Live/Online 1-on-1 DW-stylin' Combat sys

Post any topic here, DW related or not.

Moderator: Admin

1-on-1 online DW-style Combat sounds..

Too good 2 B True! Where do I sign my life away?
67%
Just Awful. Yeck. Yuck. Boo. (hiss)
No votes
Feeling wishy-washily ambivalent here on my fence..
33%

Total votes: 3

Growler
Necrolord

Live/Online 1-on-1 DW-stylin' Combat sys

Post by Growler »

Something eye been contemplating for some time is an online combat system (mebe Java-based or sim) where any 2 players could compete in a sort of DW-style (or RPG generally) slash'n'hack duel. Nothing too fancy, necessarily. Just some way to keep it fair, but where you could somehow build up your char.. could include purchasing equipment, solving puzzles, getting EXP points (&/or gold, equipments, etc) for winning combats, etc.

Sound like good, mostly clean fun to anyone else?

Could make it 'live' (still round-based) &/or folks just log-in & initiate their 'go' whenever they can--tho' that might be far too drawn out..
No Contraries : No Progression.
Opposition is true friendship, unless one is opposed to true friendship or (try) Resisting here http://www.cafepress.com/notheresistor
douglas_b
Green Dragon

Post by douglas_b »

Only one problem Growler, If that happened I would embarass you all when I whoop on ya all!

Buahahahaha!!!!
"Have no way as way. Have no limitation as limitation."
Growler
Necrolord

Post by Growler »

Alrighty then! :P :twisted: :P

Dare Omlet Gauntlet hath been tossed down!

(best bring a couple cases o' cans o' whoop-arse, my good if overly confident man! 8) )

Get reeeeaady 2 Ruuuuummmmble.
Opposition is true friendship, unless one is opposed to true friendship or (try) Resisting here http://www.cafepress.com/notheresistor
jy_blaste
War Monger

Post by jy_blaste »

that would be a great idea, if the turn based concept could be maintained to differentiate it from the other games out there. If the person you team up with takes too long to select actions, you could just activate the 'Split up' command and move on, alone, or join a different party. I have seen beta-java based online board games that use this concept, where the game is essentially set up inside a chat room and anyone can join the group to comment or play. Obviously, there are major differences, but the concept might be possible.
Growler
Necrolord

Post by Growler »

gotta couple of good friends who are cracker-jacker web-dev'ers and they're about to move back to my neck of the black forest woods.. so may be I can get them to help me create an online RPG system.

would love to make it open/flexible such that people/groups could easily mod it for special purps..such as a teacher who's teaching say the Trojan War could set it up with major figures of the Trojan War--Greeks vs Trojans and mebe have his students help set it up & then play it out..

lots of ideas, just not enough time or resources to implement quite yeti. :(
dragonbait
Stalker

Post by dragonbait »

yeah, I'm all for turn-based. after the early 1990's there's a significantly small percentage of games out there that still use the turn-based gameplay. I guess that's why we all gravitate towards games like the Devil Whiskey and other similar games. I enjoy strategic games where you can take your time and enjoy it, + be able to leave the computer a bit if real life gets in the way, and when you get back to the game the monster is still there waiting for you to return and not taking cheap shots at you while your off in the real world.
jykler
Site Admin

Post by jykler »

I'm IN... :)
-Jykler