DW under new management?

Post any topic here, DW related or not.

Moderator: Admin

douglas_b
Green Dragon

DW under new management?

Post by douglas_b »

Does this mean new content via updates (free?)? Via Expansion (for purchase of course) or sequel/prequel/etc (for purchase)? ....

or

Enirely new projects?

I can't wait to hear more!
"Have no way as way. Have no limitation as limitation."
Growler
Necrolord

Post by Growler »

Doug,
Didn't know what you were ref'ing to, so checked out DW's homepage at:
www.shifting-suns.com/devilwhiskey

& saw this update/info:

Change of the guard - 05/20/2006

Changing of the guard, new management and more. Olias, Greg Brady and others have duties elsewhere and will be leaving the group. They have agreed to help on a new project once it is launched.

Ongoing Support Issues: If your account sign up date is more than 2 years ago, you will need to renew. Just sign in and choose "Renewal Option". If your signup is less than 2 years old, just email Support with your username and order #.

Short & a bit cryptic, but hope this bodes well for future DW dev..
No Contraries : No Progression.
Opposition is true friendship, unless one is opposed to true friendship or (try) Resisting here http://www.cafepress.com/notheresistor
douglas_b
Green Dragon

Post by douglas_b »

I hope so too....

It seems like it has been forever since I have posted here.... I don't do it nearly enough.
Growler
Necrolord

Post by Growler »

Yeah, even Origen stopped competing for Supreme postal count.. :wink:

Downhill from there..

I don't understand why the devs (new team &/or old guard) aren't supporting the forums by posting info/updates & even chatter-banter here on a regular basis---unless 'regular' means 4x/year :?

And new folks don't seem to be getting adequate cust/tech support.. just have to hope a new team will bring some re-energized ..uh, energy--to the forums.
Opposition is true friendship, unless one is opposed to true friendship or (try) Resisting here http://www.cafepress.com/notheresistor
douglas_b
Green Dragon

Post by douglas_b »

Re-energized forums would be nice... I would love to feel like I have something to say and share it with a bunch of people who probably don't want to hear it... That is what is great with forums.

I wouldn't mind investing more money into a sequel/prequel/whatever-que if they decide to continue with this project.
origen
Dark Sidhe Lord

Post by origen »

I never posted for post count, just to spread my knowledge to the masses.

Hopefully, things will improve for modders, since I have pretty much lost all of my interest in doing any more mods.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
douglas_b
Green Dragon

Post by douglas_b »

I've always liked your knowledge... found it amusing... hehe..
Grodst
Townie

Post by Grodst »

Growler wrote:Yeah, even Origen stopped competing for Supreme postal count.. :wink:

Downhill from there..

I don't understand why the devs (new team &/or old guard) aren't supporting the forums by posting info/updates & even chatter-banter here on a regular basis---unless 'regular' means 4x/year :?

And new folks don't seem to be getting adequate cust/tech support.. just have to hope a new team will bring some re-energized ..uh, energy--to the forums.
That's what drove me away....went from being regular beta tester to useless for them. Whenever I'd run into a bug, they'd just reply with a stale "document it for us" or some stupid thing, and then do NOTHING about the issue. At least, nothing for my issue :(

I will be giving this place a new chance, but they'd best be more forthcoming to the forum community. It really can drive revenues up if they support the newbs' questions! Remember the dev, the one with the orc av? He made us all so happy, and talked MANY into sending in the cash! Sorry I can't remember his name after 20 months away ;p He was the greatest supporter of DW out there back in the day
Grouchy Old Timer Passes By
Growler
Necrolord

Post by Growler »

Slightly prior to my time (but I went back & read nearly all you elder's posts on the old/lost forum), but would that be Phil you're ref'ing to??

If so, he seemed to be very [inter]active way back & bet that Did help the devs get rev! If someone can't get the demo to work & then can't get tech/cust support, then doubt they're gonna wanna part with their clams for the fool ver.. :?

Btw, sorry to hear Origen losing interest in mod-making--he did an awesome job converting BTI to work as a DW-based mod.. & RicksTavern also created a cool teaser-mod.. -Origen, don't give up--mebe the new crew will provide better modder support & toolkit fixes/upgrades. And mebe Growler will ease up on posting 8)
Grodst
Townie

Post by Grodst »

Correct, of FuzzyOne! Phil it was. Sure hopes he is well and prosperous!

You have access to the old/lost forums? Hmmm that's a nice nostalgia piece :twisted:
Grouchy Old Timer Passes By
Growler
Necrolord

Post by Growler »

I corresponded a little bit with him over a year ago & he seemed to be doing both well & prosperous--& he said to tell Grodst, "Don't be stranger" or perhaps "Don't beat a stranger!" :?

Well, I did have access to them (old forums) via a circuitous packet-routing procedure, but allowed the methodology to lapse. Alas.

Basically, though, just read thru it all prior to posting. Yes, Growler was once...a lurker.
origen
Dark Sidhe Lord

Post by origen »

FyL was almost solely responsible for me beginning my modding. He answered all of my dumb newbie questions, and allowed me to grow into the modding god that I am, humbly speaking of course.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
Growler
Necrolord

Post by Growler »

ok, then...

3 Cheerios fer FyL !!!

[X]

hard 2 imagine the Wise & Omnimpotent Origen as a dum nuby??

:wink:
Domhnall4h
Gnomicron

Post by Domhnall4h »

There are people coming to these forums still? Last few times I posted, I was it for the weeks to come. So I just quit checking it, to the point that my new computer didn't even have me signed in when I went to post this!

New guard, or old, I'd still like to see a revival of sorts here. I actually managed to get my brother to play DW, which is hard to do, as he is one of those who prefers the latest and greatest. That speaks well for DW, but unless there's some semblance of life at the forums, and a level of support to keep the new guys around, DW, and Shifting suns, will fade away into the mists of gaming history.
http://grimmgames.freeforums.org/index.php

San Angelo... What do you know? Now tell me do you have something to say? Don't get me wrong, I miss my home, and it feels like I'm a million miles away.
dragonbait
Stalker

Post by dragonbait »

Yeah there's been some activity on the forums. Hopefully it will stay that way. The more people we have the more can spread the word and keep the Devil Whiskey alive. 8)