
Defenders fell, their bane come true, Garth, Roscoe, Kylearan too!
Growler
Necrolord

Post by Growler »

Hmm.. well, alrighty-then! :twisted:

Braids & Brazilian ending with a flushing flourish at the car wash!

Oh, but how 'bout the arm-pit tangle-jungle?
Braided?
And the.. uh, nevermind. :roll:

Truly is a relief to have one's testosterone (rhymes w/ baloney) working to grow hair in funky places rather than.. you know. Or, if you don't yet--just wait 'til yer all Ogrin's age!! :twisted: :shock: :twisted:
Meanwhile
Green Dragon

Post by Meanwhile »

Growler wrote:just wait 'til yer all Ogrin's age!! :twisted: :shock: :twisted:
but if I wait until i get to Ogrin's age, my hair'll be white....or whatever color hair turns to after it turns white. :twisted:
Rickstavern
Black Claw

Post by Rickstavern »

Well, I've been gone awhile but I thought that I would check in. What is this that I see? A new mod? wonderful!

Congratulations! I'll set up a game and test this out this week.
dragonbait
Stalker

Post by dragonbait »

Rickstavern wrote:Well, I've been gone awhile but I thought that I would check in. What is this that I see? A new mod? wonderful!

Congratulations! I'll set up a game and test this out this week.
Thanks. I've found a new hobby in making mods for the DW. 8) "the basement" was my first. I'm workiin' on my second now. it'll be called "Xoram's Tower"

good to have you back RT! :D Let me know when you get your 2.01b patch updated with Origen's items fix. I'd like to use it with Xoram's Tower.
Meanwhile
Green Dragon

Post by Meanwhile »

Hi Rickstavern, you'll definitely have to try out dragonbait's basement. LOTSA FUN! speaking of mods when are you going to make another one?

+ hey dragonbait, digging your new avatar! Can't wait for Xoram's Tower!
HGamer
War Monger

Post by HGamer »

To answer some questions that I just noticed, but were asked over a month ago:
Yes, I signed me up to make a DW mod of "The Bard's Lore: The Warrior and the Dragon" by John H. Wigforss using the Bard's Tale Construction Set, and the sequel "Bard's Lore 2". After a lot of progress back in 2005 or so, I stopped around the same time that I dropped off the DW forums. It should be relatively easy to get a demo out, which would be just the starting (and only) town and at least one of two dungeons in it. There were several problems with converting from BTCS to DW, and I came up with a lot of unanswered questions for the DW devs. Making a decent shop script was one of them, and Origen probably knows of some other things like getting scripted monsters to join the party.
Actually converting the maps wasn't that hard, except that I expanded the wilderness area outside the town by 9 times. There's more I could talk about, but I know that all you guys care about is when you'll have something to actually play.

OK, you can go back to your jokes about Brazilian car wax.
1 point 21 jigawatts!
Growler
Necrolord

Post by Growler »

HGamer wrote:OK, you can go back to your jokes about Brazilian car wax.
Sweet! :P (butt hoo said anything 'bout 'car' waxing? :?)

So..when will we have something nude to play?
8) :wink: 8)

Glad to see ya hitting the DW boards again, HG!
dragonbait
Stalker

Why "The Basement" ???

Post by dragonbait »

Just some random background knowledge about "The Basement"......I was listening to Dee Dee Ramone's Hop Around album. In particular a song called "I don't wanna die in the basement" I then generated this image for kicks...
then I thought that'd make for a nice DW Mod! + set out to create "The Basement"
Last edited by dragonbait on Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.