The Wombat
War Monger

Post by The Wombat »

High Horse?

Hobby Horse?
Blkadr
Orker

Post by Blkadr »

I fell off a horse once with my cousin... I was laughing my arse off (I was on the bottom) and she was crying and screaming.... she made it sound like I was trying to kill her.... of course, that was 20 years ago.... he he
Domhnall4h
Gnomicron

Post by Domhnall4h »

Wimp. You probably tortured the poor thing with a saddle too. I should nail you for animal cruelty. Though I could probably do so what with you and Growler....
http://grimmgames.freeforums.org/index.php

San Angelo... What do you know? Now tell me do you have something to say? Don't get me wrong, I miss my home, and it feels like I'm a million miles away.
Growler
Necrolord

Post by Growler »

Hey...she has Yet to do any thing physically cruel to me (incl. any saddle-relatedness) :?

Dom, don't be hatin' ..or going all envy-green...don't you have that double-D to kick around (in the saddle, that is) :wink:
No Contraries : No Progression.
Opposition is true friendship, unless one is opposed to true friendship or (try) Resisting here http://www.cafepress.com/notheresistor
Bongwyre
Townie

The lost stables

Post by Bongwyre »

Heh, I remember in the original bards tale, (I still have the box somewhere.) for the Apple ][e/ Commodire 64, the map on the inside cover of the box said there was a stable. But there wasn't. No horses, it sucked. When you go the game for the amiga it said all the horses were killed.
Poor horses!
Stax
Nomad

Post by Stax »

Thats correct. Your in the Stables.
"all the horses have been killed"
Eaten more likely....

Stax
Bongwyre
Townie

Post by Bongwyre »

Not that having a horse in Bards Tale 1 would have really done anything. You might have been able to walk faster, perhaps they would have has less frequent wandering encounters... but overall it wouldn't have done much for the game. It was just the coolness factor alone.

Although I would have liked less wandering encounters in the city. I mean for experience points wandering encounters in the city sucked. Once I got powerful enough I just keeped fighting the 4 sets of 99 berzerkers over and over again.
origen
Dark Sidhe Lord

Post by origen »

The city encounters were good at the start, getting you ready for the wine cellars and sewers. I usually liked to get about 100 HP's before I entered the first dungeon.

But once you get to a certain level, they just become a nuisance.
Ziusudra
Black Claw

Meaner than a junkyard Orc...

Post by Ziusudra »

I've always figured sooner or later you're goin' to be the meanest-looking gang they've ever seen, and the encounters with three inbred-looking townies and a few sneaking Senrats will taper off a lot. That seems to happen more in DW than it did in BT. I got to where the 4 groups of 99 berserkers didn't survive the first round of fire (literally) from my magic-users, but I'd still be attacked by hobbits with penknives out in the streets.
Nuwa wadar-ma ekkatani. Nuwa sinda-on ezzatani.
Growler
Necrolord

Post by Growler »

Yeah, DW appears to employ a scheme whereby there's lots o' monsters initially for a particular 'map' but then they're drawn down by yer killing more & more of each type until they're down to some low respawn rate.

It'd be cool if after some period of time (say, 30 days?) if the monsters #'s would completely reset for locales you thought you'd cleared..

With their dextrous luck, those dang little Hobbits have managed on more than one occasion to quick-carve their initials in my hide with those irksome pen-knives! :evil: GRRR!!
Opposition is true friendship, unless one is opposed to true friendship or (try) Resisting here http://www.cafepress.com/notheresistor
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

PLEASE go here and cast your vote for the game...
http://www.avault.com/pcrl/demo_temp.as ... vilwhiskey

We need some help I think. The votes cast don't call for accountability, so maybe when I made my last date's boyfriend(oops) mad, he and a bunch of his blokes could have bum rushed any ratings sites. A likely story BUT....

The votes don't require someone to stand behind it and verbally support their judgement.

We don't expect to have all votes avg to 100, but certainly more is due ;)
Ziusudra
Black Claw

Monster census

Post by Ziusudra »

G-man,

For the first time (I think) I disagree (a little). I like the idea of the monster's numbers coming back, too--I just think I'd leave it a little slower. I mean--I assume Senrats breed like, well, rodents :oops: --but surely it takes a while for dragons to hatch all their eggs or whatever they do, let alone grow up. :?

I think it would be cool if some monsters came back faster than others.

Of course, there's always the "suicidal dragon" scenario of the Pen and What'sit story in the Library--where the old, creaky dragons find a good dragonslayer and seek to be put out of their misery.

Or is it that the Northlands are so infested with the scaley crowd that new dragons arrive to "carve out their happy little homes?" Then thirty days would make more sense.
Growler
Necrolord

Post by Growler »

Well, the luv-fest never lasts... :(

Then again, "Opposition is true friendship." :P
(might explain all my buds & I have black eyes & bloody noses :?)

Good idea to have the mons fully regen (as in, back to original highest #'s) at different rates...so perhaps vorpal bunnies make a complete comeback in 7 days, while dragons require 180 days.

Mebe the avg could be around 90 days since days do cycle thru pretty quickly in Rennyville..

Dwarves (espcially in battalions of 395+1) completely respawn overnight!
Ziusudra
Black Claw

He took his vorpal BUNNY in hand, long time the manxome...

Post by Ziusudra »

G-man,

Vorpal bunnies, eh? Either somethin' I've not met with yet (there's lot's of those) or an interesting visit from beyond the Looking-Glass.

But hey, all I talk is Jabberwocky most of the time.

I like the different rates ideas. Half a (game) year seems reasonable for all the chop sooey-sidal (they want to be made into a stir-fried meat and veggie American dish that pretends to be Chinese) dragons can move in by then, surely.

Of course the dwarves have to regen quick-like. I never minded that in BT with the berzerkers. I just figured some slimeball mage was teleportin' them in overnight.

And now, the next time we meet in Kelloran's and you smash a wine flask over my head, I'll take it as a complement. :D