Where do the saved games live in Linux?

Tech Support for Devil Whiskey DEMO ONLY. Please post troubleshooting or bugs here.

Moderator: Admin

phunni
Nomad

Where do the saved games live in Linux?

Post by phunni »

I've been playing the demo in windows, but have finally got it for Linux, which is where I ultimately want to play it. But can I copy my windows savegame across? If so where do I put it?
Growler
Necrolord

Post by Growler »

Funny that ye ask...not sure, but seems you would put it under the same directory as in your Windows version?? Try & see? Then let us know how the experiment turns out :P

I would imagine the devs would want to keep the 2 vers (Win/Lin) as sim as possible...and that the savegame file would be compatible w/ both.

It would be kinda cool & really help a lot of folks if there was an option to 'import' a saved game...it could look in the most likely directory/s first, then prompt for alt-dir if necessary?? User could do a file search if need be for their particular save-game file.
No Contraries : No Progression.
Opposition is true friendship, unless one is opposed to true friendship or (try) Resisting here http://www.cafepress.com/notheresistor
phunni
Nomad

Post by phunni »

I figured it out - it's not the same as windows. There is a directory called something like .dwDemo in your home directory amd the save games go in there. It's possible that the file got corrupted but the file doesn't seem to work in Linux - the different save games may not be compatible...
Growler
Necrolord

Post by Growler »

Glad ya figured it out, but too bad the Win/Lin savefiles (apparently) aren't compatible..
Opposition is true friendship, unless one is opposed to true friendship or (try) Resisting here http://www.cafepress.com/notheresistor
phunni
Nomad

Post by phunni »

It kind of almost works, but some spells/songs dissapeared from my characters - perha[s they are not in both versions. Also using one of the f keys to select certain characters caused the game to crash - but it doesn't in a new game started in Linux.

BTW - does anyone know a way of skipping the intro in the Linux demo?
Growler
Necrolord

Post by Growler »

Generally, try 'ESC' or 'Spacebar' or 'Enter' or one of the Function keys... don't know if any of these'll work with the DW Linux intro...you've likely already tried 'em.