Listings of All DW mods current+past

Discussion forum for Devil Whiskey 3rd Party MODS.

Moderator: Admin

chaney
Stalker

Post by chaney »

I was at pretty high levels-37+, and it was challenging
Bring on the Dancing Horses!
Growler
Necrolord

Post by Growler »

Reckon my current lvl 8 crew needs to scamperound a bit more then! :shock:

How'bout for the The Great Oracle mod?
No Contraries : No Progression.
Opposition is true friendship, unless one is opposed to true friendship or (try) Resisting here http://www.cafepress.com/notheresistor
chaney
Stalker

Post by chaney »

It is a visual thing-no combat, only conversation.
Walker Boh
Orker

What is the point in Defend Rennibister?

Post by Walker Boh »

I tried w/ a brand new party -- instant death for all first evening.

So I tried with a level 3 to 4 party 19 to 46 hps on 8 characters. Played Ditts. Didn't matter, 6 dead before 2 days were up. The automatic missle hits by the creatures make it impossible for a low level party to exist! I'd say level 8 is about the minimum; and I don't know if that would be sufficient with all the automatic missle hits by bands of 12 to 15 creatures.

So if I take a level 20 party into defend Rennibister is the payoff even worth it? How long does the module last? I had 2 semi-comatose characters still barely hanging on, tried resting and running for 5 days-- still no end to the misery. I just went out and committed suicide with those to get it over with.

I do not see the meaning to playing this module. Could someone enlighten me, please?
Mikey
dragonbait
Stalker

Post by dragonbait »

You are defending Rennibister against an invasion. Per RicksTaverns's readme, the mod was originally made for version 2.0. Playing it through the megamod, which contains the patched 2.01b version the difficulty is therefore likely increased. You will have to tough it out. The DW being a fanmade Bard's Tale-Like game, low level characters are meant to be expendable. If low level characters die, replace them with new ones. If higher level characters die, save up and resurrect them at the temple.
chaney
Stalker

Post by chaney »

Hello Bri,
Maybe you could put a note in the Megamod file to not enter the door that gets defend rennibister going until characters have done their first level up.
dragonbait
Stalker

Post by dragonbait »

According to walker boh, he played through with level 3-4 characters and had difficulties with that so If any warning would be done it would need to be more than just past the first level up. A note in the readme would be easier than changing the mod itself. I read the readme file today. that is when I noticed that the mod said specifically....
Defend Rennibister!

The captain of the Guard of Rennibister has been given an office at the barracks in the town plaza. He is a busy man, but he might have time to meet with you.
The content of this additional quest is geared primarily towards low level characters.
Changing "low level characters" to "mid-level characters" might solve this issue easiest.
chaney
Stalker

Post by chaney »

sounds good to me
dragonbait
Stalker

Post by dragonbait »

Megamod version 02a Readme files updated to include......

Code: Select all

The Devil Whiskey MEGAMOD project
(Readme last edited by DB 10/7/2012)

After Applying the Megamod, it is best to start over with a new team rather than use teams from prior saves, as games saved prior to installing the Megamod may lose compatibility. Start a new Party!

Defend Rennibister!

The captain of the Guard of Rennibister has been given an office at the barracks in the town plaza.  He is a busy man, but he might have time to meet with you.
The content of this additional quest is geared primarily towards mid level characters. If you have not reached at least level 8 level characters, you might want to consider putting off this quest until then.
No reason to change the version # since the only change is from the readme's, so it has been uploaded and available at the same download link location. I noticed that although the .zip file said version 02a, when I extracted the folder, the folder only said version 02, so I fixed that too now.
chaney
Stalker

Post by chaney »

For the newbies, it would be nice to put a link to your site in this thread for the download. Is the new version already available on your site? If so, you should change the (updated as of 4/5/2011) comment.
dragonbait
Stalker

Post by dragonbait »

chaney wrote:For the newbies, it would be nice to put a link to your site in this thread for the download. Is the new version already available on your site? If so, you should change the (updated as of 4/5/2011) comment.
Yes, the readme files for the DW Megamod have been uploaded. Same link as before.
www.weekendwastemonster.net/crpgs/dw/DWMEGAMOD-v02a.zip

& for newbies, if you click on the link in my signature you get to the Devil Whiskey files page which has the megamod and allot of other files and things to read/use etc.

The last updated comment re: the megamod, on the website has been changed to 10/7/2012.

You think I should change the thread on the DW forums also? Even though no real changes occured, only to the readme? Perhaps I should, just so there is no confusion.
chaney
Stalker

Post by chaney »

The bureau of redundancy bureau says add it to the other thread too. :D