End of DW game/+ the rpg directory

Post any topic here, DW related or not.

Moderator: Admin

dragonbait
Stalker

Post by dragonbait »

No ham or spam smearing was used in the recording of Freckle's video clip. Freckles would lick windows, walls, floors, refrigerators, furniture, people, fences, + especially shadows + reflections. He'd bark and chase around the light from a flashlight too. :D

+ yes the wizardry downloads are the Windows/PC version.
Growler
Necrolord

Post by Growler »

Freckle sounds like a cool doggie..

I went ahead & tried Wiz I (thanks 4 posting that) hoping it was for PC platform.. rolled up a guy, equipped him but he got paralyzed by some slimes the very first encounter--& that seemed to lock up the system--or at least that process, so finally alt-tabbed outta it & then shut it down via Task Manager. I'll try again later when have more time--but rather finish your basement mod first anyway. :P
No Contraries : No Progression.
Opposition is true friendship, unless one is opposed to true friendship or (try) Resisting here http://www.cafepress.com/notheresistor
dragonbait
Stalker

Post by dragonbait »

hmmmm. weird. Never had that happen to me. I use dosbox with Dfend when playing these old games. Do you use dosbox+Dfend or an equivalent? If you find that it happens again I can re-copy it from the master disc and upload it again.
Growler
Necrolord

Post by Growler »

Kinda thought that was just the game providing a true sense of paralysis rather than a bugger-type issue & served me right (wrongly) fur entering the Werdna's Lair with but 1 fur-butt.

I just ran the little sucker straight up--not in any special mode or via any dos-oriented prog, so however xp pro tries to handle it. And therein may lie the problem.. but the game seemed to work fine right up until that dang slime paralyzed my guy.

Will experiment further in a few days. Thanks again.
Opposition is true friendship, unless one is opposed to true friendship or (try) Resisting here http://www.cafepress.com/notheresistor
dragonbait
Stalker

Post by dragonbait »

Just about page...
Last edited by dragonbait on Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:58 pm, edited 3 times in total.
chaney
Stalker

Post by chaney »

Nice updates. Well said!! I am currently playing Curse after fininshing Pool of Radiance. This will probably be my 50th or so time going through the whole series. Have fun.
Bring on the Dancing Horses!
dragonbait
Stalker

Post by dragonbait »

Yeah, that whole forgotten realms series + really the whole gold-box series never gets old no matter how many times you play them. The whole strategic aspect of those games blows my mind in comparison to the bland hack n' slash, 1 character, attack, attack, attack, no thought going into it, crummy games that come out today. Granted there are some OK newer games but no one mastered strategic games quite the way SSI did. Been planning on going through Secret of the Silver Blades and then transfering them to Pools of Darkness just for fun. 8)
dragonbait
Stalker

Post by dragonbait »

wow. I've gotten quite a number of comments on the guestbook of the rpg directory. :D That's cool!

It's come a long way since I first created it back in December of 06'. It's great to see that people have been making use of the site. And comments have led to the discovery of numerous other rpg projects, some new, some old, but all of them classic style rpg's. 8)

*updated 11/10/2007*
xtra thanks to Chaney for informing me on Centauri Alliance! awesome game!!
Last edited by dragonbait on Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Growler
Necrolord

Post by Growler »

Just added a sig to yer guestly bookie! ;)

You really do have a kick-arse site.. tons of great old-game pix & animations.. :P
dragonbait
Stalker

Centauri Alliance

Post by dragonbait »

(Centauri Alliance)

Another game added to the rpg directory. "Centauri Alliance" This game
was the last game that Michael Cranford (of Bard's Tale fame) designed
before pursuing his religious quest. Err, I mean calling. The game
has been described as Bard's Tale in space. Available game files are
for the Apple IIe or the Commodore 64, so unless you have one of them
lying around you're going to need to play them through an emulator. I
have included links to emulators for both the Apple IIe and C64. The
apple emulator is much more user friendly + that is what I use.

Here is the link to the Centauri Alliance page. Happy Adventuring!
centauri alliance
Last edited by dragonbait on Mon Feb 09, 2009 6:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
dragonbait
Stalker

icestorm9999 rpg directory update

Post by dragonbait »

Post 23 (changes to the icestorm9999 rpg directory)
There will be some changes in the layout / i.e. look of the icestorm9999 rpg directory soon. (see picture above for a preview) Since there has been numerous additions to the rpg list in recent months, the site really did need an overhaul so that people don't have to keep scrolling down the center of the page endlessly to find what they are searching for. Basically it came down to checking out a site that I found on Wizardry 8 which also has some Might and Magic stuff on it as well. I was amazed with the level of professionalism that they have on it and was determined to improve on my own site. If you look at my icestorm9999 site pic above and see what I'm comparing it with at the link below...

http://www.flamestryke.com/wizardry8/fl ... es_w8.html
Last edited by dragonbait on Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chaney
Stalker

Post by chaney »

Just a little nitpick. Preserving is not spelled preseiving.
Bring on the Dancing Horses!
dragonbait
Stalker

Post by dragonbait »

that's just the style of the font. it does say preserving. you can see the lowercase i (cause it uses the dot) at the end of preserv ing I guess it might look a little like Decembei as well then. Oh well. It's the closest font to what was used with the Devil Whiskey.
dragonbait
Stalker

Post by dragonbait »

Post 24 (The Shard of Spring)
Well there's Strategic Simulations - "Demon's Winter", so why not have the Strategic Simulations prequel - "The Shard of Spring". Here's a real classic rpg for all you old school people! "The Shard of Spring" has been added to the rpg directory. - available files are for DOS, Apple IIe, and C64 versions. Happy adventuring!
Shard of Spring
Last edited by dragonbait on Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
dragonbait
Stalker

Post by dragonbait »

post deleted
Last edited by dragonbait on Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.