Demo keeps crashing

Tech Support for Devil Whiskey DEMO ONLY. Please post troubleshooting or bugs here.

Moderator: Admin

ruduran
Townie

Demo keeps crashing

Post by ruduran »

AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3200+ 2.00 GHZ
1GB RAM
AC97 Realtek Sound
NVIDIA GeForce FX 5700LE
Windows XP home edition

Direct X option for sound and video on.
Non window mode.

Keeps crashing when purchasing equipment and sometimes in taverns.
Comes up with Windows XP has encounter an error.

Thinking of purchasing the full version if this gets resolved.
Hint, hint :wink:

Your help will be greatly appreciated. :)
HGamer
War Monger

Post by HGamer »

Please read the other topics for suggestions on things to try, such as up-to-date drivers, video settings, starting from command line, etc.
1 point 21 jigawatts!
ashario

Post by ashario »

HGamer wrote:Please read the other topics for suggestions on things to try, such as up-to-date drivers, video settings, starting from command line, etc.
Hi all

The demo also keeps crashing for me. Whenever I encounter the city guards in the town ("Halt! we know you have been snooping around") the game crashes before the picture of the guards is displayed.

I have played around heaps with the game settings with no luck. Anyone have any tips about how to diagnose this? This is pretty much the only game that consistently crashes for me and I have all the latest drivers.

I'm really enjoying the demo other than the crash. Is there any info anywhere about running the game from the command line or anything? I looked in the forums and couldnt find any specific info. Perhaps a FAQ about diagnosing and fixing problems?

THanks
Lael

Post by Lael »

I have exactly the same problem , demo crash when the guards appears , any solutions? latest drivers for everything in the pc too and only game crashing..
Eddie

Post by Eddie »

Try out older driver versions for your video cards.
xyph

Post by xyph »

ashario wrote:
HGamer wrote:Please read the other topics for suggestions on things to try, such as up-to-date drivers, video settings, starting from command line, etc.
Hi all

The demo also keeps crashing for me. Whenever I encounter the city guards in the town ("Halt! we know you have been snooping around") the game crashes before the picture of the guards is displayed. (snip)
Likewise - I was about to buy this (as a BT addict from way back), until I started getting crashes on the townguards. I've also had crashes during rests. I've tried all the obvious combinations of config settings, and I don't see any other topics in this forum listing things to try. It's very consistent - if I rest for an hour outside in the town, I'll crash on the 3rd or 4th set of townguards, at the moment I hit space to proceed to the fight.

I'm running it on a Duron 900 with 512mb ram, patched XP Home SP2, and a NVidia GeForce 4 Ti4200. I really don't want to go downgrading video drivers, given that I updated them for other software.
icetear
Townie

Same here

Post by icetear »

Anybody out there who solved the crashing issue on his/her own?
I am testing on a DELL Inspiron 9300 Notebook by now, and there ain't much hope on using older graphic drivers for me... any clue would be very appreciated.

Thanks
Ice
Growler
Necrolord

Post by Growler »

I would Not rec'd using older drivers--that's just asking for more trouble & may introduce new system-wide issues related to file version conflicts, etc.

Don't recall folks getting these sorts of demo-crashes until (I think) the demo was updated last year (from ver2.0 to 2.01), so possibly related to that. Not sure what to suggest other than try to find an earlier version of the demo?
No Contraries : No Progression.
Opposition is true friendship, unless one is opposed to true friendship or (try) Resisting here http://www.cafepress.com/notheresistor