End of DW game/+ the rpg directory

Post any topic here, DW related or not.

Moderator: Admin

Growler
Necrolord

Post by Growler »

dragonbait wrote:..I always use the item duplication trick creating a character that i can put all of my good equipment onto. then remove him from my team, then reload and add the character back all while my regular characters still have all their loot and now have all the loot that they gave to my 1 character to boot. 8)
Think a similar trick worked for the ancient/original Wizardry: Proving Grounds of da Mad Overlord aka Origen. :twisted:

It's only cheating if I lose something. Or, possibly someone else. Cleverly duplicating items only hurt themselves by devaluing via mass reproduction. So everyone's ultra-mega-hyper shinguards are each worth fractionally less. More or less.
No Contraries : No Progression.
Opposition is true friendship, unless one is opposed to true friendship or (try) Resisting here http://www.cafepress.com/notheresistor
cutterjohn
Townie

Post by cutterjohn »

Growler wrote:
dragonbait wrote:..I always use the item duplication trick creating a character that i can put all of my good equipment onto. then remove him from my team, then reload and add the character back all while my regular characters still have all their loot and now have all the loot that they gave to my 1 character to boot. 8)
Think a similar trick worked for the ancient/original Wizardry: Proving Grounds of da Mad Overlord aka Origen. :twisted:

It's only cheating if I lose something. Or, possibly someone else. Cleverly duplicating items only hurt themselves by devaluing via mass reproduction. So everyone's ultra-mega-hyper shinguards are each worth fractionally less. More or less.
Bah! Just ID item 9, instant god.

POR: Only supported CGA(talk about UGLY! mono would've been better!) on the PC. The next one(which I HATED!!! Curse of Azure Bonds, not enough 1st person) supported EGA, and then IIRC they all supported VGA. Couldn't stand Krynn, so I skipped those too... Liked the Savage Frontier ones though...

Also skipped Hillsfar as it wasn't really an RPG, unless you compare it to most of today's "RPG"s...
Meanwhile
Green Dragon

Post by Meanwhile »

I remember you can go into the options and switch off the character portraits, and i always did since the portraits were terrible, but CGA or not it was a fun game to play. I'm suprised that you didn't like the second game Curse of the Azure bonds. That one was always my favorite of them. Fighting in the Pit of Moander and the Beholders in Oxam's Tower. I liked that you can travel from city to city and go on different sidequests here and there. Curse was the most difficulty of the games and took the longest to defeat.
khwaounju
Nomad

Post by khwaounju »

[quote="cutterjohn]... Liked the Savage Frontier ones though...

Also skipped Hillsfar as it wasn't really an RPG, unless you compare it to most of today's "RPG"s...[/quote]

I remember playing the savage frontier games. They were some of the later games from the gold box series. Better graphics. Remember you had to kill the bad guys before they smashed their crystals so you could decipher the code and fighting all those Kraken bastards. And the gateway to the savage frontier has a cool raiders of the lost ark ending.
Meanwhile
Green Dragon

Post by Meanwhile »

Although I did like seeing all those monsters get anhililated at the end of (Gateway) I felt it was kind of a rip off of the Indy movie. But the rest of the game (especially the parts where the giant birds flew the party up to the top of the mountain where you fight the sorceress) was definitly alot of fun.
dragonbait
Stalker

Post by dragonbait »

Yeah the giant birds they were called the Aarakocra. That was definitely one of the highlights of the game. Gateway was the better of the two games in my opinion. Though (Treasures of the savage frontier) had some cool effects like while traveling on the map it would snow when it was winter. And the Treasures game started going into more depth with the NPC character interaction which was pretty advanced for it's time. I think Treasures was the last game of the gold box games. though it probably came out near the release of the Pools of Darkness. In Pools of Darkness (PoD) they had a bonus quest to defeat after the actual game. The bonus quest i actually never finished. Has anyone defeated that? 8)
khwaounju
Nomad

Post by khwaounju »

dragonbait wrote: In Pools of Darkness (PoD) they had a bonus quest to defeat after the actual game. The bonus quest i actually never finished. Has anyone defeated that? 8)
Pools of Darkness was an awesome final game. Characters could reach level 30. But the bonus quest after you beat the game is practically impossible. You had to wander through the maze in combat mode fighting as you go. Still havn't made it through all the way. Don't know anyone who has or even heard of anyone who has for that matter.
dragonbait
Stalker

Post by dragonbait »

Well I was in a Devil Whiskey playin' mood and decided to go for a round 2. This time I'd like to get my characters beyond lvl 51 so i only got 4 characters now. I know i said i'd have 2 arcanists this time around but as of right now my team consists of 1 Ranger, 1 Psi-Knight, 1 Arcanist, 1 Pyromancer. I'll probably eliminate either the Ranger or the Psi-Knight in place of a second Arcanist eventually once my team levels up and the threat of getting killed is lessened. I had to lower the level in the configurations from impossible back to easy for a little while. My fighter types are lvl 5 now and mages lvl 6.
Growler
Necrolord

Post by Growler »

Cool, keep us posted on how yer new crew kicks arse! :P
Opposition is true friendship, unless one is opposed to true friendship or (try) Resisting here http://www.cafepress.com/notheresistor
dragonbait
Stalker

Post by dragonbait »

I updated my website recently. Its got some downloads of some classic crpg's if anyone wants to play them. Each game has their own page. I'll add to each page to make it more visually appealing sometime. There's also some video clips including one of my old dog. His name was Freckles and for some reason he liked to lick windows and theres a clip of him doing just that in the Misc./video clips section.
Last edited by dragonbait on Fri Aug 24, 2007 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chaney
Stalker

Post by chaney »

Dragonbait, I have all of the AD&D Adventurers Journals, Manuals, etc in PDF format. If you want them, send me an email address. I couldn't find any on your website.
Bring on the Dancing Horses!
dragonbait
Stalker

Post by dragonbait »

Thanks. I just sent you a PM with an email address to send to. Currently I only have a journal on my site for the game Secret of the Silver Blades, but it's not in pdf format so I could use whatever you have. Thanks.
:D
-dragonbait
dragonbait
Stalker

Post by dragonbait »

Tanx for the goldbox manual/journal files! + I'll be adding the Krynn games to the site soon. I haven't put up Curse of the Azure bonds, yet cause of the codewheel password issue. I've memorized most of the password symbols for Pool of Radiance so I'll try to put together a password access list up for PoR sometime.
Pools of Darkness (PoD), Secret of the Silver Blades, Gateway to the Savage Frontier, + Treasures of the Savage Frontier pages have now been updated. Thanks again Chaney!
Last edited by dragonbait on Mon Feb 09, 2009 6:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
skaven510
Nomad

Post by skaven510 »

Ahhh takes me back to the good old days, Back when I called Pool of Radiance...Pool of RAD iance....Anyways just wanted to say cool site and I've actually been replaying dragonlance games but always get frustrated with that damn copyprotection. Other than that gotta love anygame where you help a silver dragon try to save her beloved :)

later
Skav
Despite all my rage,
I'm still just a rat in a cage.
Growler
Necrolord

Post by Growler »

That's a great site ya got set up, Dragon! :P
Lots o' cool stuffings there..

Did you by chance smear a smoked ham across that door yer doggie wuz lickin'? :?

Is that Wizardry for the Wintel (Windows/PC) platform?