Scripts that only trigger during certain hours?

Discussion forum for Devil Whiskey 3rd Party MODS.

Moderator: Admin

dragonbait
Stalker

Scripts that only trigger during certain hours?

Post by dragonbait »

Does anyone know of any plot scripts that are only triggered during certain hours? or during only day / only night?

I immediately thought of the shops and taverns but the scripts "hughtersowl" and "imperialweapons" for example only relate to the Cloak of the True Hero quest trigger, and receiving a note from the street urchin boy etc. so I'm guessing that the time triggers were hardcoded + not available by way of python script.

Does anyone remember offhand any time related plot? Maybe even from Origen's BT mod or others?
:?:
chaney
Stalker

Post by chaney »

Would the opening at 6am, or closing at midnight of the temples, or the training halls at a set time count? In Rick's Tales of the North, there was the one dungeon that could only be entered at night. That is all that I can remember. Not sure if any of that is helpful though.
Bring on the Dancing Horses!
Growler
Necrolord

Post by Growler »

Can't think of any that are mod-like scripts.. the ones Chaney mentions seem to be hardcoded..so maybe some internal/hard-code scripts.

Would be a great mod-script feature!
Lots of things a mod could tie in to time..
No Contraries : No Progression.
Opposition is true friendship, unless one is opposed to true friendship or (try) Resisting here http://www.cafepress.com/notheresistor
dragonbait
Stalker

Post by dragonbait »

Thanks Chaney! I found RT's timed entrance script.

Code: Select all

#Hedgemaze entrance (down)
from eventAPI import *
from APIUtils import *

def fireEvent(e):
   if &#40;&#40;gameTimeHour&#40;getGameTime&#40;e&#41;&#41; >= 19&#41; or &#40;gameTimeHour&#40;getGameTime&#40;e&#41;&#41; <= 6&#41;&#41;&#58;

showPicture&#40;e,"Outside_Night"&#41;

else&#58;

showPicture&#40;e, "Outside"&#41;

if &#40;poseYesNo&#40;e,
 &#91;"You see the entrance to the hedge maze.", "", "Do you enter?"&#93;&#41;&#41;&#58;
      setExit&#40;e, "maps/rthedgemaze.cfg", 26, 3, 0&#41;
      return 0
He has it set to activate between the hours of 7pm and 6am. If we copy + paste this into a new script and modify it a bit, we can have events happen at whatever time we want.
8)
origen
Dark Sidhe Lord

Post by origen »

It is probable not worth it anymore, but I believe I did have a time of day script with the "pass the light at night" riddle in the Bards Tale mod. I also did some time of day scripting with the random and the house encounters in my modding, but I don't remember if it was ever released or not. The city gates entrance/exit is also scripted with time of day, which only affects which picture is shown.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
chaney
Stalker

Post by chaney »

DB, does this mean that you are putting a timed script in the mod you are doing? How goes it?
Bring on the Dancing Horses!
dragonbait
Stalker

Post by dragonbait »

Hi, yes I have a timed script in my mod. Sadly though, I haven't done much with the mod, and what I have done, I want to change to make better. Additionally, I do want to release an update with the complete monster file I put together from Jykler's official monsters.txt file + all other versions of the monsters.txt file + a few new monsters. Then with new pics, new items, new monsters, new walls, etc. what I want to make ends up being allot more work than I have had the time to piece together. I hate saying that its not yet ready, but that is where it stands at the moment. :cry: