Anyone played/playing Gods Lands of Infinity?

Post any topic here, DW related or not.

Moderator: Admin

cutterjohn
Townie

Anyone played/playing Gods Lands of Infinity?

Post by cutterjohn »

If so, is it as bad as I've read elsewhere?

e.g. magic system sucks(non-accessible until fairly latish), alchemy wasn't finished, map area unlocking seems screwy or at least dated for a game that appears to be trying to pull a Morrowind/Oblivion(or a Gothic if they were aiming lower), console style turn based combat, magic on accessible IN combat, it's made by eastern europeans(European games have a bad track record with me in recent years, and eastern european games are batting an even zero...)

Good points: AFAICT it looks to be 1st person exploration(reviewers suck for not being slightly more detailed as in really giving some f'ing details), turned based combat, theoretically lots of quests and stuff(gleaned from "official" info, again reviewers are getting f'ing lazy/more useless), semi decent looking gfx from the 5 or so screenshots that I've been able to find(a VERY bad sign in my book...)

(All of above wrt to that it's $30 direct from stardock, or something like $20(might really be wirth about this I'm thinking... but more likely c. $15) if you join(let them rip you off for $70 for 10 "tokens"). Only problem being that 7 tokens left over and all they've got is a bunch of relatively old, mediocre(at best) crap...)
Growler
Necrolord

Post by Growler »

Howdy, CutterJ.. haven't played it, but thanks for the review/info.
No Contraries : No Progression.
Opposition is true friendship, unless one is opposed to true friendship or (try) Resisting here http://www.cafepress.com/notheresistor