Bard's Tale Beer

Post any topic here, DW related or not.

Moderator: Admin

dragonbait
Stalker

Bard's Tale Beer

Post by dragonbait »

Post 7 (Bard's Tale Beer)
I've had the link to the Bard's Tale Beer on the bard's page for quite some time now, but I never got around to actually trying it. Until today. Even though I've known about it for over a year, my reasons for not giving it the taste test until now varied from the fact that 1.) the Beer is made for people who have Celiac disease and thus is gluten free. 2.) a 6 pack of the Bardstale Beer runs at about $11. , and 3.) the scarce availablility of the brew. (only the large supermarket sized liquor store in my area carries it.) So today, my significant other said that she wanted to get some "pumpkin flavored ale" to celebrate the autumn season since the weathers starting to change now. So when I got off work, I headed to the store for some seasonal brew. As I'm going through the isle, I spot the Bard's Tale Beer. Well why not pick up 6 of the bard's brew as well? So I get home, put the "pumpkin" flavored ale in the fridge, took out my keychain that holds my trusty AC/DC bottle opener and crack open a bottle. I normally just drink beer straight from the bottle or can, but I figured that I'd pour this one out into a glass to examine it. When emptying the brew into the glass, there's a whole lot of fizz at first that quickly settles and become a bit flat in not much time at all. Here goes. Well while it did taste a "bit" refreshing (like the bottle lable describes), It kind of felt more like I was drinking ginger ale. The girls at the Scarlett Bard tavern are not impressed. Well this is only my opinion. Others may like the beer. I prefer a more heavier and more bitter brew than this Bard's Tale Beer. But for people that have Celiac disease and can't drink regular beer this may be the beer for you. But for me? I'll pass on the Bard's Tale Beer and go for some Sam Adams instead.
2007-09-21 23:23:18 GMTComments: 0 |Permanent Link
Last edited by dragonbait on Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Growler
Necrolord

Post by Growler »

Growls like Ginger (& MaryAnn) Ale!

Also RootBeer... *burp* ..ahhhh..
No Contraries : No Progression.
Opposition is true friendship, unless one is opposed to true friendship or (try) Resisting here http://www.cafepress.com/notheresistor
Blkadr
Orker

Post by Blkadr »

I'd like to know where the Scarlet Bard Tavern is. If they serve Bard's Tale Beer, I'd like to try some.