Bard's Whiskey - Revisited

Discussion forum for Devil Whiskey 3rd Party MODS.

Moderator: Admin

jy_blaste
War Monger

Post by jy_blaste »

what do you do for a living? computer programming? I can't think of anything else, except dentistry or member of parliament that would give someone enough time to even try to do half of what you are doing LOL!

Good think you don't enjoy golf or Growler and Dragonbait wouldn't have any company over the past 3 yrs of forums. :lol:

Later, jy_blaste
origen
Dark Sidhe Lord

Post by origen »

I was thinking of running for Parliment, but it will take too much of my time. I actually just took a week off to go golfing not too long ago, but I am still moving forward with the mod. I won't get too excited until I actually release something. Unfortunately, I tend to get frustrated by the limitations in the DW engine.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
jy_blaste
War Monger

Post by jy_blaste »

I'll tell you what, if you run for President the next time around, use your origen photo in your campaign material, and we'll all vote for you. :D

can anyone say National CRPG Day? (yes Growler, go ahead and say it if it makes you smile :D )
origen
Dark Sidhe Lord

Post by origen »

Well, I have been pouring through the 200+ melee weapons in my mod (including the DW ones) and have been adjusting the damage and values for most of them. I never liked the "get rick quick" ability of the Perfect Long Sword, so that is now gone. I also adjusted the values of most other items, so some are less expensive, while others are probably more. I am also going to give the Thunderhammer unlimited usage, as it implies, but in turn I will make it much harder to get one (and you can only get one!)
Growler
Necrolord

Post by Growler »

well... there goeth thee neighbor's hood.
:( :evil: :(

oh wait--gonna make the Thurderous Hammer work correctly, ye say??

:P

oh Happy, Happy day!

hmm..how only one, tho?? :?
only 1 per party?
only 1 for sale?
can craft only uno??
No Contraries : No Progression.
Opposition is true friendship, unless one is opposed to true friendship or (try) Resisting here http://www.cafepress.com/notheresistor
jy_blaste
War Monger

Post by jy_blaste »

Mjolnir, here we come! (hold on Spidey...nuff said)
origen
Dark Sidhe Lord

Post by origen »

I was thinking no Thunderhammers to be found, and only the opportunity to attempt to craft 1, as it will require a completely unique ingredient which you must obtain on a quest. But, it the crafting fails, you are SOL.

I probably have gone through about 350 items so far, mostly weapons, but some lesser armor pieces as well (shields, helms, gloves, etc)

So far things are moving along nicely. There are just so many items in the game that are pretty useless, since they are low level items, but there is so much better available even at the beginning, I am sure no one uses them. Some that come to mind are the Blowdarts, Tonfas, Throwing knives, spears, slings. I have made the Spears extremely high damaging, but only 1 use. If you have an early level monster that you are having trouble with, this may do the trick. I also added many different versions of just about everything. (Most items look like this: Standard, Poison, Mithril, Elven, Adamant, Dwarven, Enchanted, Diamond, Bluesilver, Rune, Star and Perfect)

I think I fixed the CTD problem in the wilderness, but I am still getting a crash when I exit the game. May have something to do with the save I am using.

Once I get the item list completed (relatively speaking), I will work on getting the wilderness teaser completed. I have used the "Demo" script from the game in most places, as they are not yet completed, but it is just to give a sense on just how big the wilderness will be.

Other than that, here is my task list:
1. Finish the Temple of the Elements
2. Add monster encounters in the 6 BT2 cities (no dungeone or quests yet)
3. Finish the "Leaf Note" quest
4. Script the Gnome city
5. Finish the monster list (need to find out a few more attacks)
6. Create a quest for the Thunderhammer unique crafting ingredient
7. Trees, Trees, and more Trees in the Wilderness
8. Add a few lakes and other wilderness scenery
9. Finish the remaining BT scripts (mostly just a few scripted fights and plot items remaining)
10. Everything else I forgot
chaney
Stalker

Post by chaney »

Origen, I have played it constantly and have not run into any of the other monsters listed. I remember maze dwellers and xorns in the other BT's. I am thinking that they put them in the code, but decided not to use them in the scripts.
Bring on the Dancing Horses!
jy_blaste
War Monger

Post by jy_blaste »

Origen, I like item #10 on your list of things to do. I should add one of those to my list of things to do at work and home. :)
origen
Dark Sidhe Lord

Post by origen »

Well, 690 items later, and I think I am ready to put the items list aside for now and move forward. I have drastically changed the Orkney economy, that's for sure, but I am hoping for the better. I willplan to start to work on the Wilderness demo this weekend, so hopefully it goes nicely. As far as the monster encounters, thanks for the help. I am playing as well, so maybe I will have the encounter.
jy_blaste
War Monger

Post by jy_blaste »

what kind of party does an origen pick if an origen could pick a party?
(say that 690 times fast)
origen
Dark Sidhe Lord

Post by origen »

Just a quick update: I did nothing today. :)

I considered working on the Wilderness teaser, but thinking about how much work would be involved (I would have to change every script from DW that leads to the wilderness), I said screw it and played Bard's Tale.

Perhaps not the most inspirational update, but what can you do. I am actually going to do a quick search to identify some of the scripts that need to be modified before I finish for the night, so I guess that is something.
Growler
Necrolord

Post by Growler »

Nothing! ??? :shock:

Ok, fellas--time to tie Origen to his dev-chair & not let him play Any more BT 'til he completes...the teaser Quester??

Hooz with me?? :P :twisted: :P
No Contraries : No Progression.
Opposition is true friendship, unless one is opposed to true friendship or (try) Resisting here http://www.cafepress.com/notheresistor
origen
Dark Sidhe Lord

Post by origen »

Okay, I have no desire to be tied up by Growler. :?

I went through the scripts, and there is only 5, which isn't bad. The part I didn't like about having to go through them is that while I tried not to read many of the scripts, a lof of things did jump out at me, and since I never finished DW, I was hoping not to see them yet. But that is assuming at one point I will finish.

Anyway, the 5 scripts there were easy to update. I already know the cfg files that are necessary, so all I need to do is compile the scripts I added, and update them to keep you from going anywhere (just yet).

I also need to find out which picture files I added as well. Not too bad, really.
chaney
Stalker

Post by chaney »

You never finished DW! Why?
Bring on the Dancing Horses!