Post any topic here, DW related or not.

Moderator: Admin

Growler
Necrolord

Any Mordor players?

Post by Growler »

Anyone played Mordor?

Like to hear any thoughts on it..

I've been playing the old v1.1 public release/free version which is limited in some ways.. it's got some quirks, but kinda fun & the auto-map is really nice.

If anyone decides to try it--make dang sure to give yer dude at least 10 Intel & Wisdom, otherwise, seems like no or few ways to increase your base stats--which is needed.

Think there are some rare Potions which can be found/taken to jack base-stats, but seems I've only found 1 in hours of play, so my main guy (after getting up to around lev 23) is now officially re-tired, dangit. In favor of a young upstarter with the requisite smarts to use 'Tomes' to jack base-stats.

Btw, it's an early Windows game, but seems to be running fine on my XP Pro sys.
No Contraries : No Progression.
Opposition is true friendship, unless one is opposed to true friendship or (try) Resisting here http://www.cafepress.com/notheresistor
jykler
Site Admin

Post by jykler »

hmm. i was playing demise, is mordor from the same co?
-Jykler
Growler
Necrolord

Post by Growler »

think so, I got it via Decklin's site.. Mordor may be an earlier version of Demise..or prequel or such?
Opposition is true friendship, unless one is opposed to true friendship or (try) Resisting here http://www.cafepress.com/notheresistor
dragonbait
Stalker

Post by dragonbait »

Let us know how it is. + maybe i'll pick it up sometime. Like to see some screenshots of it.
jykler
Site Admin

Post by jykler »

demise was fun, of course I can't keep a team alive, but then I never could in BT either so .. hmmm :) I do much better at MMORPG's
-Jykler
dragonbait
Stalker

Post by dragonbait »

OK I tried the demo version of Mordor 1. It is very different from the Devil Whiskey. I can't really describe it exept for that the game consists of a bunch of open windows cluttering your screen. I think I'll pass on this one.
Growler
Necrolord

Post by Growler »

"bunch of open windows cluttering your screen"
yeah, that partly sums it up.. and lots of annoying aspects to it.
it's an older, mid-90's early windows-based game & something about it has been appealing in a limited way for a few hours of near mindlessness. :?

mebe should give Demise a whirl since Jykler said it wuz fun :)