Your favorite Bard's Tale game? (Time for a new poll!)

Post any topic here, DW related or not.

Moderator: Admin

Out of the original trilogy, which Bard's Tale game was your favorite? + (in your opinion) what makes it a superior game?

Tales of the Unknown (Bard's Tale I)
14%
The Destiny Knight (Bard's Tale II)
14%
The Thief of Fate (Bard's Tale III)
71%

Total votes: 7

dragonbait
Stalker

Your favorite Bard's Tale game? (Time for a new poll!)

Post by dragonbait »

I figured it's about time for a new poll. :)

Death and Drek! you curse. Your foes seem endless. You face 1 Poll 10'

Out of the original trilogy, which Bard's Tale game was your favorite? + (in your opinion) what makes it a superior game?
dragonbait
Stalker

Post by dragonbait »

I love all three of the Bard's Tale, but since this is a poll, I have to choose one, and I'll have to go with Bard's Tale I (Tales of the Unknown). There are so many awesome things to say about BT1. + Brings back many fun memories. Finding the review board for the first time. Ordering wine at the scarlett bard. Finding a new word to say to the monks at the temple. Walking down the street and having a statue come to life and attack you and then having your party defeat it. Lots of great memories. Not to mention BT1 was the game that first got me into rpg's. Watching my father defeat Mangar when it was waaay past my bedtime and creating my first very own team of adventurers to battle with! :D
chaney
Stalker

Post by chaney »

I would have to pick BTIII. I loved the idea of other lands, times and themes.
Bring on the Dancing Horses!
dragonbait
Stalker

Post by dragonbait »

BT III did had some really cool new areas to go to. + the chronomancer was an interesting character class and was intriguing since I don't know of any other game that have new character classes available to obtain at a point that is after your party has been battling a while (i.e. not at initial character creation point)

hey Chaney, (did the poll work OK?) I mean are you able to choose an option? Just noticed that it only lists my BT1 selection at the moment.
chaney
Stalker

Post by chaney »

I picked but forgot to press submit. It is now official.
Bring on the Dancing Horses!
dragonbait
Stalker

Post by dragonbait »

sweet! score is at 1-0-1

:D
origen
Dark Sidhe Lord

Post by origen »

I voted for BT3 as well. When I was younger, that was the first BT game I ever played, and I have spent years of my life playing that one. It wasn't until later on that I played the first two, but the game I started on would always be the best to me.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
Meanwhile
Green Dragon

Post by Meanwhile »

BT III for me. Geomancer, Chronomancer, Archmages, and now you can have some babes in your party too! Never understood why BT1+2 was a male only environment. I think BT III is the most interesting going through all kinds of areas, but all 3 games were excellent.
Defenders fell, their bane come true, Garth, Roscoe, Kylearan too!
Blkadr
Orker

Post by Blkadr »

1 and 2 I grew up on, but 3 is definitely the best because the characters' names weren't capitalized: JANE, you could actually make them Jane, which is a lot less irritating to look at. Plus there were female pictures to pick from. That made me very very happy, although I still love 1 and 2 due to nostalgia.