Cyber Squatter on the old icestorm9999 site

Post any topic here, DW related or not.

Moderator: Admin

dragonbait
Stalker

Cyber Squatter on the old icestorm9999 site

Post by dragonbait »

Some of you may have found that some swordbinding Cyber Squatter has apparently bought up the old icestorm9999.com site and is now redirecting all image requests going towards icestorm9999 to display an image of the squatters choosing. Mostly it has displayed spam for shopwiki.com. Now it seems it has updated its spam to display an anti-SOPA image. At least the squatter at least has 1 good intention.

See a sample of what its doing now.

I am in the process of removing all the old links to icestorm9999, however the search feature on the DW forums does not find all image links to the old site. If anyone finds spam images coming from KZ.AM/ please post them here so I can locate and remove it. Thanks.
Last edited by dragonbait on Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dragonbait
Stalker

Post by dragonbait »

Apparently the word F*'ing = Swordbinding here on the DW forums
Growler
Necrolord

Post by Growler »

Be cool if F*ing = Sw*rdbinding. ;)

Reckon that Cybersquatter has a heart of...platinum??
SOPA does seem like a potential Internet-killa.. & while it's back-burnered for now--just wait, it'll rear its oogly swordbindering head again soon..tho with a different name and slipped in with an otherwise popular bill.

Such is the ever-widening gyre of history.
No Contraries : No Progression.
Opposition is true friendship, unless one is opposed to true friendship or (try) Resisting here http://www.cafepress.com/notheresistor
dragonbait
Stalker

Post by dragonbait »

Yeah. SOPA really sucks arse. Seems like a bill thought up by a bunch of people that probably don't even know how to use the internet.

Still...it doesn't make the squatter any less evil, using the old site for spamming purposes. If I find any more of these old link images I'll remove them on spot.
Growler
Necrolord

Post by Growler »

Agreed. Spamming is swordblinding wrong.

Sad + worrisome spam apparently works well enough to encourage folks to continue dreaming up new and unusual ways to propagate it.

Gotta be a better way to live off the phat of the land, eh? :?
No Contraries : No Progression.
Opposition is true friendship, unless one is opposed to true friendship or (try) Resisting here http://www.cafepress.com/notheresistor