Paladin SP Regeneration

Tech Support for Devil Whiskey DEMO ONLY. Please post troubleshooting or bugs here.

Moderator: Admin

HGamer
War Monger

Paladin SP Regeneration

Post by HGamer »

It seems that the Paladin, as the only Wisdom-based spell-casting class, is being gypped out of the Spell Point regeneration bonus thingies that the Arcanists and Elementalists get.
- No known items to regenerate SP available to a Paladin, right? Arcanists and Elementalists have the Mage Hood.
- Tried playing Branigan March or Gnome Hollow outside combat, and Paladin's SP doesn't change while inside dungeon or at night during the duration of the song, even if resting. Or when clock goes to another hour.
- Has anyone been able to get Gnome Hollow to regenerate SP as advertised during combat?
- While outside in daylight, Paladin gets +1 SP per hour. Arcs & Elems get much more than that, probably due to the Mage Hood, and get SP at night as well. Paladin gets nothing at night.
Am I off-base on any of these? I haven't checked them all with the 2.01 patch, but the readme file doesn't mention any changes in this area.
1 point 21 jigawatts!
ralphtrickey
Townie

Re: Paladin SP Regeneration

Post by ralphtrickey »

HGamer wrote:It seems that the Paladin, as the only Wisdom-based spell-casting class, is being gypped out of the Spell Point regeneration bonus thingies that the Arcanists and Elementalists get.
- No known items to regenerate SP available to a Paladin, right? Arcanists and Elementalists have the Mage Hood.
- Tried playing Branigan March or Gnome Hollow outside combat, and Paladin's SP doesn't change while inside dungeon or at night during the duration of the song, even if resting. Or when clock goes to another hour.
- Has anyone been able to get Gnome Hollow to regenerate SP as advertised during combat?
- While outside in daylight, Paladin gets +1 SP per hour. Arcs & Elems get much more than that, probably due to the Mage Hood, and get SP at night as well. Paladin gets nothing at night.
Am I off-base on any of these? I haven't checked them all with the 2.01 patch, but the readme file doesn't mention any changes in this area.
Probably not fixed in the patch. I'll look into it. The best idea is probably to nerf the mage hood <evil grin> Everyone then can blame HGamer for that :lol:

I don't know about for the patch, but something will definitely be done for the expansion pack.
Growler
Necrolord

Post by Growler »

..Oh NO! -My Mage's are all exposed!! :shock:
(like the Dark Rogues & Sidhe-Lords)

HGamer! :evil:

Basically agree with HG 'bout Pala's gittin' gypped, but there might be a case made that since they're a combo-class of Cleric & Fighter, that their clerical (?!) powers be limited in various ways. Also, they suk at sorting files.
No Contraries : No Progression.
Opposition is true friendship, unless one is opposed to true friendship or (try) Resisting here http://www.cafepress.com/notheresistor
ralphtrickey
Townie

Post by ralphtrickey »

Well, I took a look at the code, and as far as I can tell, the pally should get the same regen rates everyone else does. Can someone double-check and see if without any equipment, if everyone is the same?
Olias
Nomad

Post by Olias »

regen rates MAY be based on IQ while starting and level pts are based on WI...?

I didn't read the whole post, but the Paladin does not have any regen items, yet the Mages have Mage Staffs and mage Hoods.

Personally I don't see it as a jip. The Paladin has the most powerful healing and repel undead spells AND can wear most armor and use most weapons. Their should be a slight deficit in comparison to Mages. The holy power comes at a price and the Divine power is not accessible every second of the day.

IMHO.. I don't like the Perfect Long Swords or perfect any items. they are too easy to make and basically invalidate all other weapons. They are wayyyyy too powerful and that discourages diversity and therefore game replay.

Now DO check out the most recent beta patch as it does balance some of the arms race issues by raising the bar on the higher quality heavy weapons (Dwarven-Star items)
Ziusudra
Black Claw

Post by Ziusudra »

Olias wrote:Personally I don't see it as a jip. The Paladin has the most powerful healing and repel undead spells AND can wear most armor and use most weapons. Their should be a slight deficit in comparison to Mages. The holy power comes at a price and the Divine power is not accessible every second of the day.
In my blathering opinion, I don't see it as a jip, either. It actually does make a kind of sense--in a lot of folktale/legend/fantasy stories, there are "oppositions" of a sort between Divine and Magical power. The one is based on another personality, that of the deity invoked, and the second is based on a sort of mystical version of physics--you learn the proper rules and can manipulate things just as a scientist might in a laboratory. I am pleased that the game sort of "reinforces" the diffs between different classes.
Nuwa wadar-ma ekkatani. Nuwa sinda-on ezzatani.
Olias
Nomad

Post by Olias »

There is a new item coming soon which helps the Pali
Growler
Necrolord

Post by Growler »

Hey, a real teaser includes mo' info than that! :?
:P
Opposition is true friendship, unless one is opposed to true friendship or (try) Resisting here http://www.cafepress.com/notheresistor
Ziusudra
Black Claw

Not a teaser, but a "tee, sir."

Post by Ziusudra »

It ain't a teaser (he said grammatically), but a way to "tee" interest, sir. Just a beginning.

Anything what can help a pal be a better pal to his/her party is partly perfection for my part, pal...

Yeah, I'm back. Try not to get too sick.
Nuwa wadar-ma ekkatani. Nuwa sinda-on ezzatani.
Growler
Necrolord

Post by Growler »

Z, welcome back :P

..figured some mythical pal had carted ye off on a pallet..or something. :wink:

btw, watch your snail-male for a brown pack aged to resistant perfection.. 8)