Canceling a quest?

Discussion forum for Devil Whiskey 3rd Party MODS.

Moderator: Admin

dorkter
Townie

Canceling a quest?

Post by dorkter »

I started the defend Rennibister quest at a very low level (most characters at 2, AC for my front liners around -8, and my magicians around 7), and I'm having some serious trouble finishing it since I can't level up any of my characters other than my paladin.

Is there any way to cancel the quest without finishing it, or should I just start a new game and be more careful?
origen
Dark Sidhe Lord

Post by origen »

I don't think the quest should interfere with your leveling. Why can't you level?

There is no way to cancel an already started quest, but you shouldn't need to start over. You should be able to just keep playing other quests and leveling, and then just tackle it when you are more seasoned if you are having difficulties.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
dorkter
Townie

Post by dorkter »

The only trainer that I can get to is the temple.

I could endlessly level my paladin, or a monk if I had one, but none of the other characters can get to a trainer.

Unless maybe the trainers were moved somewhere, I haven't tried every single door I can access.
chaney
Stalker

Post by chaney »

They train in different areas, but all of the areas are near the temple, with the exception of an additional place the bard can level up.
Bring on the Dancing Horses!
dorkter
Townie

Post by dorkter »

Is it possible to edit a mod that your game is currently already in?

I could just re-enable the trainers and maybe a merchant or two. I know it's kind of against the spirit of the mod, but I wouldn't have saved after starting the mod if I knew the trainers got locked until you finished. I kind of feel like that should be a warning somewhere.
chaney
Stalker

Post by chaney »

The defend rennibister quest isn't very long. You could tough it out, or start a fresh party and hold off before starting that quest.
Bring on the Dancing Horses!
Walker Boh
Orker

Post by Walker Boh »

The stores are not open. The Travellers' Inn is not open.

I tried Defend Rennbister with a brand new party. IMPOSSIBLE! Half the party is dead. With the amount of time I've spent on this already, I could have had characters at levels 6 and 8 now. This quest sucks for new party. One should not even attempt it until you have level 4 characters.
Mikey
Growler
Necrolord

Post by Growler »

Hmm... do you guys read the mod's 'readme' files?? :?

Think RicksTavern (Defend Ren's mod-author) indicated yer crew should be of a certain level.. and yeah--he wrote it to block off most options--in the spirit of the mod, the clock is Ticking! :o so no time to go buy stuff or level-up.. if you do, then think you'll end up getting creamed/over-run.

ok.. the associated readme file is named:
readme - Defend Rennibister.txt

he does say it's for a low-level party, but don't think he meant a brand new party..but rather an average level of say 6~12 for a good-sized party of perhaps 5~8 chars. If you're gonna try it with a smaller party, then prolly need higher level chars.. it's actually a very fun & dynamic--if short--mod. :)
No Contraries : No Progression.
Opposition is true friendship, unless one is opposed to true friendship or (try) Resisting here http://www.cafepress.com/notheresistor