Hello to all .....

Post any topic here, DW related or not.

Moderator: Admin

dragonbait
Stalker

Post by dragonbait »

You might want to try
"[email protected]"

Seems Decklin updated part of his site on June 17 of this year with that email so maybe he uses it more than the other email. Maybe. :?

+ I believe he's the only one that has the rights to distribute the game.
skip_logic
Townie

Post by skip_logic »

Much appreciated .... I will try tomorrow...... Thx :D
There Can Be Only One
Growler
Necrolord

Post by Growler »

I'd say if it gets to the point that folks can no longer Purchase DW, then we should try to figure some alternative out.. anyone know how to 'opensource' the game?

Hope it works out soon, Skip!
For the sake of your g/f to booty ;)
No Contraries : No Progression.
Opposition is true friendship, unless one is opposed to true friendship or (try) Resisting here http://www.cafepress.com/notheresistor
Domhnall4h
Gnomicron

Post by Domhnall4h »

Getting out freely is no problem for one with evil intent, growler. In fact, somewhere out there you can already find DW for free, more than likely. You can download games not out quite yet, why would one released since '04 be any different?

One can disassemble the engine, and get the code, but then you'd lose out on all the comments, and so on and so forth... it'd be a technical mess. There's a group who has done so with the World of Xeen engine, with the desire to port WoX to the DS.
http://grimmgames.freeforums.org/index.php

San Angelo... What do you know? Now tell me do you have something to say? Don't get me wrong, I miss my home, and it feels like I'm a million miles away.
dragonbait
Stalker

Post by dragonbait »

hmmm. well I hope people can still purchase the game. Hopefully Decklin will get things going and keep making the merchandise available. I checked Amazon and Ebay to see if there were any there but there were none. I'm pretty sure Decklin had a storefront on one of the two with Devil Whiskey at one point. Maybe his supply ran out. + Maybe we should send a PM to Jykler. Maybe she knows something. On a side note, when this game does finally become "abandoned" I have a nice place for it on my site.
skip_logic
Townie

Yeah Baby

Post by skip_logic »

Thanx for the email guys .... Ive been in contact and have recevied the BOX SET today ..... Very Happy indeed ....... It only took 3 days to get to OZ ........
There Can Be Only One
origen
Dark Sidhe Lord

Post by origen »

Glad to hear it. Enjoy the game.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
jy_blaste
War Monger

Post by jy_blaste »

yes, enjoy the game, and we expect to hear all about your valiant quests and noble party...LOL :roll: enjoy
Domhnall4h
Gnomicron

Post by Domhnall4h »

That, or we expect to hear of you complaining that as you reached level 30, you hard drive gave out and died.

I've had two do that this past week. One which I recieved this past week. :P Lost a level 30 party, as well as the most up-to-date version of my own cRPG's design doc. .

San Angelo... What do you know? Now tell me do you have something to say? Don't get me wrong, I miss my home, and it feels like I'm a million miles away.
chaney
Stalker

Post by chaney »

What are you designing?
Bring on the Dancing Horses!
Domhnall4h
Gnomicron

Post by Domhnall4h »

A ..... (wait for it)...
GAME!

Boggles the mind, don't it?

Specifically, I'm working on a cRPG. No, not like Bard's Tale either; in actual fact there's only a small part inspired by BT mechanically, and that's the Bardic Magic system. The plot/world/setting and such has a few references to BT I and II, but it also has references to Ghostbusters, Might and Magic, Wizardry, and a few dozen more influences of mine. Mostly, I want to see if anyone can catch all of them.

Sadly, I lost about 10 pages plus a revised combat and magic system. Maybe; I'm hoping that when Newegg decides to send me a working HDD (first one came in DOA) I can make the old one work long enough to recover the design doc. Since I'm lazy, I only have one doc, which includes everything.

Not a huge deal, since I have a photographic memory; and the biggest modification was reorganizing the doc and rewriting areas for clarity; but still it's annoying to have to rewrite everything.

Plus I'm without a compiler to play with either; since I'm stuck using a Linux live CD to access the internet. I'm also without my bookmarks, which I had a lot of research materials saved which I based a number of mechanical and setting aspects on.

Blkadr
Orker

Post by Blkadr »

So you're designing a game? And you have a photographic memory? I kept getting my arse kicked on Ghostbusters when I slid down the rope and tried to scoop the slime from the.... sorry. I know you've played this one. I just couldn't get past it.
Domhnall4h
Gnomicron

Post by Domhnall4h »

Yep. In fact, there's a remake for Windows if you wanna try again.

I was able to get past the first level on the C64, a few times. Never in Windows though. Never got past Level 2, which is the Statue of Liberty.

And yes I'm designing a game.