Level cap?

General Discussion of the DEMO game ONLY please. Do not post spoilers here.

Moderator: Admin

Huck
Townie

Level cap?

Post by Huck »

Please tell me you can get to at least level 13 so you can try out the level 2 promotion skills.
Growler
Necrolord

Post by Growler »

Didn't you just spend 18 clams for that awful Brittany CD??
Well, for a limited time (thru May 1st--then Origen kicks off the apocalypse), you can spend same # o' clams for some add'l Quality time actually (ok, virtually for those sans imagineering) inside the Blessed Isles o' Brittany.. :wink: ..or, mebe it's inside Ork..ney--YIKES !:shock:!

C'mon. As Origen or one of the other Horsemen of the Apocalyso has infamously stated: "JBtDGA!" (aka, Just buy the dang game already!)

Can't recall fersure if you can actually achieve lev 13 in demo, but here's a couple of (it seems :?) conflicting quotes:

from DW website "The Demo has one Quest, town exploration and all features up until player level 12."

& from Cnet download site:
"Limitations: One subquest, cap at level 13"

if you're short this month the full 18 clams, then Origen has kindly offered to 'kick in' whatever it takes so that his glory shall be over awe...something along those crookedy lions!

(betcha 18 silver dollars O-man comes along shortly & poses the infernal/eternal question, "why are we even having this discussion?")
No Contraries : No Progression.
Opposition is true friendship, unless one is opposed to true friendship or (try) Resisting here http://www.cafepress.com/notheresistor
HGamer
War Monger

Post by HGamer »

I seem to recall being able to get to level 13 in the demo, but not being able to do Path advancement. I know that some of the stores were disabled as well. But I last played the demo when multi-celled organisms were the latest thing.
1 point 21 jigawatts!
Huck
Townie

Post by Huck »

I actually did wind up getting to level 13, and my psi-knight was promoted. I was able to get to level 13 alarmingly fast just through random encounters in the streets. Soloing probably had a lot to do with it.

Anyway, I really want to like this game, but the city seems so lifeless and lacks character. What is the wilderness like?
Growler
Necrolord

Post by Growler »

Yep, a strong solo char can level-up fast...have you tried any other classes?

Sure the city seems sparse/lifeless in the demo because most locales & NPC's are restricted; full game should keep your psi-knight busy & entertained!
(you did follow the tips, etc leading to the 'cloak' dungeon, eh? ~that's the one available dungeon in the demo)

The wilderness is big & sparse, but does have several quests/dungeons scattered about (5~6). Think the idea for making the wilderness so big was to offer modders plenty of room to develop..
No Contraries : No Progression.
Opposition is true friendship, unless one is opposed to true friendship or (try) Resisting here http://www.cafepress.com/notheresistor
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

We appreaciate your comments and we aim to listen and work on making this game better.

The Yeod
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

PLEASE go here and cast your vote for the game...
http://www.avault.com/pcrl/demo_temp.as ... vilwhiskey

We need some help I think. The votes cast don't call for accountability, so maybe when I made my last date's boyfriend(oops) mad, he and a bunch of his blokes could have bum rushed any ratings sites. A likely story BUT....

The votes don't require someone to stand behind it and verbally support their judgement.

We don't expect to have all votes avg to 100, but certainly more is due ;)

http://www.avault.com/pcrl/demo_temp.as ... vilwhiskey