Interview with Michael Cranford (Bard's Tale programmer)

Post any topic here, DW related or not.

Moderator: Admin

dragonbait
Stalker

Interview with Michael Cranford (Bard's Tale programmer)

Post by dragonbait »

Got questions for Michael Cranford? (developer/programmer of Bard's Tale I + II, Centauri Alliance)

Crooked Bee will be interviewing Michael Cranford so if you have anything you want to ask him, you can post at the RPG Codex thread listed below.

http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.ph ... st-2737952
dragonbait
Stalker

Post by dragonbait »

Some frigging moderator at the rpg codex deleted the post there, but I got a response from Crooked Bee that Michael Cranford was still in contact and that hopefully an interview might happen this month or shortly afterwards. Keeping fingers crossed.
dragonbait
Stalker

Post by dragonbait »

And now, here is Crooked Bee's interview with Michael Cranford on Bard's Tale, Interplay, and Centauri Alliance.
http://www.rpgcodex.net/content.php?id=9163
yarow12
Nomad

Post by yarow12 »

That was an interesting read.
I would like to see him lead a Kickstarter one day for a spiritual successor to The Bard's Tale 2.

I myself have been hardcore at points, but in the final equation, bringing joy to the greatest number of people is more rewarding than providing a virtual life for the few. More rewarding personally and spiritually, as well as financially. -Michael Cranford
dragonbait
Stalker

Post by dragonbait »

yarow12 wrote:That was an interesting read.
I would like to see him lead a Kickstarter one day for a spiritual successor to The Bard's Tale 2.

I myself have been hardcore at points, but in the final equation, bringing joy to the greatest number of people is more rewarding than providing a virtual life for the few. More rewarding personally and spiritually, as well as financially. -Michael Cranford
Me too. I want to see a Michael Cranford programmed Bard's Tale "style" game more than any other game. It doesn't even need to be Bard's Tale. A centauri alliance sequel or even a new game of it's own would be amazing!

I'd also like to see a Burger Bill/Becky programmed Bard's Tale "style" game.

I have the feeling that we won't be seeing either of the two, but these are the 2 most important things that I would like to see.

To make either happen, I suppose that they both would likely need to ditch the "Bard's Tale" name, due to copyright/legal issues and create something of their own.

Honestly it really does not matter to me what it is called. If it is made by either of these two, it would likely be gold. I'm writing my letter to Santa now. 8)
Growler
Necrolord

Post by Growler »

Any recent news?
I went on the forum you suggested (some time ag, DB) and posted wanting some old-skool aspects..
No Contraries : No Progression.
Opposition is true friendship, unless one is opposed to true friendship or (try) Resisting here http://www.cafepress.com/notheresistor