MOD merging

Discussion forum for Devil Whiskey 3rd Party MODS.

Moderator: Admin

chaney
Stalker

Post by chaney »

I just went to the oracle-loved the various textures. Where did you get the "oracle" picture? When I left there, all of the wilderness map was undone-What I mean is that if you hit tab you can see where you have been, but when you leave the oracle, that is all reset as if you haven't travelled. Is that by design? All in all, it was very nice to look at-different look to the building and the interior. Thank you very much!
Bring on the Dancing Horses!
Rickstavern
Black Claw

Post by Rickstavern »

The wilderness map reset? How very odd. Never seen this happen on any maps before, so it is just a fluke i'm sure. Does it happen every time you leave or just that one time?

The picture is, I believe, from a Tolkien calendar. The painting is of Smaug, though I do not know the artist.
chaney
Stalker

Post by chaney »

I just went there again, and you are correct, it was just a fluke. Thanx again.
chaney
Stalker

Post by chaney »

I have the next one for you Rick. This might not be new, I don't remember. In totn, in the western caste, when I try to go down to the basement I get a ctd.
Rickstavern
Black Claw

Post by Rickstavern »

I do not have a saved game that is able to test this. Please make your current saved game file available for me and I'll investigate the issue.
chaney
Stalker

Post by chaney »

I did not see any way to attach a file to this site, so pm me your email, and I will send it. I have it saved right at the cellar entrance.
chaney
Stalker

Post by chaney »

It has to be something computer specific. I tried it on another computer, and it works just fine.
Rickstavern
Black Claw

Post by Rickstavern »

It seems likely that it is specific to your PC. I have not been able to duplicate a crash with any game/mod combination.
chaney
Stalker

Post by chaney »

Rick, refresh my memory. The guy in the gateway was just there for show-there was no additional quest-right?
chaney
Stalker

Post by chaney »

On a side note to those of you who haven't played Tales of the North, or those who haven't played it in a while, it is almost big enough to be a game of its' own. It is every bit as good as DW itself.
Rickstavern
Black Claw

Post by Rickstavern »

chaney wrote:Rick, refresh my memory. The guy in the gateway was just there for show-there was no additional quest-right?
If you have opened the gateway in the keep and met the person within then be sure to pay attention to his dialog. Yes, he has sent you on a new quest. If you do not know of the place he describes then you have likely not yet found the entrance.
chaney
Stalker

Post by chaney »

I found it. I actually found it earlier, but couldn't get in, so forgot it.
chaney
Stalker

Post by chaney »

I just finished it(again). It alluded to a sequel. Will there be one? :D
slackmg
Townie

monsters.txt missing from latest megamod

Post by slackmg »

I just downloaded the latest megamod (with the Oracle and north tales) in it. The last megamod had just the 3 mods when I got it in November (last year). The newest also contains the 2.01b patch, but seems to be missing the monsters.txt file the standalone patch has. Is this available someplace with the updates from all the mods?
dragonbait
Stalker

Re: monsters.txt missing from latest megamod

Post by dragonbait »

slackmg wrote:I just downloaded the latest megamod (with the Oracle and north tales) in it. The last megamod had just the 3 mods when I got it in November (last year). The newest also contains the 2.01b patch, but seems to be missing the monsters.txt file the standalone patch has. Is this available someplace with the updates from all the mods?
Hi Slackmg,

The monsters.txt file can be obtained at the Devil Whiskey Yahoo Group. I noticed that some of the links on the file uploaded post did not work but the actual file of the monsters.txt file was able to download after going into the file section of the yahoo group. I have deleted any of the posts containing the incorrectly linking links to the file.

I believe Rickstavern's mods may have new monsters added so the monsters.txt file may not have the most up to date monster listing.
Last edited by dragonbait on Sat Jan 24, 2009 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.