End of DW game/+ the rpg directory

Post any topic here, DW related or not.

Moderator: Admin

dragonbait
Stalker

End of DW game/+ the rpg directory

Post by dragonbait »

After completing the devil whiskey, i would have to say that it was the best game that i have played in a long time. THANKS DEVIL WHISKEY DEVELOPERS!! 8) Although the lack of a final battle was a bit dissapointing. Hope you guys make up for it in the next installment, the dark resurrection i think it is supposed to be called. I'm sure you will And I want that Thor figurine back from Altnuri!! and am ready to shed some more blood for it. Never should have given it to him in the first place. The only thing that urks me is that i couldn't get past level 50(1) warlock/isomancer level. My RCL Dragonbait got to level 52 by the end but thats it. Well i guess if i play the game again sometime i'll use less characters so i can train them to higher levels. Maybe 1 RCL, 1 Elementalist, 2 Arcanists. Anyway enough of my rambling.
I updated my website for those who want to see.
http://www.weekendwastemonster.net/
Last edited by dragonbait on Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:56 pm, edited 10 times in total.
Growler
Necrolord

Post by Growler »

Curious...why 1 Ele but 2 Arcs?

Think I'd lean towards 2 Ele's & 1 Arc..

Cute site--kinda nice seeing some of those old graphics..never played PoR, but did play the orig Wizardry I, BT2, & Ultima II & III.
No Contraries : No Progression.
Opposition is true friendship, unless one is opposed to true friendship or (try) Resisting here http://www.cafepress.com/notheresistor
Ziusudra
Black Claw

Post by Ziusudra »

Neat site. Your party-character names made my own imagination work overtime--they reminded me a bit of the StarGate TV shows...

Regardless, it is good to see your site and the old artwork, as Growler says. (Scary that I'm agreeing with his growliness...) :shock:

When you're done, you can celebrate by eating a nice helping of phlan--er, flan.
Nuwa wadar-ma ekkatani. Nuwa sinda-on ezzatani.
Meanwhile
Green Dragon

Post by Meanwhile »

Nice Site! Big fan of the original Pool of Radiance myself. Can't wait for your pictures of Podal Plaza, and Valhingen Graveyard, and of course the Valjevo Castle! Long live New Phlan! + Yulash + The Zhentil Keep!!! :)
Growler
Necrolord

Post by Growler »

Alrighty already.. everyone keeps going on about PoR.. how long does it take to complete? & is it still available for download?

is it Really worth its saltiness?!? :wink:
Opposition is true friendship, unless one is opposed to true friendship or (try) Resisting here http://www.cafepress.com/notheresistor
Ziusudra
Black Claw

Post by Ziusudra »

Growler wrote:Alrighty already.. everyone keeps going on about PoR.. how long does it take to complete? & is it still available for download?

is it Really worth its saltiness?!? :wink:
No, but it's quite peppery, in a very nice way.
chaney
Stalker

Post by chaney »

The original PoR was a lot of fun. Similar in nature to DW and BT in the fact that it is more plot oriented than graphics oriented. There were something like 10 or 11 of the AD&D games that were in the series. They were all fun to play. Google it. I was able to do all the downloads about 1 year ago. They are abandonware now. If you have too much trouble drop me a line with an email address and I will send you a zip file.
Bring on the Dancing Horses!
Growler
Necrolord

Post by Growler »

Thanks for the n-foe.. (pepper-spray comments aside :wink:)

In fact, I giggled it right after posting a few days ago & found what appeared to be the official site, but the main game preview?/download wasn't working; have meant to check back.. will do that first & if it's still abandonware (utterly so) then would be appreciative of a zippy file of the game. :P
origen
Dark Sidhe Lord

Post by origen »

I get nervous when Growler's giggle something. :shock:
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
dragonbait
Stalker

Post by dragonbait »

Growler wrote:Curious...why 1 Ele but 2 Arcs?
Well once the Arc's reach the end of the illusionist levels and get mind vortex and also equip the amulet of all knowing the Arc makes the Ele pretty much obsolete. The mind vortex was really the only spell i used after that. Although in the early stages having only one Pyro might be more difficult especially if there is only 4 party members 1 RCL 1 ELE and 2 ARC's but i'll give it a shot at some point. Right now i'm focusing on PoR and Bard's Tale II Alternating to pick up some screenshots and pics of both.
Growler
Necrolord

Post by Growler »

Never tried the mind vortex, so will if/when ever get my new crew high enough for it. Thought mebe you liked the ARC's due to their potent healing spells.

Growlers get nervous when they (we) giggle something.
if that makes 0-man feel better.. :twisted:
Ziusudra
Black Claw

Post by Ziusudra »

Growler wrote:Never tried the mind vortex, so will if/when ever get my new crew high enough for it. Thought mebe you liked the ARC's due to their potent healing spells.

Growlers get nervous when they (we) giggle something.
if that makes 0-man feel better.. :twisted:
I'm nervous regardless!

I played PoR back in the bad old days (well, my computer was trash), and agree it was a lot of fun. One thing I used to like was that you could pretty much take your party through from one game to the next in those "Gold Box" series. I'd play a couple/few times and eventually come up with some characters I'd developed really well, not wanting to lose them ('though I'd "swap" some less-well developed ones).
dragonbait
Stalker

Post by dragonbait »

Ziusudra wrote: One thing I used to like was that you could pretty much take your party through from one game to the next in those "Gold Box" series. I'd play a couple/few times and eventually come up with some characters I'd developed really well, not wanting to lose them ('though I'd "swap" some less-well developed ones).
Yeah the transfer option was neat, though if you use the modify to max out your characters stats at creation point a newer character will always have higher hit points then the transfered character at the starting level of each game.

I always use the item duplication trick creating a character that i can put all of my good equipment onto. then remove him from my team, then reload and add the character back all while my regular characters still have all their loot and now have all the loot that they gave to my 1 character to boot. 8)
origen
Dark Sidhe Lord

Post by origen »

Isn't that cheating. :shock:
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
chaney
Stalker

Post by chaney »

No, it isn't cheating. Think of it as MSWindows and call it a feature :wink:
Bring on the Dancing Horses!