50%
Don't know / couldn't care
50%

Total votes: 4

The Wombat
War Monger

Ranks?

Post by The Wombat »

At the risk of starting an arguement, anyone know what all the rank names are and how many posts to get there? Or at least, what there used to be on the old board?

In fact, lets have our first Pointless Poll (tm).

If a forum could show only a post count OR a rank, which would you prefer? Which is more usefull? which is more open to abuse?

All answers on the back of a brick, please.
"What kind of person WRITES a maniacal laugh?" -- Maskerade.
origen
Dark Sidhe Lord

Post by origen »

I'll be the first to start. I honestly couldn't care, as long as my post count or rank is higher than everyone else.

And from what I remember,

Townie, Crueman, Orc, Red Dragon, Naga

Perhaps Thief was in there, I don't remember. And I don't remeber the order after that. I would think it is unlikely to change, since there are only so many monsters in the game, and most of them you wouldn't really want to be.
Domhnall4h
Gnomicron

Post by Domhnall4h »

I remember Stone Cleric as well, I think it was after Naga. Been a while.

I honestly couldn't care less about it. I'm not a post whore like some of the posters around here :twisted:
http://grimmgames.freeforums.org/index.php

San Angelo... What do you know? Now tell me do you have something to say? Don't get me wrong, I miss my home, and it feels like I'm a million miles away.
HGamer
War Monger

Post by HGamer »

"post whore"? you mean take posts in return for sexual favors? or vice versa? where do I sign up? :wink:

number of posts and rank just happen if you have something worthwhile to say. or are addicted to the Submit button. People that post a lot, you remember who they are and their personality starts to accumulate.
1 point 21 jigawatts!
Domhnall4h
Gnomicron

Post by Domhnall4h »

I think you'll have to ask Origen about where to sign up. That or Capcom, their good at whoring things out.
http://grimmgames.freeforums.org/index.php

San Angelo... What do you know? Now tell me do you have something to say? Don't get me wrong, I miss my home, and it feels like I'm a million miles away.
Growler
Necrolord

Post by Growler »

You guys ain't yappin'bout Postal Hoards again are ye??

I kinda like both rank & post counts...then, when you're close to a rank-change you can...you know. Or, if you've got a ways to go, then you can..you know. RPG's all about increasing rank/stats, so stands to reason an RPG forum would make much of such.

Didn't the old forum bump ranks every 50 posts--very swiss clock-like??

Now it looks to be 25...well, at least for the 1st bump-up.

Anyone wanna lay odds that rank-bump requirements will now grow exponentially? If so, we'll never gain the highest lev rank & thus spells (with power to delele other's posts & change their Avatar pics to hyper-busty grrls!).

Bottom line: I should've divvied up this 1 post into 6! (yes, that's six-factorial :wink: )
No Contraries : No Progression.
Opposition is true friendship, unless one is opposed to true friendship or (try) Resisting here http://www.cafepress.com/notheresistor
origen
Dark Sidhe Lord

Post by origen »

The first rank on the old boards was either 15 or 25. I thought it was 15, but I could have been mistaken. After another 25 (50 posts total, you reached the next rank. And every 50 after that, you went up again. Considering how easy it was on the old boards to shatter their ranking system (at least for me, anyway) there is the possibility that they increased the requirements as you get higher.
Growler
Necrolord

Post by Growler »

Origen, I think yer re-breather thingie is depraving yer brain-stem of the big O. Pretty sure by the time I came along (on the old board) it was a steady 50-posts per rankup. Well, at least until the Origenic-stratosphere where the League of Nirulat evened out. But I could be totally wrong in this mission-crit consideration.
Opposition is true friendship, unless one is opposed to true friendship or (try) Resisting here http://www.cafepress.com/notheresistor
origen
Dark Sidhe Lord

Post by origen »

It was, except for the first ranking changes. You probably just don't remember anything prior to Ms. Addr's arrival.
Growler
Necrolord

Post by Growler »

That's def a possiblity...which reminds me...someone should start a new Thread entitled, "Come back, Ms. Adder--it's safe now...Really...just a little closer..."
Blkadr
Orker

Post by Blkadr »

I wanted to vote for both post count AND rank!! Never did pay attention to how many posts it took to change ranks... just got a little excited when a number ending with a 0 was coming up, just in case. :wink:
Growler
Necrolord

Post by Growler »

Blkadr wrote:..just got a little excited when a number ending with a 0 was coming up. :wink:
I think we all...get a little excited when the big O is coming up :? :o :D 8)

(apologies to all for referring to Origen as the 'Big O' ~ *shudders*)
The Wombat
War Monger

Post by The Wombat »

Well, he WAS the Origen-al !
"What kind of person WRITES a maniacal laugh?" -- Maskerade.
Olias
Nomad

Post by Olias »

Is this poll closed? I couldn't vote and have never been here before.
Growler
Necrolord

Post by Growler »

Welcome, Olias!*

May be that Wombat (as author) put a time-limit on the poll?

If so, then feel free to start a New Poll (sans time-limt up to 2099).. :P

*brought to you by the Select SubCommittee on Involuntary Committment Proceedings