Emulators

Post any topic here, DW related or not.

Moderator: Admin

dragonbait
Stalker

Emulators

Post by dragonbait »

So I've been messing around with these Emulators again recently. Mostly all of my games are played using Dosbox and D-fend, which I love. I got around a bit in Dosbox but D-fend made things SUPER easy, and I was able to use Applewin emulator with ease and was playing some bard's tale with it a little while back. Now I decided to try out some of the other emulators that are out there. first I started with the Amiga emulator mainly because it looked like the best version to play Bard's Tale on and also the Pool of Radiance game looked INCREDIBLE on the Amiga. However the WinUAE really isn't "beginner friendly" and it seems that I would need to download some ROM files and apparently they're not free?? I wasn't even able to find the files online anyway and it seemed confusing even after reading the Emulator guide. So i left if for now and continued on with the Atari emulator. (the Steem version) Was able to install and play the Atari version of Bard's Tale 1. Some nice typical atari sound in the bard's songs + was fun listening to it + the graphics were around equal or maybe a little better than the dos version except for the fact that it was a bit blurry and every time i tried to change the resolution in the steem program and reset+play the game would crash on me or just not play at all. I tried different settings but it didn't seem to like anything but the most blurriest of settings.

Has anyone messed around with these Emulators? and have any advice? or recommendations?
jykler
Site Admin

amiga

Post by jykler »

I think amiga has the roms thru a company called AmigaForever. I have purchased that product as i still love my Amiga games.
http://www.amigaforever.com/
-Jykler