uncomplete demo download

Tech Support for Devil Whiskey DEMO ONLY. Please post troubleshooting or bugs here.

Moderator: Admin

Nink
Townie

uncomplete demo download

Post by Nink »

Heya, recently downloaded the DWDemo from megagames.com. it's missing a few files one being jpeg.dll and some other lib.dll, I forget the full name. wondering if there is a place I can download these files or if I should try to download the entire demo over again.

thx in advance
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Yes you are right. We moved the complete file to a different server and didn't refresh the old location.

It should be ready by midnight.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

http://bardslegacy.net/demo/

Try here as well. We'll leave this here until Weds. night.
Nink
Townie

Post by Nink »

ah brilliant! looking forward to playing this game after what I've read. I haven't found many great games but this one sounds pretty good; DIFFERENT at least. God knows im tired of the same ol' genre.
Nink
Townie

the r. palace

Post by Nink »

heya, every time I try to enter this palace my game just shuts down. no unknown error, nothing..it just closes. this a demo limitation ?
Growler
Necrolord

Post by Growler »

I just tried same thing (entering the Palace) & got same result as Nink..game completely shuts down/disappears right after hitting 'Y' for Yeah, wanna enter the Palacial Locale..

May be wrong, but seem to recall that the Palace was off-limits in Demo version out a year ago, but it didn't shut down game--just barred entry..
(or mebe ya could enter, but it was just a single small room with hard fights for youngish party?)

Nink, what sorta crew ya running? :)
No Contraries : No Progression.
Opposition is true friendship, unless one is opposed to true friendship or (try) Resisting here http://www.cafepress.com/notheresistor
Nink
Townie

Post by Nink »

heya. usin a 6 year old dell. nothin fancy..

p3 600mhz 32 meg nvidia viperv770
512 ram.

planned on upgrading soon, but now that I hear about dualcore processors coming out in 07-08, I think i'll be waiting.
vfrey
Townie

Re: the r. palace

Post by vfrey »

Nink wrote:heya, every time I try to enter this palace my game just shuts down.
I just had the same experience... :shock:
origen
Dark Sidhe Lord

Post by origen »

Okay, here is what you need to do to enter the palace.

Using any test program (Notepad, Word, etc), open up the file called pal1.cfg, which is located in the maps folder.

Currently, line 11 reads:

Code: Select all

Charm_Darts 2
Replace that line with this:

Code: Select all

Charm_Darts_(20) 2
That should do it.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
Nink
Townie

Post by Nink »

thats it? it worked. thank you. I hope you didn't have to run over too many lines of code to figure it out.
Growler
Necrolord

Post by Growler »

Good catch, Origen..

Does it seem like there should be some 'error-trapping routines' (or whatever* it's called these daze) to automatically catch/trap this sort of error--so the prog doesn't just totally crap out??
Ideally, it'd respond by simply kicking ya back to the previous 'stable' state/position with some sort of relevant message.

*..ah, they're called Origenicode-catching Routines.. 8)
No Contraries : No Progression.
Opposition is true friendship, unless one is opposed to true friendship or (try) Resisting here http://www.cafepress.com/notheresistor
origen
Dark Sidhe Lord

Post by origen »

It actually didn't take me too long. The first thing I did was check the capitalization on all the files that were involved, as that would cause a problem, as well. Then, I first eliminated all of the items, and I was able to get in fine. In this case, I happened to remember that the Charm Darts need to have a value next to it (a problem I had encountered many times on the Bard's Tale mod). I tried it, and it worked. :D
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.