Unofficial Devil Whiskey Item File Beta

Discussion forum for Devil Whiskey 3rd Party MODS.

Moderator: Admin

origen
Dark Sidhe Lord

Unofficial Devil Whiskey Item File Beta

Post by origen »

I put this together based on the newer items added in the latest Devil Whiskey patch. Unfortunately, there were still many errors and items that just didn't work. So I put this file together.

ONLY USE THESE FILES WITH A NEW GAME. THEY WILL MESS UP YOUR SAVED GAME.

I had to change the TypeID's since the list would not compile any other way.

Here is the file:

http://www.geocities.com/bardswhiskey/U ... leBeta.zip

The read me goes into more detail, but I changed any item that had a charge of 1 to a 2, so it can be used (Figurines, potions, etc), and assigned locations to a few other items.

What I didn't do was change any balancing or stats on any of the existing items, so the Thunderhammer still only has 100 charges, despite "always returning to you." I also didn't add any of the new items (I believe only the Chakram was added) into the game files, so it will probably not be added to your game unless you script it yourself.

This was just a quick thing I did, and is probably not complete yet, so back-up your files, and make sure you read the Read Me.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
Growler
Necrolord

Post by Growler »

Ogrin, I mean--O' Great & Wise & Ancient Origen! :?

Thanks for doing all this--but would it've killed ya to have added a teeny-tiny zero to the ThunderHammer's charges?!? :( :x :(

You're not really changing a number if you simply add zero to it, right? :twisted:

In fact, in binary (hey--most computers use wons & oh's) the dif between 100 & 1000 is only...erum...hmm.. *whirring calculator noises*

4 = ( 1000=8 ) - ( 100=4 )

I nearly kicked a bucket o' slosh over when I found out that the "OH BOY Finally Fixed!" TH was accidently limited to 100 charges! :o :cry: :roll:

With my guy's NAT being ~5, that meant only ~20 tosses 'fore it sailed away.. & it's a be-otch to craft.

Origen....my good fellow, beast fried, & all-round sordidly decent chap--what say ye? Add a lil 0 to the poor TH's charges?? *Growler batts his furry lashes & wags his...nevermind* :D
No Contraries : No Progression.
Opposition is true friendship, unless one is opposed to true friendship or (try) Resisting here http://www.cafepress.com/notheresistor
origen
Dark Sidhe Lord

Post by origen »

I may consider other changes, but I first wanted to get all of the items that never before worked (and there were too many of them) to at least be functionable. Afterwards, we can consider other requests.
dragonbait
Stalker

Re: Unofficial Devil Whiskey Item File Beta

Post by dragonbait »

origen wrote:based on the newer items added in the latest Devil Whiskey patch.
by the latest DW patch do you mean the unofficial 2.01b? or the official 2.01abeta?
origen
Dark Sidhe Lord

Post by origen »

That would be the official patch. I do not believe any unofficial items were added. Although it will probably never appear in the game, as is, since I doubt that it is ever added to the scripts or cfg files.
Rickstavern
Black Claw

Post by Rickstavern »

Origen, would be be so kind as to include the raw text file for the items in the zip? I would like to include this in my unofficial beta fixes patch.

Thanks.
Growler
Necrolord

Post by Growler »

Any status updates with regards to unofficial fixin's??

Did Origen get that raw text file to RT, or shall Growler apply the Cat o'Nines to his bardly tale? :twisted:

So, if one wishes to start a brand spankin' new game o' DW, how best to proceed--with the various off & unofficial patches?

Which version to install first?
2.0, 2.01, 2.01a ?

Then which patches (official, RT's, Origen's, etc) to apply next & how?

Can these various patches be consolidated?

Can anyone simplify all this for the new bees? (& fur old furry-butts with short mems)
No Contraries : No Progression.
Opposition is true friendship, unless one is opposed to true friendship or (try) Resisting here http://www.cafepress.com/notheresistor
origen
Dark Sidhe Lord

Post by origen »

I honestly do not remember if I sent the raw file to rt. If he still needs it, let me know and I will try to dig it up.