MODDING Step by Step Tutorial

Discussion forum for Devil Whiskey 3rd Party MODS.

Moderator: Admin

jykler
Site Admin

partial answer

Post by jykler »

chaney wrote:Well,
If your question is about spellcaster positioning, then definitely the rear. If you had another unanswered question, I didn't see it.
Yea that was part of the question, but how many are in the front and how many are in the back?
-Jykler
dragonbait
Stalker

Post by dragonbait »

The first 3 or 4 should be your fighter types as they will take most of the melee combat damage, then have your bard/rogue types next as they will be able to use ranged weapons and/or use bard songs or do other roguish things, then your magic users in the far back to fling off spells.
chaney
Stalker

Post by chaney »

As an FYI, your mages can use bows if your st isn't extremely weak, so they can attack as well (not sure how much you have forgotten).
Bring on the Dancing Horses!
jykler
Site Admin

How many lines of people?

Post by jykler »

So there's more than 2 lines? Or are they just in a row one behind each other?
-Jykler
Growler
Necrolord

Post by Growler »

As I recall, only the first 4 can get hit directly (by non-ranged attacks), but seems pretty much anyone stood roughly equal chance of getting smacked with ranged attacks or spells, tho perhaps those in front were hit more often.

Seems like it's set up as tho in 2 lines, where only the first 4 can engage in direct melee attacks, while anyone can execute ranged attacks.

If yer in the back row, please don't cause a row
by shooting yer tanks in the back. :oops:
No Contraries : No Progression.
Opposition is true friendship, unless one is opposed to true friendship or (try) Resisting here http://www.cafepress.com/notheresistor
jykler
Site Admin

Heading out!

Post by jykler »

ok then! here we go!
-Jykler
Growler
Necrolord

Post by Growler »

how's it going (back in the fray)? :P
Opposition is true friendship, unless one is opposed to true friendship or (try) Resisting here http://www.cafepress.com/notheresistor
jykler
Site Admin

going

Post by jykler »

Well I have survived but haven't had time to get back into the game since then. sigh, getting old and being with family sure does mess with your gaming time. Plus I have to sleep so many freakin hours so I can be awake during the work day that I have no extra time. It's like go to work come home eat dinner go to sleep. GRRR (oh that's a growler sound isn't it?)
-Jykler
Growler
Necrolord

Post by Growler »

Hey, it's GRRRReat sound! 8)

Sux when insufficient play time.. but hey--you could hire a Growler to char-build for ya ;) Let's see, normally it's 30 clams (raw, steamed, whatev's) per char per lev, but for You.. 22.5 clams.

Uh, sorry to get soooooo fur off thread-trak, Dragon.. :oops:
Blame the Chaney. :D
chaney
Stalker

Post by chaney »

Has the fresh meat on the forums inspired you to finish this new mod?
jykler
Site Admin

Inspiration

Post by jykler »

chaney wrote:Has the fresh meat on the forums inspired you to finish this new mod?
Oh I really doubt it. :) You guys still alive out there??? I started playing Diablo III but have ran out of free time to do that even.. :) driving an hour each way to work really sucks your time to nothing.
-Jykler
chaney
Stalker

Post by chaney »

Long time no hear. The ? was to Bri though.