Currently active devil whiskey players?

Post any topic here, DW related or not.

Moderator: Admin

Growler
Necrolord

Post by Growler »

dragonbait wrote:..beware. Anger, fear, aggression. The dark side are they. Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny." -Yoda
Yup, jest ax Origen. :twisted:

(or Dommer!)
No Contraries : No Progression.
Opposition is true friendship, unless one is opposed to true friendship or (try) Resisting here http://www.cafepress.com/notheresistor
Meanwhile
Green Dragon

Post by Meanwhile »

"You underestimate the power of the dark side. If you will not fight, then you will meet your destiny." -Vader :twisted:
cutterjohn
Townie

Re: Currently active devil whiskey players?

Post by cutterjohn »

dragonbait wrote:Just wondered how many current Devil Whiskey players there are as of June 2006. It would be nice to hear from DW players especially new players and where they are in the game and their input on the game as a whole and what stage of the game they're at. I know allot of posts from DW come from growler and origen probably since the beginning but just wondered how many other people we have plaing the game? like to hear from ya. 8)
Hmmm... I finally got around to purchasing DW afew months back(see join date) and have managed to get my chars up a few levels. Playing in between Minions of Mirth(prairiegames.com, an MMORPG sort of like Everquest w/o a monthly fee from another small developer), Oblivion, Morrowind, occasional Demise, some wiz8, X2, NWN, TFC, and DoD. Along with a few random games of Harpoon & Total Operational Art of War, and last but not least trying to truly work my way through the Avernum series(started with Exile, but had no time then Avernum appeared and...)

Sort of had to upgrade the ol' 1G T-bird/256M(went to a 3200+(venice)/2G/nforce4 board got it for a steal several mos ago, almost literally) for Oblivion, and had been wrestling with the new mb chipset drivers, GPU drivers, and re-installations of win2k. All I need to do now is find a nice 500W+ PSU and a decent PCIe GPU(using a pseudo AGP slot on the new mb temporarily), plus with the AMD prices drops been thinking of going 4600+ x2, new hd(still working w/a 40G ATM which will likely become the games drive when I upgrade...)

DW: I like it, but I agree with those who complain about the small inventory... This isn't the '80's any more, we have memory and can use it for little niceties like bigger inventories... Still it doesn't detract enough to make me not to want to play, although the lack of journal does make some things extra tedious(have to find a pad & pen around now...) One thing I've gotta say though are that the bard tunes still don't sound quite as good as the BT tunes on the IIgs(played that again a little last fall when I setup some of my antiques... a //c, a IIgs, and a 1040STFm(4M/TOS 2.06) also played around with some of my other old RPGs, certainly beats emulation any day...)

(I patched my version all the way up to v2.01a AFAICT/if I did everything right...)
Growler
Necrolord

Post by Growler »

Always good to hear/read a new voice.. :) Especially one with uber-TechCred..

Journal would be convenient.. but I found a pseudo-workaround (still a bit tedious, but at least doesn't require chicken-scratched pen/pencilling).

I did screen-captures anytime there was (potentially) plot-related dialog.. then cut'n'pasted all together in paintbrush.

Otherwise, one could dig into the game files & snag each plot-related chunk of text.. :wink:
Opposition is true friendship, unless one is opposed to true friendship or (try) Resisting here http://www.cafepress.com/notheresistor
cutterjohn
Townie

Post by cutterjohn »

Growler wrote:I did screen-captures anytime there was (potentially) plot-related dialog.. then cut'n'pasted all together in paintbrush.

Otherwise, one could dig into the game files & snag each plot-related chunk of text.. :wink:
You know in all of my years of game playing, and with alll of the games that now allow screenshots I've yet to take a single screenshot. (Well, I may have taken one YEARS ago when it was a new "feature", and probably just went blah...) But it IS a good idea, and certainly beats actually writing. OK, first thing I upgrade will be my hd so I can have plenty of space to waste on screenshots as I have this feeling once I start, I'll go nuts for a while, then come to my sense and never take another for the rest of my life...

Digging into the code(or what can be seen): yep, I thought of that, and already did do some poking around, but I quit as I didn't want to "spoil" myself...

Growler: Do you live here? :twisted: (I always seem to see your handle in every thread at some point or another... :) )
Growler
Necrolord

Post by Growler »

I went to way too much trouble to cut'n'paste chunks of screenshots all together so I'd end up with all the text/clues on 1 pic.. If you convert all those bitmaps to png's, that should save some HD space (or even jpegs'll work as long as you don't over-compress 'em &/or re-save/compress too many times ~ just that jpeg's'll make the text a bit jaggy).

Yes, a Growler must live in many places...concurrently no less.. it's a tough existence, but our kind is so doomed. :wink:
Partly just trying to help keep the forum here from wilting.. but I tell ya--the powers as B ain't paying me nearly 'nuff! :evil: So must get a bit o' jest outta it at least. Pound of hide, if ye catch me drift..