Map Editor?

Discussion forum for Devil Whiskey 3rd Party MODS.

Moderator: Admin

GeorgiaBoy
Townie

Map Editor?

Post by GeorgiaBoy »

Good Evening,

I am taking a break from Diablo II modding and wanted to mod DW, especially maps. Upon reading the tutorial, it appears making maps is not the easiest. Is there a map editor available or in the works?

Thanks!

GB
origen
Dark Sidhe Lord

Post by origen »

There isn't a GUI to make map editing easier, it is all text based. However, it isn't too hard once you get the hang of it. I would recommend following along on some of the tutorials here. Dragonbait did a great job putting that together. Give it a shot, and post any questions you have.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
GeorgiaBoy
Townie

Post by GeorgiaBoy »

Wow! Origen, the BT Mod maker! That's what I would like to mod. How goes the BT Destiny Knight Mod going?

Thanks!

GB
dragonbait
Stalker

Post by dragonbait »

Welcome to the forums GeorgiaBoy.

Like Origen said, its not too hard once you get the hang of things. Its mainly time consuming more than anything.

I recommend getting some graphing paper and plan out your dungeon on paper first (it helps out allot), then read through some of the tutorials here on the forums. Let us know how things progress. 8)
Growler
Necrolord

Post by Growler »

How hard would it be (for a programmer) to code a GUI-based map editor?

Seems a simple one--which would trade off flexibility--shouldn't be too difficult, right? Btw, have heard from a DW-connected code-expert that Java should be good for such..making a GUI-based editor, that is.
No Contraries : No Progression.
Opposition is true friendship, unless one is opposed to true friendship or (try) Resisting here http://www.cafepress.com/notheresistor
jykler
Site Admin

programmer

Post by jykler »

I would have to see how the text based editor works.. not sure I would know where to start, but if someone started it, I can probably pick it up.
-Jykler
GeorgiaBoy
Townie

Post by GeorgiaBoy »

A GUI map editor would be great!

GB