Pool of Radiance + / or sequels or other gold box games
17%
Baldur's gate + / or sequels
No votes
Icewind Dale + / or sequels
No votes
Dragon Wars
8%
Devil Whiskey (If you don't pick this one Jykler is gonna terminate your DW username!!)
17%
Ultima + / or sequels
No votes
Eye of the Beholder + / or sequels
No votes

Total votes: 12

Domhnall4h
Gnomicron

Post by Domhnall4h »

Another convert! :P I gotta start a new party as well. Haven't had much time though, since I built this computer, to play anything requiring much more than mindless clicking of the mouse.

Yeah, someone told me SSS went under, and another person bought the copyrights to DW off the corpse. So I'm back. Been working on a new DW party as well, though lack of time nowadays keeps it down. I installed on Friday, and only got my party up to level 20 or so.

I even started a solo Ele. Though now I'm thinking of trying it with a solo Arcanist. Not sure, I'm testing things out right now.
http://grimmgames.freeforums.org/index.php

San Angelo... What do you know? Now tell me do you have something to say? Don't get me wrong, I miss my home, and it feels like I'm a million miles away.
Growler
Necrolord

Post by Growler »

Dom, you've played around a bit over the centuries--what are yer secrets to successful RPG'ing? 8)
No Contraries : No Progression.
Opposition is true friendship, unless one is opposed to true friendship or (try) Resisting here http://www.cafepress.com/notheresistor
Domhnall4h
Gnomicron

Post by Domhnall4h »

First, you must sacrifice a goat. I actually don't sacrifice it to anyone or thing in particular, but I hate goats. A Honda Civic will act nicely as a substitute, since I hate them as well. The trick is to keep the Honda alive long enough, as poorly made as they are.

Then, you must be able to operate with no sleep for centuries on end.

Most of my secrets are just that, secrets, however. Same as for why I have a dozen women a day invite me to bed. I'd probably have more, but then I don't get out save when I'm forced to. Like when I need a Honda to sacrifice.

San Angelo... What do you know? Now tell me do you have something to say? Don't get me wrong, I miss my home, and it feels like I'm a million miles away.
jy_blaste
War Monger

Post by jy_blaste »

never met a Honda a didn't like. Have you tried once since 1995? you may find a big difference.
Domhnall4h
Gnomicron

Post by Domhnall4h »

Last I examined was an '06. It was summer, and I couldn't find one with a real transmission, but attempted to test drive a Civic with a crapbox anyways. Besides being far less comfortable than an Iron Maiden, it stalled when I put it in drive.

The only other car I had do that was my prior Civic, a '92 that, at 90k had more stuff replaced than any three GM or Chrysler vehicles I ever owned at 200,000 miles. And it had so many issues I never bothered to fix that I got chewed out by the guy who took it in trade.

All my other crapbox vehicles would bark the tires with the A/C on full blast, and never once have I ever had one stall. Needless to say, I got out and walked to my car without saying a word. The dealer didn't even try to follow.

I looked at a Fit more recently, but couldn't fit in the driver's seat with it all the way back. It wouldn't crank anyway, so I guess it didn't matter. I have a hard time finding a car as crappy. Maybe Yugo, but I haven't seen one of them in years either, at least in the States. They're still building them, actually.

jy_blaste
War Monger

Post by jy_blaste »

Dom, I guess I may be a bit softer on my cars :) I try to keep them under 160 km/h (100 mph) on the highways :)

Good luck anyways! :)
Domhnall4h
Gnomicron

Post by Domhnall4h »

My Dakota had a mere 168,000 when totaled by a drunk. My GMC had 278,000 and was sold running. My Camaro had a 113,000 when a friend talked me out of it. My Dart, only God knows how many miles was on it.

My Civic was the lowest miles car I got rid of, and the one with the most problems. It never towed a 16ft cargo trailer well overloaded; to the point that the rear end was flat against the frame. It never reached speeds exceeding 65mph, simply because it could barely reach 65! Whereas, my Dak and GMC I bottomed both speedos out at 85, my Camaro I bottomed out at 120, and my Cobalt I've bottomed out at 115. My Dart didn't have a speedometer.

This is disregarding the '78 GMC Step Van I drove for 400,000 miles for work. 454 v8. Or the '89 GMC that had more than 500,000 miles on it.

This is also disregarding the '06 Civic, which I never owned, and never even really drove. Just put in drive.

Blkadr
Orker

Post by Blkadr »

Now my favorite is BT1. It is impossible to beat without cheating, but what wasn't in the 80s? I remember my dad locking the computer (with a key) because I snuck into his computer room and played when I was supposed to be asleep. Computers used to have key locks. Now that's funny.
dragonbait
Stalker

Post by dragonbait »

hahahah. the old sneaking off to battle monsters in skara brae while the parents were asleep bit. I remember way back when I used to sneak down into the basement and turn the computer on while holding my hands over the computer's speaker grated holes so the startup beeps would be somewhat muted. Damn they were so loud back then especially at 1 in the morning. :lol:
Blkadr
Orker

Post by Blkadr »

I had to hit the V key really, really fast or the music would wake my dad up. That's when he decided to lock the computer.
shaneandriu
Townie

Post by shaneandriu »

Hello Friends..
My all time favorite RPG Character is Dragon Wars..and i voted for it..hope more peoples like it as i..
chaney
Stalker

Post by chaney »

Welcome aboard. I really enjoy Dragon Wars, and still play it from time to time. I don't think it would be my favorite, but definitely ranks high.
Bring on the Dancing Horses!