New Bard Songs??

Discussion forum for Devil Whiskey 3rd Party MODS.

Moderator: Admin

dragonbait
Stalker

New Bard Songs??

Post by dragonbait »

I noticed that there seem to be new Bard Songs that one can learn at the Bard Guild.

Namely
Weapons Enchantment
and
Charm Party

When I play Weapons Enchantment it says Sammy chants the Weapons Enhancement unto the party resonating 3 champions (I had only 3 members in my party at the time). The song doesn't play any music but I assume it works? Just not sure exactly what it did.

The other song however (Charm Party) gave me a CTD. Perhaps cause I used it while not in battle. Does anyone know more about these 2 songs?
chaney
Stalker

Post by chaney »

To tell you the truth, I stopped using all of the bard songs except for Ditts.

I seem to remember that Charm party and weapons enchant are 2 of the "abilities" of higher level bards.
Bring on the Dancing Horses!
dragonbait
Stalker

Post by dragonbait »

Yes, after reading the manual again they are indeed bard skills. & Diits while in combat is great. Not really of use when not in combat though.

One thing that is frustrating is the Walking song (non-combat) isn't very effective at staving off random encounters. It seems whenever I try using it in the dungeon, I can walk only a couple of spaces and then the bard stops playing music and I immediately get attacked by monsters. Has this happened to you also? However the Walking song (during-combat) does allow the party to flee, so at least that is working OK.

One thing I hadn't really noticed before is that some songs require that they be played by certain instruments. I have a tendency to just keep the bagpipes equipped until something magical comes along. The Walking song does indicate that it can be played on the pipes so I'm not sure why the bard song isn't working well. Perhaps only the Elonian pipes or other such instrument and not bagpipes?

Well my arcanist has Mind Vortex now anyways so, no fear here now.
Growler
Necrolord

Post by Growler »

Mebe yer Bard needs a drink! ..or three! 8)

Did very little with a Bard, so not much to go on other than the game-book. Would be interesting to know if certain instruments allow for longer song-play?
No Contraries : No Progression.
Opposition is true friendship, unless one is opposed to true friendship or (try) Resisting here http://www.cafepress.com/notheresistor