MOD merging

Discussion forum for Devil Whiskey 3rd Party MODS.

Moderator: Admin

dragonbait
Stalker

Post by dragonbait »

"flat metal disc with a sharp outer edge from 5 to 12 inches (13−30 cm) in diameter." from wikipedia

a throwing weapon.

It sounds familiar. IIRC, it was a weapon which was not used or did not work correctly without the patch.
chaney
Stalker

Post by chaney »

What class is it used with-Barbarian? I have a pal,psi,rogue,bard, and mages-none of them can use it.
Bring on the Dancing Horses!
chaney
Stalker

Post by chaney »

I am getting a ctd after some battles with the enchantresses, war mongers, and dark rogues, in the palace. I would guess it is probably treasure related, but don't know.
chaney
Stalker

Post by chaney »

Hey Rick
I get a ctd any time I get to a wereworg in battle.
Rickstavern
Black Claw

Post by Rickstavern »

chaney wrote:Hey Rick
I get a ctd any time I get to a wereworg in battle.
I am certain that this is a problem with the picture for the wereworg. A number of pictures were redone when the original beta patch was released because many users were experiencing crashes the same as you are now. The wereworg was not one of these fixed pictures. Seems that it was just missed at the time.

The problem is that we do not have the source files for these monster pictures. I may be able to hack something together, but it will take some time. If nothing else can be done, then I will change the picture for that monster.
chaney
Stalker

Post by chaney »

Well, let me know what you can come up with. It is just like the ghost dragon issue of old. If it was a set battle, I could just change the script, but random battles I don't know how to deal with. Thanx, C
Rickstavern
Black Claw

Post by Rickstavern »

Good news. My plan to rebuild the picture of the wereworg was a success. I found that I could capture the image before the game crashed. I then did a little photoshop magic to create a new picture. This way, we do not lose any of the art from the game. A little quality may have been lost, but it should not be very noticeable.

The new picture is included in the mod file, so you will need to re download.

Keep up the good work, Chaney. You've helped to eliminate a few stability issues.
chaney
Stalker

Post by chaney »

Thank you for fixing them :D :D At this point, can I just take the new wereworg pic, and save it over the old pic, or do I have to do a fresh install?
chaney
Stalker

Post by chaney »

I have run into some wereworgs, and had no issues. Good Job Rick.
chaney
Stalker

Post by chaney »

I am now getting a ctd when I go to the green bard with the elonian pipes. The guy says meet him by the guard tower, and when you press the space bar, it just closes the program. HELP!!!
Rickstavern
Black Claw

Post by Rickstavern »

That's just me breaking things that I shouldn't. You will need to download and apply the mod again to update a few files.
chaney
Stalker

Post by chaney »

The only thing in there with today's date was the olias script. I did that and still get ctd. Are there other files in there that I need to save over the current files?
chaney
Stalker

Post by chaney »

I don't know if this is important, but when I went in the green bard after yoda told me to, I was forced to fight a bunch of dwarves.
Rickstavern
Black Claw

Post by Rickstavern »

chaney wrote:The only thing in there with today's date was the olias script. I did that and still get ctd. Are there other files in there that I need to save over the current files?
That file is not the one of those that needed to be replaced. You should apply the entire update to revert some things to a previous state. You will not lose anything from a full update.
I don't know if this is important, but when I went in the green bard after yoda told me to, I was forced to fight a bunch of dwarves.
The dwarves are there if you completed origen's addon behind the palace. The fight with the dwarves is the conclusion of that mod.
chaney
Stalker

Post by chaney »

That did the trick. 3 fixes down, ? to go :)
Thanx Rick