Questions & Tributes re: Origen's BT1 Mod

Discussion forum for Devil Whiskey 3rd Party MODS.

Moderator: Admin

Growler
Necrolord

Questions & Tributes re: Origen's BT1 Mod

Post by Growler »

***semi-SPOILER alert***

Any advice on how to get back down from level 3 of Harkyn's Castle?

After the Big Berserker Battle, my crew's in poor shape & Really needs to get back down to town to freshen up, let their hair down, & level up!

Only problem is: the downStairs appear to have disappeared!

:?

Anyone else notice some odd things about how spells work against gargantuan groups?
There appear to be some hard limits re: how many monsters are affected (exact same # each time for each particular spell--but the # affected does drop in stages as the total # of monsters are reduced) as well as the amount of total damage sustained by those affected (with small variation); also, roughly the same # of mons are killed from the 1st time spell is cast, round after round after round!

Couldn't believe it when even after ~12 rounds of casting LIBR, ARWI, & FIBL against those dang Berserkers, that they didn't start droppin' like flies after just a few rounds!??! (took ~20 rounds with each round killing about the same #, that is, ~10/round)

Seems to be something kinda odd about how damage & lethality are accessed--at least for super-large groups. Either that or there's a Super-Wide range for a Berserker's Hit Points! Like anywhere from 50 to 5,000!

Seemed like ARWI was the most efficient damage spell 'gainst all those Berserkers...only 4 spell pt cost & consistently affected 120 Bers for ~23 pts avg damage to each of the 120. Right at the bottom end for how ARWI's supposed to work! :evil: (for a level 24 Aero/Pyro)

interesting note re: damage Rec'd from all those crazy Berserkers:
of my 4 front tanks Only 1 guy got hit! My Dwarf Warrior who of course had the highest/worst AC class (-12); the other guys who, with STWA in effect, had AC -18 or lower--Never got hit once!! But my poor Dwarf had to be fully healed twice along the way--else he would've bit it & missed out on the rather paltry exp pts...at least, due to his high 19 CN stat, he did have the most hit pts, so that helped.
Btw, up until the last few rounds, I had my tanks all (D)efend to help lower their AC a bit more. In retrospect, prolly didn't matter--either way! Even if they'd all attacked each round, doubt they would've knocked out more than 1 Ber every 2 rounds or so.. :|
No Contraries : No Progression.
Opposition is true friendship, unless one is opposed to true friendship or (try) Resisting here http://www.cafepress.com/notheresistor
origen
Dark Sidhe Lord

Post by origen »

I don't remember if the stairs "dissappeared", although I do not think they were supposed to. But don't worry. After the battle with the berserkers, there is only 1 more main battle before you get to leave the castle.

However, I will advise you to be careful of any locked gates in town. :twisted:
Growler
Necrolord

Post by Growler »

origen wrote:..However, I will advise you to be careful of any locked gates in town. :twisted:
:?
Will they spit poison & kill my Rogue if she tries to pick those crazy gates??

Is it possible to create/craft items in your BT mod?

Think I've been all around town ('cept for whatever's behind locked gates), but haven't found a Landru's-style crafty shop...also, where'd you stash the Champion Stones!?
Opposition is true friendship, unless one is opposed to true friendship or (try) Resisting here http://www.cafepress.com/notheresistor
origen
Dark Sidhe Lord

Post by origen »

There's no crafting in Bard's Tale!!!

But I am going to include it in BT2.
Growler
Necrolord

Post by Growler »

origen wrote:I am SOOO Sorry, but there's no crafting in Bard's Tale..:oops:
But, to atone, I am going to include it in BT2.
When you say BT2...do you mean your remake of your BT1 mod, or are ye gonna make a Bard's Tale II (ie, Destiny Knight) mod? :P