GAME SUGGESTIONS

Post any topic here, DW related or not.

Moderator: Admin

The Wombat
War Monger

GAME SUGGESTIONS

Post by The Wombat »

NOTICE

The forums don't have a "Requests to the developers" actual section as such, so I'll risk the wrath of the Gods of Gaming themslves by instigating a thread expressly for that purpose alone. Bear in mind that problems that are likely to be 'bugs' are best dealt with in the respective Technical Help sections. Also, this is for "whole-of-game" functions. Suggestions regarding specific levels or quests, etc, MUST be dealt with in the spoiler sections. One final thing. Keep it positive. This is not the whinger's weekly, nor is it a wenchin' session. That way, the dev's are more likely to take notice. Thank you.

(Perhaps one of the nice Moderators could sticky this for me.)
"What kind of person WRITES a maniacal laugh?" -- Maskerade.
The Wombat
War Monger

Post by The Wombat »

Any takers? No? Ok, I'll start then.

It kinda bugs me that whether you're creeping around some tomb or walking around in bright sunshine, a monster group will attack and the background in the monster pic is all wrong for the terrain you are in.

Here's the suggestion: Instead of replacing the View pic with the monster pic, overlay the monster pic on top of the View pic BUT with all the background part of each frame in the monster pic set to transparant, so the monster appears to move into your field of view. It may even be possible to stack multiple monster units this way in order of distance, to provide a better feel visualy for the nature of the combat.
Growler
Necrolord

Post by Growler »

Anyone remember the old Zork adventures games?

One of their ad-slogans was, "We stick our graphics where the sun don't shine" (below text is pic of a brain)

And in terms of raw gameplay, I still think it's hard to beat the original Wizardry: Proving Ground(s) of the Mad Overlord--even tho' its graphics (on the Apple II at least) were slight wireframes... so I'm torn between enjoying highly representational graphics vs. my own hairy imagination.

But good suggestion if the devs are interested in expandingraphics..
No Contraries : No Progression.
Opposition is true friendship, unless one is opposed to true friendship or (try) Resisting here http://www.cafepress.com/notheresistor
The Wombat
War Monger

Post by The Wombat »

Yeah, I'm trying to keep it fairly simple and in spirit with everything, just an improvement.
Just like DW is an inprovement on BT, rather than just a clone.

The last thing we want or need is yet another bloody FPS!
Blkadr
Orker

Post by Blkadr »

How come you kill the same flea- and lice-infested townies and the same guys come back to harass you a minute later? Maybe there's just not a big gene pool in town...

Might I suggest replacing the same townie pic with random guests from Jerry Springer? Keeps it in context, plus a lot more accurate methinks. :D
HGamer
War Monger

Post by HGamer »

Add more weather (rain, wind, thunder & lightning) to outside.
Add more clouds textures (various amounts of scattered clouds, not just clear blue or completely overcast), add moon & stars to night sky.
But allow options to disable this new stuff for those whose video & audio can't handle it, or don't want it.

Add stick figure graphics mode for Growler. :wink:
1 point 21 jigawatts!
Domhnall4h
Gnomicron

Post by Domhnall4h »

Dragon Wars overlayed monster pics on top of the view. The Gold box games also showed a pic at times if the munsters were at a distance (up close it was a black background close up shot) over the view before shifting to the tactical map. However, with DW already running at the upper end of more users' computers' capabilities, that may be too much for the engine.
http://grimmgames.freeforums.org/index.php

San Angelo... What do you know? Now tell me do you have something to say? Don't get me wrong, I miss my home, and it feels like I'm a million miles away.
The Wombat
War Monger

Post by The Wombat »

Stick figuires wih oversize genitals was Growlers actual request I believe.

One more minor gripe :

One of the fight sound tracks has a very heavy bass component to it. While I like the actual track (I think it is the best one), it means that the track plays much louder that the others if you have a really decent sub. Having the volume set at a level that is comfortable for the other tracks results in the floorboards shaking with this one. Not a good thing to happen at 11 pm when everyone else is trying to sleep.

Not sure what the best way of handling this one is but hey, the devs can't do anything about it if no-one tells them, can they?
Growler
Necrolord

Post by Growler »

Hey, let's jest stick with normal-sized reproductive organelles, if that's ok with you folk from down under :twisted:
On the other hand, as it were, oversized 'ones' would be more accurate for a Growler 8)

Not sure what the devs can do right away, but you could make everyone else within range of yer sub move away (esp. if you cranked that track!), or the more socially acceptable approach might be to turn the volume down when thatrack kicks in..
Opposition is true friendship, unless one is opposed to true friendship or (try) Resisting here http://www.cafepress.com/notheresistor
The Wombat
War Monger

Post by The Wombat »

Ah! But the reaction time, the reaction time!
Growler
Necrolord

Post by Growler »

Yeah, that's the hand-eye-coordination aspect of the game! :P
Blkadr
Orker

Post by Blkadr »

I still want the music on cd... has to be a way to do that specially for me! Don't have anybody to bother here. Would serve the cats right playing it full blast since they wake me up in the middle of the night turning the radio on.
Growler
Necrolord

Post by Growler »

A CD would be nice & good payback for those pesky, late-nite jazz-luvin' cats!

They should also sell a calendar featuring the "Babes o' Orkney/Devil Whiskey". Has anyone bought a t-shirt from their CafePress connection? If it were practical to offer a variety of images from the game (like the Gnomicron) on a tee, I'd get one.
Domhnall4h
Gnomicron

Post by Domhnall4h »

I don't even want to know what you'd be doing with a "Babe's o' Orkney/DW" calender.
http://grimmgames.freeforums.org/index.php

San Angelo... What do you know? Now tell me do you have something to say? Don't get me wrong, I miss my home, and it feels like I'm a million miles away.
Growler
Necrolord

Post by Growler »

uh, Hello...I'd be getting a bunch of red-hot dates...duh-uh.

:roll: