Toolkit and Action Editor

Post any topic here, DW related or not.

Moderator: Admin

origen
Dark Sidhe Lord

Toolkit and Action Editor

Post by origen »

I am doing some work with the action editor, and it brought up some questions.

1. Will there be a fixed version of the action editor? I know the devs have a lot of delays, but for modding purposes, not being able to make a Thaumaturgist spell is a little annoying, and I am sure a simple fix.

2. What is the difference between being Aged and Withered? Is there a difference?

3. Will there be a toolkit update as well? Any of the mods that are created will not work with the actual game if they create monsters and/or items, because everything that was added at a later time will not be there.
ShadoKnight
Nomad

Post by ShadoKnight »

I can only answer one of your questions (the other two need to be answered by the powers that be at SSS)...

Aged is much more debilitating than withered. Basically, it's like this:

Aged) You're instantly 90 years old. Your effective stats all drop to very low values, and as a result you have poor defense, poor damage base, and are very slow. You're old!

Withered) One of your arms has withered into a stump. Your strength drops, but most of your other stats don't change all that much. It also cheaper to heal.

SK
origen
Dark Sidhe Lord

Post by origen »

Makes sense. Thanks. :D
origen
Dark Sidhe Lord

Post by origen »

Another question about the action editor, which I can't remember if I asked already. Is it possible to add a monster attack that will only affect the first 4 characters? If you set it as a skill for Melee range, it can attack any of your 8 characters, regardless of where they are.
ShadoKnight
Nomad

Post by ShadoKnight »

... I can't say for sure, 'cause I don't remember, but I don't think it's possible. As far as I can remember, the 'only hits the first four' code is in the attack skill itself, it's not supported in the generic skill/spell interface.

SK

(Mark it up as an oversight on my part ;-) )
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Origen -
I'm not sure what can be done, but we can start with a list of issues with the current toolkit ;)

Thanks!
ralphtrickey
Townie

Re: Toolkit and Action Editor

Post by ralphtrickey »

origen wrote:I am doing some work with the action editor, and it brought up some questions.

1. Will there be a fixed version of the action editor? I know the devs have a lot of delays, but for modding purposes, not being able to make a Thaumaturgist spell is a little annoying, and I am sure a simple fix.

2. What is the difference between being Aged and Withered? Is there a difference?

3. Will there be a toolkit update as well? Any of the mods that are created will not work with the actual game if they create monsters and/or items, because everything that was added at a later time will not be there.
I've got a copy of a modified action editor. Let me know your email, and I'll send it to you. I'm not sure what you mean about the thaumaturge spell, but it does fox some problems with resistance.
HGamer
War Monger

Post by HGamer »

Ralph, Origen noticed that if you try to create a Thaumaturgist spell, it won't keep the Thaumaturge flag.
1 point 21 jigawatts!
ralphtrickey
Townie

Post by ralphtrickey »

HGamer wrote:Ralph, Origen noticed that if you try to create a Thaumaturgist spell, it won't keep the Thaumaturge flag.
I'll see what I can do. I may some changes to fix some other things with the editor, so it may have been fixed already.
origen
Dark Sidhe Lord

Post by origen »

Not that I would think any devs are still around, but I can't get my action editor to work at all now on my reformatted computer. So, if there is a modified version somewhere, I want it.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
dragonbait
Stalker

Post by dragonbait »

Where is this action editor? I see where the actions.dat file is but no action editor. Was this on a separate download than the DW tools? Cause If so I never got one.
origen
Dark Sidhe Lord

Post by origen »

It was a completely separate download, which I do not believe is no longer available, ever since the site first crashed. I do have a copy, somewhere. I will see if I can dig it up.
dragonbait
Stalker

Post by dragonbait »

That'd be great if you have it. Thanks.
origen
Dark Sidhe Lord

Post by origen »

I did find it. I have nowhere to post it now, so if you want me to email you, just pm me your address.
dragonbait
Stalker

Post by dragonbait »

Awesome!! :D

I just sent you my email in a PM. Thanks for sending this!