Modding again, perhaps...

Post any topic here, DW related or not.

Moderator: Admin

Growler
Necrolord

Post by Growler »

Use the force, Origen...envision yourself (should b ez) as a typical fruitcake flying through the monitor...
No Contraries : No Progression.
Opposition is true friendship, unless one is opposed to true friendship or (try) Resisting here http://www.cafepress.com/notheresistor
Domhnall4h
Gnomicron

Post by Domhnall4h »

Just picture yourself as growler, you'll be allright.
http://grimmgames.freeforums.org/index.php

San Angelo... What do you know? Now tell me do you have something to say? Don't get me wrong, I miss my home, and it feels like I'm a million miles away.
Growler
Necrolord

Post by Growler »

Domhnall4h wrote:Just picture yourself as growler, you'll be allright.
Always excellent advice--for anyone anytime! :P
Opposition is true friendship, unless one is opposed to true friendship or (try) Resisting here http://www.cafepress.com/notheresistor
origen
Dark Sidhe Lord

Post by origen »

Well, based on the links I received about the monsters, and just me making ork pudding up, I am almost complete with the basics of my monster spreadsheet. I just have to figure out the HP/SP/XP/GP for each monster. I haven't given them skills/spells yet, either, since that is another think (the action editor) that doesn't always work well.

But, perhaps after I finish the monster file, I will release a small "Arena" type file so people can preview the monsters before the final release.

I also decided to not include the special weapons that I was working on before the forum crash, such as HGamer's Sabre and Wrath of Growler. I think it is much too early in the adventure to give such powerful objects. It will take away some of the challenges later in the game.

Just as a reminder (or a first time announcement to anyone new) that this will be a stand-alone mod, which should be played in a seperate Devil Whiskey install, i.e. not the game you normally play. Because the monsters, items, and other files are completely different, you will not be able to play both games in one install. You also can not use your savegame to transfer from one to the other.

This first release, which is still a ways away, will take you through the original Bard's Tale, from introduction to your defeat of Mangar. I would expect normal gameplay will get your parties to levels in the early to mid 20's, not overly powerful, and not close to the game limits, but leaving you with enough room for growth with the future expansion. Your levels will vary, depending on your style of play.

Well, that's about all the updates I have. Try not to hurt yourselves. :D
Growler
Necrolord

Post by Growler »

Forget fruitcake & ratapults!
You've got far better fish to fry!!! :P

Sounds great... except for leaving out the forum-monsters.. :(
You could always make the Wrath of Growlie cursed.. :wink:
That should make your game More challenging, eh??

So are your monsters based on the same buggers from BT-1?

The Arena monster preview sounds cool...would it allow for combat?

All Hail Origen, King of the Modders! :P
HGamer
War Monger

Post by HGamer »

Origen, if you've gotten into the monster generation process, I have some requests for stats:
Giant Rat
Giant Rat Boss
White Dragon
Blue Dragon
Pirate Captain
Spear Maiden

Some names and untested-for-balance data in Bard's Tale Construction Set format is all I have for these & other monsters that I need for my mod. First two are in the portion that could be made into a demo, others show up later. There's more, but I should find my list of what was to be done.
1 point 21 jigawatts!
Blkadr
Orker

Post by Blkadr »

Sounds a'ight.... wenches who smile balefully (teeth baring to snap down on unwitting mens)... oh hell, I give in.

Just remember that I may look innocent and beautiful... but I'll snap down on your arse without a moment's notice.
Domhnall4h
Gnomicron

Post by Domhnall4h »

So your a cannibal too? Damn, you do everything. Your probably that one gal who's been stalking me online for the past couple of months. Sounds about right, she has a facination with arses like you, and talks about sucking on fleshy things.
http://grimmgames.freeforums.org/index.php

San Angelo... What do you know? Now tell me do you have something to say? Don't get me wrong, I miss my home, and it feels like I'm a million miles away.