Realm Quest Book 2 Update.

Post any topic here, DW related or not.

Moderator: Admin

craedus stonebeard
Orker

Post by craedus stonebeard »

Glad you liked the stories. I was wondering if anyone was reading them when I didn't see any posts in this thread about them. Anyway, I am currently working on the re-writes for 2 and 3.

Here's another question for you: Would you like me to concentrate on finishing the re-write for Book 2 (which would take a month or 2) or should I pull together the rough draft of book 4 for you (which would take a week or 2).

Let me know what direction you want me to go and I'll get working on it.
Craedus: "I crave glorious battle."
Moonstar: "You always want battle."
Craedus: "Of course, I am a dwarf."
-------------------------------------------------------
(from Realm Quest Endless Adventure - Demon Seed Book 3)
Growler
Necrolord

Post by Growler »

Craedus, I'm looking forward to reading 'em soon--just been crazy-busy lately + I'm a very slow reader (that's what English-major-ship does to ya!). So I will read/comment soon as possible.

Otherwise, it seems the DW forum has been very slow past few months, so very few may be 'around' to see it yet. Hopefully things will liven up & then there'll be more folks around to see your books. :)

Be cool if the DW admin could highlight it somehow?? :wink:

Also might help if ya had a graphic (map, char-pics, etc) we could insert here; I'll be glad to provide the host-link for any...so send any pics/graphics along & we'll pop 'em up here.. ye olde 'rusty map worth ah 1000 werds' eh?
No Contraries : No Progression.
Opposition is true friendship, unless one is opposed to true friendship or (try) Resisting here http://www.cafepress.com/notheresistor
Growler
Necrolord

Post by Growler »

One other thought:

Mebe you could break the books down into Chapters (pdf's or just text files ok), then we could post 'em up individually--bite-sized chunks for those interested but lacking time to wrestle with a whole book..?

Think Dickens did that (weekly? serialized novels) to excellent effect way back in the stoneage.. :wink:

Once they get a taste... :P

You might even post a paragraph or 2 right here...a little teaser-sampler? (then I could post up a webpage with even more...direct link to extra text--especially for anyone who has trouble dealing with PDF's..

btw, feel free to provide links to your work at my site from anywhere else..
Opposition is true friendship, unless one is opposed to true friendship or (try) Resisting here http://www.cafepress.com/notheresistor
craedus stonebeard
Orker

Growler,

It's funny that you suggest posting 1 chapter at a time. That's exactly how RQ got started in the first place...as an online serial story. So many people asked me to bundle them up into a "book." Now it looks like the wheel has turned full circle and we are back to "segments." I'll get the chapters for book 4 ready for you (as chapters and a whole book) and I'll send them too you.

Craedus
Ziusudra
Black Claw

Great stories!

Post by Ziusudra »

Craedus,

I'm slow gettin' started...but hey, I'm a reptile, y'know. Anyway, I "fell away" from the forums (fora?) for a while an' it was a Direct Post from Growler what invited me back to look at "not the resistor" and your stories. I'm at page 59 (after 24 hours) of your first one--you tell a good story! Good characters! I like a bard who can't sing--sort of like me tryin' to teach. :shock:

Anyway, I'll keep readin'. Whatever ye post, I'm lookin' forward (and backward, in case the Shadow Daggers are aboot).
Nuwa wadar-ma ekkatani. Nuwa sinda-on ezzatani.
Ziusudra
Black Claw

This gets better as I goes along

Post by Ziusudra »

Nice cliff-hanger at the end of book one! You had me readin' way past my bed-time again, to know what happened in the "Stonehenge" sort of place they went to.

Thanks for givin' Slink a lady thief. He was kinda gettin' on my nerves by then end of book one--not that that's bad, exactly. He's a pretty consistent character--it's just that he's a little less consistently a jerk when he's worried about the woman he couldn't quite kill... :lol:

Now I've gotta find out "who's Zem guys, anyway?"
craedus stonebeard
Orker

Ok, so I am waaaaaay behind on getting book 4 out to you guys. Well, I am only a day or two away from PDFing Book 4 (better late than never). My plans are to write another chapter each week and send it out via email. That being said, I'd like to create a mailing list. If you'd like to receive chapter sof the story through your email account, you can post your email here or send it to me at [email protected] and I'll add you to the mailing list.

Thanks in advance for your support of my story!
Growler
Necrolord

Post by Growler »

That sounds like a good plan.. then the entire mailing list o' folks can deluge ya with messaages re: where in hades be the next chtr?!? :twisted:

I'll post/host your Book 4 pdf if ya like.
Ziusudra
Black Claw

Post by Ziusudra »

Craedus,

Sure, sign me up! I'd like to spend more time with Moonstar, Raven, Elyanah, and Durenda. :oops: Oh yeah, the other guys are pretty cool, too.

Please send me the pdfs at [email protected].
craedus stonebeard
Orker

Everyone,

Chapter #85 should be out in a few days, but in the meantime rough drafts for all chapter 1-84 (and all the ones for Book 4, 56-84) have been posted here:

http://www.realmquest.com/chapters.html

I will have all the re-writes up there in a few days so anyone that hasn't read the first 35 chapters or so might want to wait for them. Otherwise enjoy the new chapters.

I will still send new chapters through email AND post them so you'll have to places to get them.
Growler
Necrolord

Post by Growler »

Very nice... now about those (graphical) maps.. :wink:
craedus stonebeard
Orker

Those are on my list of things to post :)

They will be linked under the "extra" section when done.

Thanks for the reminder :D
craedus stonebeard
Orker

Ok the rewrite chapters are up. The "extras" should be posted by tomorrow afternoon. There are slightly out of date but I plan to get newer versions up after #85 is released.
Ziusudra
Black Claw

New stuff

Post by Ziusudra »

I'm enjoying all the new things you're posting, like the Rogues' Gallery and the bestiary.

Looking forward to more, too!
craedus stonebeard
Orker

Chapter #85 has been sent out to anyone on the mailing list.

I am finishing up chapter #86 and then I will get to updating the "extra" files. I believe most of them are only updated to chapter #21.

Would anyone be interested in a RQ forum? If there is interest I'll try and get somethign set up!