Bard's Whiskey - Revisited

Discussion forum for Devil Whiskey 3rd Party MODS.

Moderator: Admin

Grodst
Townie

Post by Grodst »

Getting lonely checking in here 'cept for your posting Chaney
Grouchy Old Timer Passes By
chaney
Stalker

Post by chaney »

NO DOUBT. Where are the slackers
Bring on the Dancing Horses!
chaney
Stalker

Post by chaney »

What happened Oman? Did you just lose interest?
origen
Dark Sidhe Lord

Post by origen »

Well, things got a little out of hand. As I was working on this, it became apparent to me that this would directly conflict with the unofficial patch that rickstavern released. Since there are so few mods, I didn't want to have this conflict, and I also didn't feel up to changing everything at that time, so I decided to put it on hold as I had a lot of other stuff going on in my life. I still have everything, however, so nothing is lost.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
origen
Dark Sidhe Lord

Post by origen »

I may have spoken a little too soon, as I can't seem to find the flash drive that has all my files. Hopefully I will find it.
Rickstavern
Black Claw

Post by Rickstavern »

Well, I certainly did not mean to make anything difficult. The idea of the patch was to make it easier to mod by creating a single, clean source. When I was finally able to include a good monster source and the xp charts I think that goal was achieved. Plus, the beta patch, when released, was basically just a collection of bugs anyway and needed some major clean-up. At this time it should not contain anything that is not a core game correction.

If you are referring to the megamod then I can see that as being a problem, but only as far as merging the actions. If you ever need my input then do not hesitate to ask. I will still be informed of any private messages sent my way. As I will likely play a game through again someday, I would always welcome new content.
chaney
Stalker

Post by chaney »

Well, for me anyways, I loved the Megamod!!! I don't know what any of that actually took, but thank you. Actually, I would like to thank anyone who put a mod out there. It really makes this game seem real. As much as I love BT, when they released the construction set, almost nothing was ever done with it. The FRUA set had a lot of activity, just driving home how great the gold box games were. The mods done here make this game not just a flyby. Thank you for that.
origen
Dark Sidhe Lord

Post by origen »

Just to clarify, the MegaMod was great, as well as the unofficial patch, and neither of them caused the problem. The patch did exactly what you wanted, which is why I wasn't happy that my mod would destroy the single clean source that you worked on.

The concern that I had was that I made so many changes to a lot of the items in the game already, as many of them (weapons, specifically) never really had a chance to be used since you can immediately get something better. So I revamped the values of most things, as well as when you get these items.

Also, I think I was allowing it to get too big for me. I don't always work well thinking small.

Well, I did find my flash drive with the DW info, and did a little tweaking during the last day or two. It will still work against the single clean file purpose, but I don't like the fact that I just stopped in the middle. I'm not promising anything, as I tend to get distracted easily, but I am interested in playing Bard's Tale myself, so I might as well finish up my own DW version so I can play it. Then we will see where it goes.
chaney
Stalker

Post by chaney »

Well, this isn't a related topic, but since I don't want to search all over the forums to see if it is only in this topic, did anyone notice that our posts are no longer being counted. If you look in this thread, you will notice that my number is stuck at 339, Origen's is stuck at 861, etc. It isn't counting new posts any more. I will ping Decklin about it, but just now noticed it.
chaney
Stalker

Post by chaney »

Hey Rick or Dragonbait-any desire to pick up where Origen decided to stop?
Domhnall4h
Gnomicron

Post by Domhnall4h »

chaney wrote:Well, this isn't a related topic, but since I don't want to search all over the forums to see if it is only in this topic, did anyone notice that our posts are no longer being counted. If you look in this thread, you will notice that my number is stuck at 339, Origen's is stuck at 861, etc. It isn't counting new posts any more. I will ping Decklin about it, but just now noticed it.
As of now, you're at 366. Didn't check Origen's. Clear your cache.
http://grimmgames.freeforums.org/index.php

San Angelo... What do you know? Now tell me do you have something to say? Don't get me wrong, I miss my home, and it feels like I'm a million miles away.
Growler
Necrolord

Post by Growler »

Speaking of clearing cache.. here's a couple free + excellent progs that I've used hundreds of times on scores of Windows-based systems..

SpyBot's File Shredder (helps they made it standalone)
CCleaner (just uncheck some boxes if ya don't wanna have your 'recently used' list/s cleared

A system will often run significantly better/faster after clearing cache, temp & those super-pesky/uber-hidden index.dat files which store info re: yer browsing history/activity.

Yeah, Linux-based systems generally don't need much cleaning.

Meanwhile, has Origen really given up as Master of Mad Mods?? :roll: :( :?
No Contraries : No Progression.
Opposition is true friendship, unless one is opposed to true friendship or (try) Resisting here http://www.cafepress.com/notheresistor