Sys Admin Problems

Post any topic here, DW related or not.

Moderator: Admin

douglas_b
Green Dragon

Post by douglas_b »

Yea, she will be back soon... after she fixes the computer that she made worse, hehe...

I think FyL has other projects he is working on... and he did respond to my PM about the lair... so he still answering questions....

Some of the old timers might not come back, but we are getting some new ones... I mean look at Mikey... I am sure there will be more

And, Maybe, just maybe.... SSS will get on the ball and send at least one update to there site, bltalk, or forums and give us a heads up with WTH is going on.

Gettin the forums back up has my interests again... I have been doing some adventuring and leveling... and my party needs lots of leveling if I am to survive in the mages tower. hehe
Growler
Necrolord

Post by Growler »

Doug, you mentioned previously that the Summoners were really tough (true) ...here's a couple things that might help... their kick-arse maneuver is to cast Gravity's Demise? (from 50') which really smacks yer party (but they only get to cast it once) ...so if you can, either PUFO them back &/or use a blinding type spell against them..(such as BLLI)...either way, just try to get the jump on 'em! (sorry if any of this is off...it's the best I recall)
No Contraries : No Progression.
Opposition is true friendship, unless one is opposed to true friendship or (try) Resisting here http://www.cafepress.com/notheresistor
douglas_b
Green Dragon

Post by douglas_b »

Will do, good advice Growler!
The Wombat
War Monger

Post by The Wombat »

I can't help wondering if all the "old-timers" even know that the forums are back up. I mean, I joined only a few days before they fell over and for the next 2 weeks afterwards I'd try to see if they were back. Eventually I decided that they were probably gone for good and was about to delete it from my favorites when I tought, purely on a whim, I'd give it one more try. Imagine my surprise to find that it had been back up only a few hours. So, if I'd tried that last time a little earlier, or not at all, I probably still wouldn't know that the forums had returned.

So... maybe the "old-timers" need to find some way of contacting the Lost Sheep and pointing them back in the right direction?
"What kind of person WRITES a maniacal laugh?" -- Maskerade.
Growler
Necrolord

Post by Growler »

Glad you mentioned this...I was recently thinking that the devs should have emailed everyone on their list once the forums were back up.. :? (I contacted the few old farts I knew)
No Contraries : No Progression.
Opposition is true friendship, unless one is opposed to true friendship or (try) Resisting here http://www.cafepress.com/notheresistor
HGamer
War Monger

Post by HGamer »

I only knew because I had signed up on BLTalk, and there was a posting there that the new forum should be up on a certain day. It wasn't, but it gave me hope so I kept checking every day or so until it was.
Perhaps the reason the old forum members couldn't be contacted was that the list was on one of the computers that got munged.

At least SSS tried to keep us posted. I'm currently a bit peeved at Datel, who have a website with a prominent Forum link on the navbar. Except that apparently hasn't worked for quite a while and there's no way to find out that it's them and not you except other forums.
1 point 21 jigawatts!
The Wombat
War Monger

Post by The Wombat »

True, but if you bought the game online as I did, the actual money transaction was handled by a separate company. You had to give them your email address so they could send you both you receipt and unlock key. Perhaps that list could be used to send a "general service announcement" that the forums are back up?
"What kind of person WRITES a maniacal laugh?" -- Maskerade.
douglas_b
Green Dragon

Post by douglas_b »

awesome idea