Tales of the NortH

Discussion forum for Devil Whiskey 3rd Party MODS.

Moderator: Admin

KSS
Black Claw

Tales of the NortH

Post by KSS »

I've finally started playing TotN: very nice so far, but I've noted a few bugs.

In the Western Castle level 2, you're stuck in a wall if you decline to take the tower stairs up.

The Ardent Blade shares the same typeID as the Blackmetal Sword (which caused my nice Ardent Blade to be replaced with a very cheap BM sword when reloading a save game...)

I've fixed these 2; if I run into other bugs, I'll fix them as I go and update the MegaMod+ when I've completed TotN.
Drinks, for it bes mine sap.
Eats, for it bes mine fruitsie.
Don't havers toucherings, for it bes mine asses.

Gospel of the Woodsie Lord
Rickstavern
Black Claw

Post by Rickstavern »

I have some fixes ready, but I have just purchased a new PC and have not yet been able to complete my changes for the megamod.

I have some item changes ready. The blackmetal items are a small step up from perfect items, but the longsword is bugged. This is corrected in my build and I have also standardized the recipies for these items. I have also improved the scripting which provides hints for making blackmetal items.

I just need to get python working again and I will be able to complete my testing. I expect to be done late today or early tomorrow if you wish to hold off on any further playing.
KSS
Black Claw

Post by KSS »

Right-o. I had noticed the BM longsword was uninteresting (hence the "cheap"); the upgraded Ardent Blade, on the other hand...

So don't forget to correct the typeID problem.

Another thing: I've discovered that using "setTag(e, "lFlagU", 0xFFFFFFFF)" for one-time events sometimes causes problems (such as: the event still occurs until you restore a saved game, or the wilderness map is reset (it happened to me when exiting the Oracle caves, and I saw someone else mention this on the forum)). Using small values works fine.

Rickstavern
Black Claw

Post by Rickstavern »

KSS wrote: Another thing: I've discovered that using "setTag(e, "lFlagU", 0xFFFFFFFF)" for one-time events sometimes causes problems (such as: the event still occurs until you restore a saved game, or the wilderness map is reset (it happened to me when exiting the Oracle caves, and I saw someone else mention this on the forum)). Using small values works fine.
I have never seen this bug, but others have mentioned it. I made a quick pass and changed several uses of 0xFFFFFFFF to a value of 1.

I have a link to the new build in the 'Updated Megamod' thread.
KSS
Black Claw

Post by KSS »

I too changed my flag values after discovering this.

Nice about the MegaMod; I'll dl it right now.

KSS
Black Claw

Post by KSS »

Ok, I've progressed in TotN; some scripts in the Keep level 2 were buggy (fights 7, 8, 9, 10): I fixed them (I'll post a link to the fixed scripts when I've finished playing the mod)

I'm currently mapping the plane of fire: the fights return a fail state even after winning them, so you might want to fix that; the fail location for fight1 seems to be wrong too (or was it intentional ?).

update: fixed some incorrect flags in plane of water fight scripts; furthermore, those too return a fail state after winning. Do you want me to fix this ?

KSS
Black Claw

Post by KSS »

Ok. I've completed TotN (at least I think so) and have fixed a bunch of scripts. Here is a link so you can update the MegaMod.

One question though: I've been unable to find the "note - strange request" that tells about the instrument recipe. I've looked at the scripts and found no mention of it. Can you remember where it's supposed to be?

Bye

KSS

Rickstavern
Black Claw

Post by Rickstavern »

I'll add the fixes to the megamod and upload the new version soon.

I never really finished TotN. I lost interest when I found myself without any support from the Devil Whiskey developers. Instead I moved on to try and fix the beta patch that they released and also created the first megamod. But TotN was not included in that megamod release. After I was chastised a few times for this oversight I went ahead and included it in a later release. The only work I completed since was to get the plot scripts working.

So, go ahead and fix it if you find any bugs.
chaney
Stalker

Post by chaney »

Chastised-who would have done that. :wink: :D
Bring on the Dancing Horses!
KSS
Black Claw

Post by KSS »

Right-o. When I feel like it, I'll add an event to provide the recipe, or add the item to one of the existing fights or chests. I think I spotted another unused item: the Saurian ceremonial drape (with typo included :) ); I'll deal with that as well.

Speaking of typos, there are a bunch of them in DW (Arcanium, items desc, scripts). I intend to go through them when I've got the time...

Rickstavern
Black Claw

Post by Rickstavern »

I added a quick script for the note. No test was conducted, but it'll give you an idea where it should be. I cannot remember what was intended for the drape, but if I were to do something now I would place it in the keep. I think that an event in the dungeon would be best.

Devil Whiskey has changed a great deal from the original release thanks to everyone here on the forum. I hope that I can find time for a new game.
chaney
Stalker

Post by chaney »

You are a major part of the reason. Even without the fun mods, the work you have done on script bugs has really increased the fun of the game.
chaney
Stalker

Post by chaney »

Well, I just went through it again. If totn isn't as big as the game, it has to be close. This is still my favorite mod.
chaney
Stalker

Post by chaney »

Anymore, I replay the game just to build up my characters, so they can survive totn. The ending hints at a sequel.....any such creation in store?