Transformers movie

Post any topic here, DW related or not.

Moderator: Admin

stonehydra
Townie

Transformers movie

Post by stonehydra »

Is anyone going to see the new Transformers movie this July?
Growler
Necrolord

Post by Growler »

uh, gonna take my 10 yr old neph to it.. :?

think Dom's already got his all-day ticket :twisted:
No Contraries : No Progression.
Opposition is true friendship, unless one is opposed to true friendship or (try) Resisting here http://www.cafepress.com/notheresistor
dragonbait
Stalker

Post by dragonbait »

hmmm. transformers. liked the ol' cartoons. watched em' every day after school at my grandparents house. but the new live action movie?

well......there's a few issues that I have with it.

1.) Bumblebee is no longer a Volkswagon bug, but a Chevy Camaro due to Volkswagon refusing to give the image of their car to the movie because they don't want to have their car associated with war. :roll: Why all of a sudden they start giving such a fuss? What the frigg!
-bad for volkswagon
-good for chevy for steppin' up to fill Bumblebee's shoes, er..wheels.
-bad for fan's of the 80's cartoon.

2.) The transformers look nothing like the original 80's cartoon versions. their all sharp n' pointy edged now.

3.) use of actors with questionable acting ability, or even the fact that they're using actors at all, with the exception of voice. I think with computer graphics the way they are now they could have made it all CG and made the look of the TF's more like they way we remembered seeing them.

Unless people start ranting and raving about how awesome the movie is, I probably won't see it or maybe I'll see it when it gets to the 2 dollar movie theater.

just my 2 cents worth.
Rickstavern
Black Claw

Post by Rickstavern »

It has giant robots and explosions. That's 70% of a good movie already. It will also have a badly written love story and terrible dialog, but that's almost every Michael Bay movie.

I watched the old 80s cartoon. Most of your feelings for it are just nostalgia. It was campy, poorly drawn and was made primarily to sell toys. Also, Optimus was a big dummy, Megatron surrounded himself with morons since only morons would follow him and Starscream was an incompetent jerk.

But anyway, they're giant robots... friggin sweet!
Meanwhile
Green Dragon

Post by Meanwhile »

Transformers.......More than meets the eye.
The autobots use their powers to destroy the evil forces of....the decepticons. Transformers! :P
Even though the new "live action transformers movie" might suck worse than Jar Jar Binks did in the Star Wars prequels, I'll still be going to see it. It might end up being the best movie this summer. Who knows?

There's also the Simpson's movie. I hope they don't butcher it., they should stop doing the TV shows after the movie. The shows have just gotten worse and worse.

And maybe i might see the new Die Hard movie. You know Bruce Willis can still kick some major butt! 8)
Defenders fell, their bane come true, Garth, Roscoe, Kylearan too!
Meanwhile
Green Dragon

Post by Meanwhile »

I saw the Transformers movie the other day. It was EXCELLENT! Best movie I've seen in a long time. All the Transformers were great. The acting was good. Allot of funny jokes. You get to see a Chevy attack Volkswagon. Definitely the movie was made for adults more than it was for kids.

There were some things that didn't work so well though, mainly the plot was a bit rediculous but also it was quite funny at times. And during the fight scenes everything moved so fast it was just like watching a big blur and you don't really know what your looking at because everything moves so fast.

It was a very fun movie. I'd give it 4*'s ****
Defenders fell, their bane come true, Garth, Roscoe, Kylearan too!
Growler
Necrolord

Post by Growler »

Gotta confess.. it was Way better than I expected--& worth seeing on the Bigga Screen.

Merde! Forgot 2 take my neph along.. good excuse to rent & watch later..he-he..
No Contraries : No Progression.
Opposition is true friendship, unless one is opposed to true friendship or (try) Resisting here http://www.cafepress.com/notheresistor