Nice if you can get it.
No votes
Ever-so-slightly off-putting.
25%
Ok, if there's nothing else going on.
No votes
A sorry excuse for having fun.
No votes
Should be left to the Professionals, i.e., Academics.
No votes
..Something I can't watch on the TV?
No votes
Better than wankin' -- according to Origen.
50%
Dangerous.
25%

Total votes: 4

Growler
Necrolord

North Carolina Renaissance Faire

Post by Growler »

Here Ye,
Hear Ye,
Anyone out in DW land a fan o' Medieval Revelry?

If so, then check out the North Carolina Renaissance Faire which started this weekend & continues for the next 2 weekends.

linker:
www.ncrenfaire.com

SCA sordid crews.. that's Society fur Creative Anachronism to any non-stoners--clerical or otherwiser. :roll:

Should be Lots & lots o' DW & D&D'er types there..
No Contraries : No Progression.
Opposition is true friendship, unless one is opposed to true friendship or (try) Resisting here http://www.cafepress.com/notheresistor
Meanwhile
Green Dragon

Post by Meanwhile »

Seems a good place to advertise for the DW! Always should be lookin out for new recruits! Are there any DW posters of stuff that us DW fans could help with gettin the ol' Rennibister word out there? :D
Defenders fell, their bane come true, Garth, Roscoe, Kylearan too!
Growler
Necrolord

Post by Growler »

Exactly, Meanwhile! Me sentimentals precisely!

Dunno if the devs have posters--but would most & certainly be a prime locale to display their wares.. I've posted to this effect elsewhere & writ one of (perhaps should type 'to') the DW hacks, but nada word in return, so... have even emailed the owner of a local Medieval shop to ax if they'd consider carrying some of the Devil's own Whiskey boxers.. uh--boxes. But haven't heard back there either.

All we poor sods can do is try, try, cry, & die with sword & brewhiskey raised HIGH! :D
Opposition is true friendship, unless one is opposed to true friendship or (try) Resisting here http://www.cafepress.com/notheresistor
douglas_b
Green Dragon

Post by douglas_b »

I went to our fair last year here in OH. The gf dragged me with... I started making fun of the guys who looked like they were wearing dresses - to the point where she was considering going back to the car and returning home.

Once we actually got into the fair I behaved. It wasn't that bad. But, I wouldn't do it again.

Some entertaining shows - but not nearly violent enough for my tastes. There were too many attempts at humor in the shows.

With any luck this year, she won't want to go.
"Have no way as way. Have no limitation as limitation."
HGamer
War Monger

Post by HGamer »

While I've been to NC, it was only once, and I wouldn't go that far for just a renfaire. Those in SoCal can instead consider the upcoming "Pirate Festival" and "Koroneburg Festival" occurring several weekends in April, May and June 2007. Website at http://www.renaissanceinfo.com/. I've been to the Koroneburg with my wife and son the past 2 years, and while I usually get a headache from the smoke and spend more money than I intended to, it ain't a bad time.
1 point 21 jigawatts!
Growler
Necrolord

Post by Growler »

Great to c Doug B & H G! :P

Doug: Yeah, the Ye Olde Faire in NC was pretty tame--def geared towards the kiddies. However, some of the leather, chains, & whip-gear sho seemed mo ah-dolt. :? :oops: 8)

HG: where ya been in NC? It's a 'faire' state.. most daze, anywaz. Good that SoCal's got plenty of medievalry. ;) but where'd all that smoke come from? Canon-fire? :?
douglas_b
Green Dragon

Post by douglas_b »

There was one thing that I did want to buy there. A chainmail bikini... now that would look good on the gf... :D She wasn't so thrilled about the idea.... Guess she has no creativity. :P
Growler
Necrolord

Post by Growler »

While I'm Sure the chainmail bikini would look hot on most any girlfriend.. jest think how hot Origen would Feel (to himself, that is!) wearing one. :twisted:

There were some pretty hot-looking wears? there.. Not sure if leather & metal gear-wear can qualify as 'lingerie' but hey..

This line of yapper makes me recall an olde but goodie adventure game from Infocom (Zork trilogy & such) called something like 'Leather Goddesses of Phoebos'?

Any elders here recall playing that?
douglas_b
Green Dragon

Post by douglas_b »

I told her I would buy it for her, but I couldn't convince her... Anyways it was above $150. I think it was close to $200. :shock: Expensive

And I really don't want to picture Origen in a bikini.... :? Scary thought.

Sorry not that much on an elder... don't recall the game.
HGamer
War Monger

Post by HGamer »

It was "Phobos". Gave you the choice of playing as male or female, depending on which bathroom you went into at the start of the game. Or the game ended because you didn't go because you did go, if you know what I mean. :)
I went to my niece's wedding in Hickory, NC. I also know about a faire held near Huntsville, AL but never went to it. And of course, the SCAdians will go on and on about "wars" like Pennsic and such, at various places all over the country.
1 point 21 jigawatts!
Growler
Necrolord

Post by Growler »

Hey, Growler's got relatives (both barely-hairy & scary-hairy) in Hickory! Well, unless they died in the War.. :?

Yeah, 'Phobos'.. never played it but it sounded like good, counter-clean fun. Played Zork I & III and one about a young Sorcerer--can't recall it just now, but it had a 3-D Crystal? puzzle embedded in the game.

Infocom rocked. A kick-arse parser b4 parsing was cool (if ever).

"We stick our graphics where the sun never shines"

*brain pic*

Doug, ya gotta pony up fur the leather-cladless chickees! :wink:
Blkadr
Orker

Post by Blkadr »

I'm still owed pay for 3 hours of English lessons from my previous employment with the Ohio Renaissance Faire. They wanted to put me (in full costume) in front of the grill in July. They're idiots.
Growler
Necrolord

Post by Growler »

To cook... or, *be* cooked?!? :shock:

And by 'full costume' you do mean a Medieval Bikini, right? :P
Domhnall4h
Gnomicron

Post by Domhnall4h »

I'm getting drug to a RenFaire come late May. I'm looking forward to it, it means a vacation, and a chance to find some obscure fight manuals I don't already have.

$200 for mail isn't bad. I think materials can cost that much for a hauberk. Been meaning to finish mine.
http://grimmgames.freeforums.org/index.php

San Angelo... What do you know? Now tell me do you have something to say? Don't get me wrong, I miss my home, and it feels like I'm a million miles away.