Hello to all .....

Post any topic here, DW related or not.

Moderator: Admin

skip_logic
Townie

Hello to all .....

Post by skip_logic »

Newbie to the site from Downunder....

My Name is Paul , Old skool player of BT on Apple IIc + C64....
Found BT a little while ago on BT online + Playing through Part I now, Noticed DW link on there site , downloaded Demo , Loved it , although crashes alot .... So i am trying to buy box set , just waiting on decklin's reply...
So hi to all ......
jy_blaste
War Monger

Post by jy_blaste »

Hi to Downunder! Enjoying the winter?
Got some family there in Melbourne (spelling?).

I also started off back in '85 with BT on the ol' Commodore 64. What a beauty that was. Switching Disk 1 and 2 all the time. :roll:

Long time ago.....

jy_blaste.
chaney
Stalker

Post by chaney »

Make sure to download the patches, and player made mods at Dragonbait's site http://www.icestorm9999.com/
Have fun-excellent game. See mods page-Origen is using DW engine to do BT1-3, and some DW stuff into 1 mod. Welcome aboard. To the rest of the forum goers(especially Furr-Butt) FRESH MEAT. BWAAAAAA
Bring on the Dancing Horses!
skip_logic
Townie

thanx

Post by skip_logic »

Thanx guys i will try that tonight .....
There Can Be Only One
Growler
Necrolord

Post by Growler »

ahhh... fresh meaty...

but hay, we can be polite for a little while..
before sinking Origen's fangers into ya! :twisted:

Welcome!*

*from the Devilish Whiskers Select Meats Committee to Greet New Bees :P
No Contraries : No Progression.
Opposition is true friendship, unless one is opposed to true friendship or (try) Resisting here http://www.cafepress.com/notheresistor
Domhnall4h
Gnomicron

Post by Domhnall4h »

I started on the C64 as well. Then moved to DOS, which I still have the original disk for.

I have no idea if it still works; I haven't had a 3.5" floppy in a long time. When I built my current computer, I didn't even bother.
http://grimmgames.freeforums.org/index.php

San Angelo... What do you know? Now tell me do you have something to say? Don't get me wrong, I miss my home, and it feels like I'm a million miles away.
jy_blaste
War Monger

Post by jy_blaste »

I kept my 3.5" floppy disks for years...summer games, that good baseball game with the blue and red teams only (before MLB came out, can't remember what it was called, but I almost remember the top 4 batters names)...mission impossible, all those others that I can't even remember. One day about 10 yrs ago, found the box of them and threw the whole thing out (bunch of slow-running garbage in retrospect, except for summer games which was a classic, and sure to break your joystick button every time after only a few months, remember the javelin throw?).

Anyway, good times...
origen
Dark Sidhe Lord

Post by origen »

I loved Hardball. The players themselves didn't actually matter. The first batter (DeSoto on the Blue team, IIRC) was always fast. But, if you moved him to cleanup, he was no longer fast, but could hit homeruns.

I still have my C64 and many disks hooked up, but I have had little time to play them. But I can't just throw them out. That would be such a waste. I think I am going to go play Space Taxi now.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
dragonbait
Stalker

Post by dragonbait »

Hardball! That game was awesome! + it was also the game that Fred Savage was playing during the beginning of the movie "The Princess Bride". I remember playing that. + the worst player of the blue(i think) team was "Moran" + he was so bad we used to call him Moron. That game was a blast to play. + of course so was Summer Games, + Winter Games + all the other of the Games series.
Domhnall4h
Gnomicron

Post by Domhnall4h »

I still have all my 3.5" floppies. Heck, I still have all my 5.25" ones as well, both C64 and DOS ones. I have no idea if the 3.5's work, but the C64 disks no longer do.

Nearly all my old DOS games have been backed up several times on CD's. It's funny, I used to remove those games so I'd have room on the HDD for others, now I have them all on a single disc. Well, about 5 or 6 backups of them, but same difference.

Only 570mb now. I should start hitting abandonware sites for stuff I didn't get copied over.

San Angelo... What do you know? Now tell me do you have something to say? Don't get me wrong, I miss my home, and it feels like I'm a million miles away.
jy_blaste
War Monger

Post by jy_blaste »

Hardball!!! Yup, that's the one - lot's of good hours wasted on that one. Fabulous game for the time and never played another baseball software game since. Can't believe that you remember DeSoto's name. That's hillarious -brings back lots of memories. What were the other first four batter's names? Was one James or Jones or something like that?

Dom, it was the 5.25 disks I was talking about that I threw out 10 yrs ago, not the 3.25's. Funny huh? Those things barely held any data, and the 5.25 separate disk drive was a real piece of work.

Too bad I didn't keep them, not! Didn't know that there would be a thing called ebay where you could sell something like that for a whole $8 and have to watch day and night for 7 days for bids over $2. :lol:
Domhnall4h
Gnomicron

Post by Domhnall4h »

$8? Who'd pay $8? Those 5.25's weren't much to start, really. But, I guess they were cheap to make, and easier to store. Until the 1.44mb 3.5 disks came out, rendering them less than useless.

Though I have seen original, opened copies of some games go for ridiculous amounts of money. I saw an original DOS copy of Champions of Krynn go for over $700 once. I have an original, boxed copy as well, but I doubt it still works. Even have the clue book, as well as the rule book and journal. It's ridiculous what some people will pay for something easily obtained in a usable form. I've found several Gold Box collections floating around for sale fairly cheap; and the install works in Windows, as I can attest.

jy_blaste
War Monger

Post by jy_blaste »

The $8 post was referring to the disk drive, or the whole C64 for that matter :)

I'd be luck if I could get a 10 cent bid for a 5.25 disk :)
Domhnall4h
Gnomicron

Post by Domhnall4h »

LOL. The C64 might go for $20 to a collector. Disk drive alone, probably $5.

skip_logic
Townie

Post by skip_logic »

Hi again guys , Does any one know anywhere else i can get DW box set , I have had no reply in two weeks from " [email protected] "
I would really like to buy this game , I've even got my girl hooked on BT , now she has played DW and every day she's asked has decklin replyed yet ...... Its killing me .... I need DW .......

Any help would be greatly appreciated........ Thx
There Can Be Only One