Any new mods in the work

Discussion forum for Devil Whiskey 3rd Party MODS.

Moderator: Admin

chaney
Stalker

Any new mods in the work

Post by chaney »

Hey Rickstavern, Origne, Dragonbait, and KSS-anything even in the works?
Bring on the Dancing Horses!
dragonbait
Stalker

Post by dragonbait »

Hi Chaney,

I will say that I am actively messing around with the Devil Whiskey and its modifiable options again after an extensive absence. I have some new ideas that I have planned but don't wait around for me as I promise nothing yet. I've been re-reading the various posts from RT and Origen and others as this stuff doesn't stick with you unless you keep at it unfortunately, but I'll be back in the swing of things soon. I was thinking of doing a tutorial of some sorts whereas I post what I do as I do it and assemble a small mod together step by step. I also have plans to fix up the monsters.txt file and add in a monster or two as well. So far I've put together some basic (but nice) original textures according to the 256x256 wall size. Once I get a map/dungeon layout put together I'll start a new thread in the modding forum.

As for Origen, or RT, I haven't seen them around here in a while.

KSS is still around.

Plus I've been feeding the ever present Growler with RPG thoughts, suggestions and feedback for his Chipmunk frenzied dungeon crawler.
8)
chaney
Stalker

Post by chaney »

I won't hold you to it, but it sounds like a definite maybe. :)
The blow by blow mod as you do it sounds great, but won't that give away the mod before it is even played?
Bring on the Dancing Horses!
dragonbait
Stalker

Post by dragonbait »

Perhaps but not necessarily. I plan to go through each part of the process, walls, cells, scripts, monsters, items, but not necessarily post every script. If I try to put everything into one thread, maybe others will be enthused enough to try it out for themselves. 8)
Growler
Necrolord

Post by Growler »

Rock on, Dragon!

Hope ye & others will port yer groovin'mods over to me chip-monkey fest when it's ready ;)
No Contraries : No Progression.
Opposition is true friendship, unless one is opposed to true friendship or (try) Resisting here http://www.cafepress.com/notheresistor